Eye Glasses and First Optic in Pattaya

jimcarr65

I just have to mention how pleased I am with the service of First Optic in Pattaya. This eye glass shop is located behind Tuk Com about

.3 km from the main Tuk Com building. I was told about this place 2 years ago from some expats and it does not disappoint. I have bought 3 pairs

of glasses from him in the past 2 years for my wife, and two kids.

This morning I sat on mine and the lens popped out and the frame was bent at about 60 degrees. I did not think they could be saved, but I took them

in anyway. I don't know the gentlemans name who owns the shop, but he is great. He said "I will try" and told me to come back two hours later. I went

back and they were finished and how he got them back to normal I will never know. I guess the reason for my thread is customer service is not one of

Thailands strong suits, but this guy gets it. I have gone to him several times for tweeks when things get bent, always no problem.

He did not want any money to fix them this time, but I had to give him something as he could have just as well said "well i tried", did not fix them and then charged

me 3,000 baht for new lenses. Not this guy, he says, "you are my customer and I need to take care of you". I have never heard that anywhere else in Thailand.

So, if you need glasses or contacts, go to FIRST OPTIC behind Tuk Com, you will not be disappointed.

Not this guy, he says, "you are my customer and I need to take care of you". I have never heard that anywhere else in Thailand

Have had a similar experience with Euro Optic Sai Song/2nd Rd across from Royal Garden Plaza.

I went in to get new glasses with transition & progressive lenses, which run about Baht 25,000 plus frames. After the exam I was told there would be too small a change in the prescription to make it worth the cost, that I should wait six months to a year and check again. No charge for the exam. I have used them over a period of 15 years so I am a long-standing customer, but it was nice of them not to want to sell me something I didn't really need (yet).

I, too, give First Optic a thumbs up!

I've using then for 3-years now. Sometimes I have new lenses put into old frames;

sometimes get new inexpensive frames. I believe his sister (?) is an optician

and makes the lenses.

Service is quick, often just 2-days.

bought already 3 glasses there, overall very good value but if you are looking for really good quality its may not the place to go

Even and chosen always the top quality of lenses they easily get scratched and even the surface damaged after 6 - 12 months, after only about 1 year needed spare part of the frames but not available anymore.

But i still go there for my spare frames - if you are on budget its good but don't expect top quality.

The owner offers very good customer care but is limited with his budget products.

Another vote for Euro Optic. Just picked up some glasses from there, great service and perfect fit/vision.

Are the frames offered local brands or European ones like Luxotica...are titanium frames available?

unfortunately - at least for me - they only have dated and/or less appealing frames there as their main target group seems to be 60+ age

Another vote for Euro Optic. Just picked up some glasses from there, great service and perfect fit/vision.

Are the frames offered local brands or European ones like Luxotica...are titanium frames available?

unfortunately - at least for me - they only have dated and/or less appealing frames there as their main target group seems to be 60+ age

OK thanks... I'll make a calendar entry to swing by there in ten years. For now I guess, I'll have to use one of the stores at Central Mall and get "ripped-off." ?

I will give a shout-out to Pattaya Optical, which is located on the north side of Central Road about 100 meters east of Second Road (just past the mango stand on the corner). I was in the market for new glasses and there are 4 optical shops along a short stretch of Second Road in this area so I stopped in them all to see what was up.

The service and selection at Pattaya Optical was by far the best, especially the service. There is a very nice Thai-Persian or Muslim lady who speaks good English and is very knowledgeable about eyeglass frames and lenses. They have a large selection of low to medium priced frames in the 3-10k range. I had expected to have to buy both new lenses and frames but she suggested i only needed new frames and found several to which my old lenses could be fitted. (How often do you find such "down-selling" in Thailand?) She and her staff also don't automatically pull out the most expensive frames in the shop to show you as is so prevalent in many shops in Pattaya.

In the end, I ended up getting one new frame for my old lenses and a new pair of prescription sunglasses (both frames and lenses). I was very happy with the service I received from Pattaya Optical and recommend them highly.

That's just pure nonsense. I'm not into the dated look at all, and very happy with my MODERN frames which I purchased from Euro Optic. If you can't find the frames you want, you can order from a catalogue.

The choice of frames is a little limited but i've had no problem getting good looking frames there. If you want to pay treble for a "name" frame then go elsewhere.

The choice of frames is a little limited but i've had no problem getting good looking frames there. If you want to pay treble for a "name" frame then go elsewhere.

I ended up getting my glasses at Pattaya Optic...see my post infra.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/5/2016 at 11:59 PM, Suradit69 said:

Have had a similar experience with Euro Optic Sai Song/2nd Rd across from Royal Garden Plaza.

I went in to get new glasses with transition & progressive lenses, which run about Baht 25,000 plus frames. After the exam I was told there would be too small a change in the prescription to make it worth the cost, that I should wait six months to a year and check again. No charge for the exam. I have used them over a period of 15 years so I am a long-standing customer, but it was nice of them not to want to sell me something I didn't really need (yet).

I too use progressive lenses. The best price I have gotten in Pattaya for a pair of lenses only was Baht 6,000 to 8,000

I find it cheaper to fly to Viet Nam where the last pair I bought 2 months  ago cost Baht 3,000, including frames.

10 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I too use progressive lenses. The best price I have gotten in Pattaya for a pair of lenses only was Baht 6,000 to 8,000

I find it cheaper to fly to Viet Nam where the last pair I bought 2 months  ago cost Baht 3,000, including frames.

I tried the less expensive lenses once. It's like looking through a warped fish bowl.