Samsung Galaxy s7 which installed languages in Thailand

North

Hello everyone,

I am interested in buying the new Samsung Galaxy s7.

I have read, that some versions have approx. 40 languages installed, while other versions have only 6 languages installed.

I am in Sweden right now, and it looks like, the version selling here has the 40 languages, and I was able to install swedish, danish, english and thai as input languages.

I wonder, which languages is installed in the s7, you can buy in Thailand ?

Also it looks like, the s7 selling in Thailand is a dual-sim version, can anyone confirm this ?

A good alternative is the Motorola Moto x and it is quite a bit cheaper than the Samsung Galaxy S7. I have a Samsung and like the S7 but reading the technical specs the Motorola is very impressive

Also it looks like, the s7 selling in Thailand is a dual-sim version, can anyone confirm this ?

I have the J7 ( much cheaper version of S7) and it is dual SIM. I think that most mobiles on sale in Thailand have dual SIM versions.

PS, as an edit, I am really happy with the J7; I can't imagine what more the S7 can have that would make it about 15K Baht more expensive. Anyone know?

Edited by Patanawet

I have the J7 ( much cheaper version of S7) and it is dual SIM. I think that most mobiles on sale in Thailand have dual SIM versions.

PS, as an edit, I am really happy with the J7; I can't imagine what more the S7 can have that would make it about 15K Baht more expensive. Anyone know?

Much faster processor, but better quality screen, much higher build quality, more hardware built in for a start.

So yes, it's far superior to the J7 (which isn't a cheaper version of the S7 on any planet).

Much faster processor, but better quality screen, much higher build quality, more hardware built in for a start.

So yes, it's far superior to the J7 (which isn't a cheaper version of the S7 on any planet).

Thanks Jass. I sit corrected.

Well,

Thank you for the answers.

It would be nice, if someone, who actually have an s7, could tell me, if it is dual sim or not.

The one for sale here in Sweden can only have one sim and costs approx. 31,000 baht.

I think that Samsung/Thailand sells the SM-G930FD version here. It is a DUOS, so it can take 2 SIMs or one SIM plus one uSD card.

That's not to say that you couldn't find another grey-market version here.

I think the local MSRP is 23,900 THB, which may include the 7% VAT, and you may be able to get that VAT refunded at the airport upon departure. Some shops have the S7 for as little as 20,300 THB but no clue if these are grey-market.

There are (at least) two different hardware platforms (Exynos and Snapdragon), so make sure you get the one you want, if that's important to you.

It (the Thai version) has 14 languages installed on the stock ROM (UI), mostly SEAsia including a few English (UK, U.S., Philippines) options. Obviously you can install add-on input keyboards.

No clue if a different stock ROM could be flashed without tripping KNOX?

I suspect that any unit purchased here would only have a Thai warranty, so you'd have tor return the unit to Thailand for any warranty repair/service. (But review the warranty card for verification, obviously.)

Edited by mtls2005