Thai Insurance without WP

Hello,

I am trying to get a decent health insurance. Around 40-50k THB per year budget. I have a Non-O visa with yearly extensions and have a child in Thailand. I got already refused by AIA and Muang Thai Life Insurance because I don't work in Thailand or have any Income here. Which Insurance should I try next?

Surprised that they would refuse you. You might try agents in a different location or make an inquiry on their websites.

In the past, before I retired, I had BUPA medical insurance even during years when I was here on tourist visas and visa exempt entries and then for awhile on an O-A entry and retirement extension, before my US insurance kicked in. I don't remember them ever checking on my immigration status.

You might contact a licensed native English speaker broker who sells several lines of Health Insurance. I live in Buriram, yet I have been well served by a licensed insurance broker who has an office in Phuket. I have paid for Thai Health Insurance, and then switched to BUPA Health insurance for my family. No work permit necessary to buy health insurance in my ten years of coverage in Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely no need for a WP to get health insurance. Thousands of retirees here with health insurance. You should get reasonable cover within your budget provided you aren't too old and don't have serious any pre-existing conditions.