Big C Pattaya South

longball53098

Earlier this week I saw a full page ad in the Bangkok Post from Big C showing the photos of several foreign men in chefs clothes and the ad indicating that 5 of Big C stores around Thailand are improving the services in the meat and bakery areas of the stores. On the list of the stores was the 2 Big C stores in Pattaya. The central road location (old Carrefour) and the Pattaya South store next to Homeworks.

Now I have shopped in the central road store many times and they have always had a great bakery and meat dept. But the south store is a standard Big C with the usual Big C products and nothing like the central road store as for the meat and bakery areas.

Did anyone else see the ad? Has anyone been to the south store lately? Anything new and improved there?

Several months back my mate reckoned he got some good burger patties at the Big C & Tai and mentioned sausages as well. On a couple of occasions that I checked, the meat products were pretty grim with loads of Yorkies rubbish in the freezer bins. However, about a month ago, I checked again and bought some their own brand, large pork sausages for around 80 baht (3 pack). I used them in a sausage casserole and they were bloody good. I think the foreign butcher isn't there full-time so, like your experience, stocks may vary?