U.S. Tourist visa for Thai wife

It's been awhile since I helped anyone with getting a U.S. visa. A friend of mine had been communicating with a Thai young lady and over time he decided to visit and if compatible, get married. I suggested getting a fiance visa because they usually process rapidly. However after arriving they talked with someone that told them that Fiance visas were, at the moment being processed ant to get a registered Thai marriage and then apply for a U.S. Spouse visa. They were told if she wanted to visit the U.S. she could get a U.S. Tourist visa while they were awaiting the processing of the Spouse visa. The marriage is recorded in Thailand so a Fiance visa can no longer be applied for.

Two questions I would like to ask for your input.

1) Several years ago I was told getting a Tourist visa for a Thai girl was next to impossible because they kept skipping out and disappearing in the U.S. Anyone have any idea of the processing time for a U.S. Tourist visa for a Thai young lady with a recorded Thai marriage? (Factors guaranteeing her return to Thailand - She has a Master of Business Administration and is a very successful accountant, she has a daughter that will be staying in Thailand while she visits and she maintains real state assets along with a reasonable amount of savings in a Thai bank.)

2). Was I correct that the Fiance visa is processed faster then the Spouse visa?

Thanks

Can not answer "not being processed" but a quick call to Embassy would likely get clarification. As for a tourist visa being issued immediately after marriage highly doubt that will be approved as this is the method used to shortcut normal processing time/checks as once in USA they apply for conversion and remain in USA. Exactly what Consulate is instructed to prevent happening.

Indeed fiancee visa has normally been faster than spouse to obtain - but in Bangkok there is a shortcut for spouse available to those living here full time as they can directly apply to local immigration office and cut out the US office wait time. But this would not appear to be an option for your friend as he does not seem to live here.