Usufruct again ,sorry i know its a repetitive topic

Ok not new to this been on the forum around ten years and read a lot about this over the years ,simple one really i hope just looking for advice and best way to go about this to avoid any hiccups and confusion when we go land office.

Situaution,am looking to get a usufruct from the ex wife,have put deposit on land no house on it just flat land small plot 3.5 hong,going to land office next week to pay and change paperwork into ex wife name ,at the same time want to get my name added for usufruct,a good friend thai who regularly sells land and deals with this all the time has advised us that we need to prove to land office that the ex wife is not acting as a nominee to hold land for me,he advised its better if we could prove we have some kind of relationship,divorced ex wife 3 years ago was married for 5 years and have known her for around 10 years.

Have pictures etc etc when we were married is it wise to bring these to land office to show proof of relationship.

Can it not be as simple as we say she is my girlfriend and we want to build house on land to live in.

advice welcome....thanks in advance.

Edited by taninthai

maybe its a business that we are planning to start,maybe we want to build 2 houses one for me to live one for her to have or to use for rental income,maybe i have loaned her the money to buy the land for her to start a business.....many reasons but the yes the whole point of the topic is how to go about it without raising them sort of questions or suspicions at the land office,obviously at the land office we or she will be claiming she bought the land with her own money.

Edited by taninthai

"that the ex wife is not acting as a nominee to hold land for me". Well that is exactly the intention isn't it?

I have no experience with it but I am interested to know if you succeeded, and at which land office. It is a construction I would like when the time comes to move to Thailand.

I personnally think I'm worrying about nothing,creating a problem that doesn't exist,we are simply going to the land office as boyfriend and girlfriend to get a usufuct ,hundreds of couples do this ,my friend deals with this land office all the time he knows if they get the chance they will ask for under the table payments,he is just trying to avoid this ,a lot of land office don't like the usufruct because they don't make money from it,no problem if they dint want to issue usufruct will just go back another time and get 30 year lease no problem with paying tax on the lease because the ex wife will give me the lease for peanuts,the purchase price of the land is only a few hundred thousand bht.