Huawei P9 and P9 Plus with Leica Dual-Camera

I am very interested in the P9 mainly due to it's dual Leica camera system but many other goodies like a very fast processor and 5.2" HD screen on the smaller P9 which is a perfect size for me.

Okay not cheap, in the UK 450 pounds or almost 23k baht but it's a flagship phone, 100 pounds more for the bigger screen P9 plus

Anybody know if they will be sold here and from which store? I am not sure it support Thai network so that is something to check off course.

I will not buy from Tukcom and other doggy retailers.

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/huawei/huawei-p9/23483/stunning-huawei-p9-and-p9-plus-available-now-leica-dual-camera

Edited by guzzi850m2

It is not a Leica camera on the phone, it is Leica 'certified', whatever that is worth. The camera hardware is made by Sunny Optical, a Chinese company. Leica provided no help in the development or production of the optics (as reported by droid-life) Not Leica lenses. Apparently Huawei have subsequently issued a statement with Leica stating that Leica was intimately involved with the 'engineering process'.

Edited by SheungWan

Well, I am sure Leica is quite involved in the development or they won't allow their name on the phone. A tester from digitaltrend says that the phone menu system on the phone is very similar to that on a Leica cameras.

Will wait for more reviews before making up my mind.

• 1 month later...