QUICK - need price for 12000 BTU inverter Mitsubishi or Daikon

bankruatsteve

My 9000 BTU 'normal' AC has been in the shop for 3 days (they took in both units) to try to find a leak that they have tried to fix 3 times.

I'm thinking of trying to make a deal with him to keep that one but give me a good discount on a new unit. I would need to do this tomorrow.

So, I would appreciate what TV users have paid for installed 12000 BTU inverter (I prefer Mitsubishi or Daikon).

Thanks.

leaking gas i presume best of luck with the deal very one sided i would think how old is the unit ?

Daikin usually pretty reliable in answer to your question brand name units about 15 k more

Update: So, I realize now that it's "Daikin" not "Daikon". In the mean time... my wife called the AC guy. Our unit is still being "fixed" - something must be in the compressor unit. OK. So she proposes my deal idea. The guy said that Mitsubishi doesn't have inverter with the 12K unit. (?) And he knows nothing about DaiKON. OK - so I'm thinking... try "DaiKIN". Oh OK. But which unit do I want. (?) He said there are like 10 units and I have to pick one before he can make a deal. Jeez. Off to Google land I am.

I google Daikin and find there are indeed several different models: Urusara, Eldra, Smart, Smile Plus, and Smile.

So help me out guys. Is there any reason to go with something other than "Smile" - which I am assuming is the cheapest less frills model. (?)

IE: all I want is a good inverter AC

I have the Daikin smart FTKM series, they are not the cheapest but we are very happy with them. Very quiet and cheap to run.

OK sounds good. Can you say what you paid for that and when?

I'm going to try to make a deal and little time to check things out. (Is why I'm asking.)

I have the Daikin smart FTKM series, they are not the cheapest but we are very happy with them. Very quiet and cheap to run.

OK sounds good. Can you say what you paid for that and when?

I'm going to try to make a deal and little time to check things out. (Is why I'm asking.)

I believe Daikin's Smart Series 12,000 BTU Inverter was priced at 23,900 baht and its 15,000 BTU Inverter was priced at 27,900 baht - installed.

What was the final deal you ended up with?

I think he is still trying to figure out the problem with my old unit. He's really busy now and apparently doesn't multi-task. I'll let you know what happens if/when it does.

After reviewing the description of the Daikin units, I don't think I would really use the features available above "Smile" (the basic model). Anybody argue for or against that?

^ When I bought mine, I researched also the smile series, I can't remember why I went for the Smart (FTKM) series but I think it had to do with that Smart is more efficient. (High SEER and used less Wattage)

I have thrown away all the brochures etc sorry

There are actually 3 versions of the Smile:

Smile (FTKC..PV series) - 11,900 BTU / 990 Watts

Smile plus (FTKC..QV series) - 11,900 BTU / 960 Watts

Smile (ATKC series) - 12,100 BTU / 1,110 Watts

The Smart series (FTKM) are more efficient - 11,900 BTU / 810 Watts

The Smile Plus adds a infrared sensor that can increase the preset temp by 2c when no-one has been in the room for 20 minutes to save energy. The Smart series also has that feature, plus it has motorized left/right swing (others have only up/down), so is able to distribute air around the room more evenly.

For best prices, copy and paste some model numbers here: www.priceza.com

Finally (turns out QUICK wasn't necessary) ...

Our AC guy turned into a real jerk after (I'm guessing) finding out he couldn't get a price break on Daikin. Daikin has a new model called "SMASH" that he got several on promotion and kept trying to pawn off on us for 20K (it's not an inverter model). So, he finally said we can go buy whatever we want and he'll install it.

Our 2nd stop today was as Home Hub and they had the 11900 BTU FTKM12NS2 (I think that's right) for 26,500. (SEER 21+) Interestingly, that same product number was both a "SMILE PLUS" and the "SMART" and both priced the same so I went with the SMART. I found on the internet for 24900 but Home Hub said install tomorrow and who knows how long the shipping would take and our AC guy would probably get around some time next August.

Thanks again for all the input - that really helped to get me on the right track.

Well shit. The installers just showed up and the inside unit is FTKM but the compressor is RKM. Am I getting cheated?

This editor is not functioning properly

I am to use this same AC inverter, too.
Edited by Ahnsahn

After I check Daikin specs, it seems FTKM is for the inside unit and RKM is for the compressor. Seems a bit strange to me but maybe that's the way it is. Anyway... the unit is installed and working as advertised. Well, except there is nothing on the unit or the manual (Ok it's in Thai) that says it's SMART or SMILE or like that. Still searching.

After I check Daikin specs, it seems FTKM is for the inside unit and RKM is for the compressor. Seems a bit strange to me but maybe that's the way it is. Anyway... the unit is installed and working as advertised. Well, except there is nothing on the unit or the manual (Ok it's in Thai) that says it's SMART or SMILE or like that. Still searching.

There should be a label on the bottom of the indoor unit with the FTKM.... model number. The outdoor unit should replace the "FTKM" prefix with "RKM" but the rest of the model number should match the indoor unit.

e.g. FTKM33NV2S (indoor) RKM33NV2S (outdoor)

On mine I have (right under the flaps) an identification number

FTKM is smart

FTKC is smile

Edited by MJCM