Any new visa extension requirements on Samui?

Hi all,

We currently have an extension of stay based on retirement that we have to extend within a couple of weeks. Any new requirements compared to last year? As far as I know, I have to bring:

- copies passport (including all relevant pages and departure card etc.).

- certify letter from bank

- copies bank book last 3 months

- print-out from bank containing overview account activity of last 6 months

- marriage certificate (I have dutch wife)

- birth certificate of our child (born here)

- google map print with location of house and coordinates

- copy house book + copy rental agreement

Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance.

Al.

I am sure you have thought of everything although why a marriage certificate/child's birth cert. is required to to renew an extension based on retirement is a mystery!

In addition to your list a a complete TM7 form with photo and the 1900 bht fee will be needed.

A TM30 may also be required.

Edited by johnatong

It's in your interest to redact bank details etc but you'll be sent home like a naughty schoolboy if they notice. Failure to do so leaves you open to falling victim to fraudulent activity as explained in multiple recent threads.

HTH

Edited by evadgib

I am sure you have thought of everything although why a marriage certificate/child's birth cert. is required to to renew an extension based on retirement is a mystery!

In addition to your list a a complete TM7 form with photo and the 1900 bht fee will be needed.

A TM30 may also be required.

Marriage certificate because my (Dutch) wife is staying with me, she "follows" (so to speak) my extension based on retirement (if you both want such an extension, you need to be both over 50 and need 2x 800,000 baht in Thai bank accounts). Birth certificate: our son goes on the same extension, but we have to proof he's ours.. So, that's why.

And yep, of course the TM7 and passport sized photos.

It's in your interest to redact bank details etc but you'll be sent home like a naughty schoolboy if they notice. Failure to do so leaves you open to falling victim to fraudulent activity as explained in multiple recent threads.

HTH

What do you mean by this?

HTH

What do you mean by this?

See my reply here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/916742-retirement-extension-samui-is-this-a-record/

• 1 month later...

Seems things have changed lately as to requirements... Medical Certificate, now required with blood and urine tests.... to be done within 7 days of reporting for new annual extension. of OA or O visas. At a hospital not just a doctors letter.

There is a topic running here... for more information.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/927024-update-on-samui-immigration-requirements/

I received this on email this afternoon from a member:

"A few of us have been through visa extensions recently and have been caught out by some new rules. Here is a summary of what you will need until they change again.

1. Two copies of passport, visa page and departure card. NOTE they are insisting that all photocopies must be done in Portrait format, they reject Landscape copies and offer to re copy them for you....
  2. Application form TM7 with photo
  3. A bank statement showing minimum funds of 800k bht, or proof of monthly income as usual.
  4. A bank statement showing 3 months of transactions issued by your bank and stamped by the bank.
  5. A letter confirming your account issued by the bank.
  6. A photocopy of every page of your bank book to match you bank statement... again offered to be copied by immigration.
  7. A google map print out showing GPS coordinates of your accommodation.
  8. A copy of your house book or rental agreement
  9. A copy of your marriage certificate if applying as a married couple.
  10. A hospital medical certificate from Nathon hospital, this costs 735bht and involves blood pressure, chest xray for TB, blood tests for syphilis, urine for Amphetamines. This must be no more than 7 days old. (note they will no longer accept a GP’s certificate)
  11. The completion of the new Alien Personal information form.

I think that's about it .... the rejection of landscape copies is a new one !"

Latest I heard on new Maenam office being open is two more months, but don't hold your breath!

Seems things have changed lately as to requirements... Medical Certificate, now required with blood and urine tests.... to be done within 7 days of reporting for new annual extension. of OA or O visas. At a hospital not just a doctors letter.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/927024-update-on-samui-immigration-requirements/

"A few of us have been through visa extensions recently and have been caught out by some new rules. Here is a summary of what you will need until they change again.

1. Two copies of passport, visa page and departure card. NOTE they are insisting that all photocopies must be done in Portrait format, they reject Landscape copies and offer to re copy them for you....
  3. A bank statement showing minimum funds of 800k bht, or proof of monthly income as usual.
  4. A bank statement showing 3 months of transactions issued by your bank and stamped by the bank.
  6. A photocopy of every page of your bank book to match you bank statement... again offered to be copied by immigration.
  10. A hospital medical certificate from Nathon hospital, this costs 735bht and involves blood pressure, chest xray for TB, blood tests for syphilis, urine for Amphetamines. This must be no more than 7 days old. (note they will no longer accept a GP’s certificate)

Latest I heard on new Maenam office being open is two more months, but don't hold your breath!

10. A chest x-ray? If that is required every year, isn't that unhealthy?

Any word on if the medical cert is just for retirement extensions or are they asking for them for marriage extensions as well (mine is due in a couple of months and I don't want to make a trip to Samui and spend all my time waiting at the hospital).

10. A chest x-ray? If that is required every year, isn't that unhealthy?

I doubt x-rays are advised unless you had symptoms that required one.

BP - if it is high are you refused an extension.?

If you fail any of the tests - what happens.

My yearly retirement extension is over 31th of July every year, this year my 90 days reporting is July 10th so almost 3 weeks before, why?

So should I go with all the papers already on July 10th?

Or waiting for they asking me for a further appointment a few days before July 31th?

wai.gif for answering smile.png

My yearly retirement extension is over 31th of July every year, this year my 90 days reporting is July 10th so almost 3 weeks before, why?

Or waiting for they asking me for a further appointment a few days before July 31th?

Before Samui Immigration would normally not renew Retirement Extension before one week before expiry date – however, one year I managed three weeks before by the then so-called (to me always kind) "Birdman", as my 90-days report was three weeks before expiry date – but things may have changed after new boss, and all the other recent changes at Samui Immigration. Generally you shall be able to renew up to one month before expiry, and one week after – but various local Immigration offices may have their own regulations.

Best to check before, as your bank statements – and new medical report – shall not be more than one week old, so if you arrive with all due documents and is rejected, you have to do it all over again.

The 90-day reports runs separate from the visa-extensions, so when coming July 10th, your next "90-day" will be July 31st, as your permission to stay in the Kingdom runs out at that date. When renewing your permissin to stay for another year, the 90-day reports restarts from that date. At least, so they do it at Samui Immigration, there have been posts saying different, from other parts of Thailand.

Before Samui Immigration would normally not renew Retirement Extension before one week before expiry date – however, one year I managed three weeks before by the then so-called (to me always kind) "Birdman", as my 90-days report was three weeks before expiry date – but things may have changed after new boss, and all the other recent changes at Samui Immigration. Generally you shall be able to renew up to one month before expiry, and one week after – but various local Immigration offices may have their own regulations.

Best to check before, as your bank statements – and new medical report – shall not be more than one week old, so if you arrive with all due documents and is rejected, you have to do it all over again.

The 90-day reports runs separate from the visa-extensions, so when coming July 10th, your next "90-day" will be July 31st, as your permission to stay in the Kingdom runs out at that date. When renewing your permissin to stay for another year, the 90-day reports restarts from that date. At least, so they do it at Samui Immigration, there have been posts saying different, from other parts of Thailand.

"Best to check before, as your bank statements – and new medical report – shall not be more than one week old, so if you arrive with all due documents and is rejected, you have to do it all over again".

+1, Exactly ! You understood everything smile.png I guess I will go asking before thumbsup.gif

+ Thanks for taking the time to answer.

I'll see what I can find out, this week, I don't like pushing my luck with too many questions to the boss man!

One thing I will say, is to avoid doing anything like this on Mondays and Fridays (especially Fridays) as they are generally the busiest days ....wink.png

I can't answer the X Ray question.... someone who works in a London hospital .... should be able to give the answer to that! whistling.gifwink.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'll see what I can find out, this week, I don't like pushing my luck with too many questions to the boss man!

One thing I will say, is to avoid doing anything like this on Mondays and Fridays (especially Fridays) as they are generally the busiest days ....wink.png

I can't answer the X Ray question.... someone who works in a London hospital .... should be able to give the answer to that! whistling.gifwink.png

So have you find out something interesting ???

Thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So have you find out something interesting ???

Thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry no nothing new, from me... (yet)

Will add that Immigration is closed for three days next week, in case anyone missed that.(Government Holidays) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday... that will cause huge line ups on Thursday and Friday. w00t.gif