Khru Noi decides to give up her charity work to take care of abandoned children

webfact

Khru Noi decides to give up her charity work to take care of abandoned children

12733359_1562637057394856_67430899678402

BANGKOK: -- A former school teacher who devoted more than 35 years of her life tending to hundreds of abandoned children and orphans has finally given up because she can no longer bear the financial burden and the accumulated debts.

The kind-hearted woman, known as Khru Noi or Mrs Nualnoi Timkul, told Channel 8 TV that she decided to close down her welfare home for her “adopted children” presently numbering 65 of them, including five with mental problem who needs special care.

She said that she had been questioned all along about the public donations. But she insisted that her average monthly spending to tend to the 65 youngsters, including food expense, school fees and miscellaneous spending for the children amounted to 200,000 baht.

Mrs Nualnoi disclosed that about six years ago she was given 500,000 baht from a donor for use but the money was used to repay her debts. Her house which has been used to house the children has been mortgaged with a commercial bank.

She claimed that public donations did not cover the expenses forcing her to turn to loan sharks to get the money in order to take care of the children.

Since the launch of the welfare home in 1980, Khru Noi has taken care of more than 800 children with most of them growing up and leaving her home.

As for the remaining 65 children, she said that had lodged a petition with the Youth’s Affairs Department asking for help. Moreover, she said she would sell her house hoping to get some money to settle her own debts and to provide the last help to the children.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/162609

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-10

Anyone in a position of power in the government, both past and present should be ashamed to read this rather sad story.

But then I realized where I was and understand the need for HS trains, submarines, tanks, shopping malls etc etc, and all the other necessities for this country to try and attain first world status.

Khru Noi or Mrs Nualnoi Timkul,wai.gif clap2.gif

it's one of the great shames in Thailand that it does not look after it's own citizens and a great shame of parents who abandon them and almost a greater shame that family planning is as rare here as a flying Naga

Edited by LannaGuy

Isn't that a nice story..............

My wife and I have decided that we just want to have two children.

..............Now we need to choose one to get rid of........................................coffee1.gif

it's one of the great shames in Thailand that it does not look after it's own citizens and a great shame of parents who abandon them and almost a greater shame that family planning is as rare here as a flying Naga

Kruu Noi is Thai and she was looking after them.

Family planning sounds good, but when young people are hot for each other they sometimes forget. In the west millions of abortions are carried out every year. In Thailand it is illegal( but still happens) and taboo as it is seen more as baby killing than just a "mistake" as it is in the west.

Really bad karma for the Thais to have an abortion, they would rather give birth and adopt out rather than killing the unborn child.

So thousands of orphans is the result.

Kruu Noi got desperate and turned to the money sharks. It nearly always ends up like this from what I have seen. The sharks and the high interest rates are a slippery slope.

This is where Prayuth should be stepping up to the plate. He seems more concerned about deck chairs than his abandoned children.

He told her to innovate

PM urges Thais to innovate

yea that's a great help. Innovate woman, I don't have time for these peasant brats, I have a luncheon to attend with my hiso friends. Send the girls to the bars, that helps tourism and sell the boys to the fishing fleets.

Family planning sounds good, but when young people are hot for each other they sometimes forget. In the west millions of abortions are carried out every year. In Thailand it is illegal( but still happens) and taboo as it is seen more as baby killing than just a "mistake" as it is in the west.

Really bad karma for the Thais to have an abortion, they would rather give birth and adopt out rather than killing the unborn child.

Kruu Noi got desperate and turned to the money sharks. It nearly always ends up like this from what I have seen. The sharks and the high interest rates are a slippery slope.

Yes I know and abortion, medically supervised, is part of the answer as is education etc. there is NO bad 'karma' for abortions carried out early and there is always the 'morning after' pill. It is twisted logic for Thais to have unwanted babies and it is not 'killing an unborn child' it is ejecting an unformed foetus which has NO LIFE of it's own.

very sorry for Khun Noi nonetheless and hope this angel get's support form some rich Thai who wants to make REAL merit

For the past 18 years here at Tree of Life House (Buriram) , a registered Thai NGO, we have taken in orphaned, indigent and abandoned children. We raised 69 children over that time. We refused from the beginning to take government money. Instead we raised the needed funds through our friends and more than 870 volunteers from over 50 countriies and from my teaching, royalties from my books and pension. Now we are down to only 2 children other than our own living with us. However we are now focusing on building a sports center at the Wat Ban Yoei Sakei Elementary School which will be shared by 12 schools with a total enrollment of 2,236 children between the ages of 4 and 16 (kindergarten through grade 9 - (M3.). A lot of kids have benefited and many have graduated high school and university and are on their own. We let them know we do not want them to support us but to do one up by helping someone else who is needy..

Yes I know and abortion, medically supervised, is part of the answer as is education etc. there is NO bad 'karma' for abortions carried out early and there is always the 'morning after' pill. It is twisted logic for Thais to have unwanted babies and it is not 'killing an unborn child' it is ejecting an unformed foetus which has NO LIFE of it's own.

very sorry for Khun Noi nonetheless and hope this angel get's support form some rich Thai who wants to make REAL merit

Khru Noi deserves some help . It is unfortunate that a previous 500,000 baht donation was not used for the purpose intended and other donors are now wary . Impoverished children should have free schooling however the cost per child per month still averages 3076 baht per child . If someone could ease the burden of the book keeping for Khru Noi and guarantee all monies donated would be used for the sole for the benefit of the children i for one would be happy to make a donation and with others hopefully prevent the closure of her sanctuary .

In the 14 posts prior to mine i read the comments both good, several and poor many, the fact that this government should shoulder the burden (an easy target), no mention of any help from previous governments going back to 1980.

Yet only one poster, jippytum made any offer to help Khru Noi.

I am ready to donate along with jippytum.

Is anyone else willing to put their money where their mouth and keyboard is?

After all actions speak louder than words.

Not me if that is what you want to hear. I care but I am not an online financial person. I donate when I can and do other things.

I see a lot of plastic boxes for cash donations around BKK at banks and other places that are often stuffed packed full of donations and the dumb charities never come to take in that money and use it. They could toss it in the bank and make some interest at least. I don't know what they are doing. The future for these donation boxes should be electronic or through ATMs. If someone asked me for a donation while on an ATM machine, I'd send a few hundred baht to them if it were a good cause. Maybe banks should get involved in this. It's silly the way these charities are so disorganized in getting funding. You could probably help this woman with crowd-funding as well with some website like Kickstarter or whatever. I'm no expert in this but someone who knows online stuff could probably set it up and get people from around the globe to donate. Maybe she already has something like this going. People are willing to give but there needs to be a change.

Not me if that is what you want to hear. I care but I am not an online financial person. I donate when I can and do other things.

I see a lot of plastic boxes for cash donations around BKK at banks and other places that are often stuffed packed full of donations and the dumb charities never come to take in that money and use it. They could toss it in the bank and make some interest at least. I don't know what they are doing. The future for these donation boxes should be electronic or through ATMs. If someone asked me for a donation while on an ATM machine, I'd send a few hundred baht to them if it were a good cause. Maybe banks should get involved in this. It's silly the way these charities are so disorganized in getting funding. You could probably help this woman with crowd-funding as well with some website like Kickstarter or whatever. I'm no expert in this but someone who knows online stuff could probably set it up and get people from around the globe to donate. Maybe she already has something like this going. People are willing to give but there needs to be a change.

I can understand that and at least you responded honestly and I thank you for that.

What this woman needs is not MORE money. She actually gets loads of donations (or did). She needs an accountant! And another, note I say another course on fiscal housekeeping.. She is just rubbish with money! Which actually seems a trend for teachers here in Thailand.

What this woman needs is not MORE money. She actually gets loads of donations (or did). She needs an accountant! And another, note I say another course on fiscal housekeeping.. She is just rubbish with money! Which actually seems a trend for teachers here in Thailand.

I suspect that keeping an eye on 65 children is not a job that leads to having much spare time.

Perhaps what may be better for her would be a part or full time bean counter and then she could concentrate on the children more.