Safe crackers rob home of Swedish expats in Hua Hin then celebrate with a bottle of their wine

webfact

Safe crackers rob home of Swedish expats in Hua Hin then celebrate with a bottle of their wine

hhh.jpg
Image: Daily News

HUA HIN:-- Safe breakers who robbed a Swedish couple while they were out of Thailand celebrated their haul with wine and chocolates from the fridge.

Then calmly left with the loot, reported Daily News.

The burglary happened when the business people were back in Sweden. They had left their townhouse in in Soi Hua Hin 94, Charoen Pattana 1 in the care of a Thai man.

The townhouse is located close to where a Swedish woman who was injured after falling from her motorbike was robbed by three Thai men.

When Khomsan Hormhao, 39, came to tidy up and spray for termites he discovered the break-in. The safe had been ripped out of a wardrobe, placed on a towel and tools had been used to break it open.

Everything had gone apart from keys to a car and motorbike.

The thieves had helped themselves to a bottle of wine, chocolates and soft drinks before leaving.

The owners, who left two months ago were informed but it is not yet known what was contained in the safe. Khomsan said that the CCTV system outside their property was a fake set up that didn't actually work.

Source Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-12

Decidedly, HH, this becomes problematic.

It is true that the cameras are often lures and security does not exist.

We entered it a few years ago, at home, in daylight. Computer, money, paper, soared.

The camera was not connected, otherwise, we could find 2 Thais thieves.

That's a safe.............?? I worked for Chubb safes N.Zealand for 2 years opening safes------yes people do forget their PIN numbers, although some were kind enough to write them on the wall next to the safe........those ones were already opened for us.

Its a wonder it was left there---most safes of that type are just taken away to a workshop and opened at their leisure. If you do feel the need for a safe--get an underground one---(see pic) -the mad thing is there even cheaper then the tin boxs.

mtxv7-mfMPpH3SPNgaSUahg.jpg

That's a safe.............?? I worked for Chubb safes N.Zealand for 2 years opening safes------yes people do forget their PIN numbers, although some were kind enough to write them on the wall next to the safe........those ones were already opened for us.

Its a wonder it was left there---most safes of that type are just taken away to a workshop and opened at their leisure. If you do feel the need for a safe--get an underground one---(see pic) -the mad thing is there even cheaper then the tin boxs.

mtxv7-mfMPpH3SPNgaSUahg.jpg

Agreed. Which is why I would be most suspicious that inside info was used for this robbery. The fact that they felt they had loads of time to break into the safe and help themselves to wine indicates they knew nobody was coming back anytime soon.

The only way to punish the Thai system heavily is to boycott tourism collectively by the international communities but this is not going to happen.

Some Swede had his safe raided and you are calling for tourist to boycott Thailand, WOW.

Well it was obviously somebody the Swedish couple knew or somebody the 'house carer' knew..... You don't burgle a property and sit around drinking and eating in the kitchen unless you know you have time

The only way to punish the Thai system heavily is to boycott tourism collectively by the international communities but this is not going to happen.

Foreign tourism is only a small part of the Thai economy.

Almost fell down laughing at this post.

A foreign idea to 'punish', hilarious.

Thanks for the morning laughter mate.

A few Nest cameras in the house with wifi left on would have captured the entry and alerted the owners at home in Sweden and stored images of the thieves in a cloud. Their security plan of giving a local the keys to the house and exact dates of travel differ from mine a little bit. Combine limited income and opportunity and you have a recipe for theft. Theft is like water. If there is a crack, theft will find it and eventually seep through it. As far as the burglars entering the fridge, this is actually not uncommon. I was aware of one notorious burglar who woud urinate into the open orange juice containers in victims homes. It is a good practice to discard all open foods after a burglar visits you. Or perhaps (in this case) leave your own urine in an expensive wine bottle in your fridge next to the rat poisoned chocolates.

A few Nest cameras in the house with wifi left on would have captured the entry and alerted the owners at home in Sweden and stored images of the thieves in a cloud. Their security plan of giving a local the keys to the house and exact dates of travel differ from mine a little bit. Combine limited income and opportunity and you have a recipe for theft. Theft is like water. If there is a crack, theft will find it and eventually seep through it. As far as the burglars entering the fridge, this is actually not uncommon. I was aware of one notorious burglar who woud urinate into the open orange juice containers in victims homes. It is a good practice to discard all open foods after a burglar visits you. Or perhaps (in this case) leave your own urine in an expensive wine bottle in your fridge next to the rat poisoned chocolates.

Booby trapped chocolates, excellent!

Good thing the thieves did not eat their delicious and famous meatballs.

I live in Hua Hin. The place is a seething pit of crime. Makes Pattaya look like Sunday school.biggrin.png

Wild 65 year old Swedes running around everywhere in Speedos and bikinis.

Drinking wine at their houses.

Good thing they did not have any sex toys and medication for the police to parade.

But they made the mistake of trusting the Thaais. Over time people relax and forget your house will be ripped off for a pair of shoes.

I freak out just letting the air conditioning repair man in my house.

The last time my motorcycle alarm goes off as his helper wanders around the outside of my house into places he should not be.

I have just come from a video conference with the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff and the President of the United States and I can tell you a drone strike has be authorized for Soi 94 in Hua Hin.

I know that area very well, and my task is to set up the laser targeting system on the ground.

Here, we had the same idea.

I just had the President of the French, and he said that we should not have worried, for 94. He had the situation in hand, as usual, and that the problem would soon be resolved.

It will send jihadists. Yes, in France we have clubs, all expenses paid, for radicalized. And the jihadists, it knows it.

Well it was obviously somebody the Swedish couple knew or somebody the 'house carer' knew..... You don't burgle a property and sit around drinking and eating in the kitchen unless you know you have time

Well there are lost of houses in Hua Hin whose owners only live in Thailand part time. It would only be a matter of keeping an eye on houses of a particular street after dark to know which houses are lived in.The stupid thing to do is to leave anything of real value in the house when going overseas for any length of time.

Decidedly, HH, this becomes problematic.
It is true that the cameras are often lures and security does not exist.
We entered it a few years ago, at home, in daylight. Computer, money, paper, soared.
The camera was not connected, otherwise, we could find 2 Thais thieves.

I had so too fake camera's around my house but recently I changed to a real ones, including recorder and HD.

You don't have to worried anymore aboyt the price when you'll order at the big chinese mail companys like banggood or even ebay.

Cost peanuts.

Loose lips would do it.