Chinese tourist falls to her death at Bangkok hotel

webfact

Chinese tourist falls to her death at Bangkok hotel

ct.jpg
Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- A 46 year old Chinese tourist with a tour group fell to her death at a Huay Kwang, Bangkok, hotel this morning.

Huay Kwang police and medics who went to the scene found hotel employees keeping onlookers away from an area beside the hotel. They found the dead body of Liang Fang. She was wearing a white shirt and shorts and there was a pair of orange flip-flops near the body. She had suffered a broken neck, reported Daily News

The hotel was not named.

Evidence was given that the lady was with a tour group and was staying with her husband in a room on the eighth floor. She was known to be suffering from mental health problems.

Her husband told investigators that he woke up and found her missing and alerted hotel staff to look for her. They found her lying dead near the car park and called police.

Police are checking CCTV footage to try to ascertain what happened.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-12

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd wager Thailand is at least #2 in the world for hotel/condo jumpers. Perhaps even #1. China's live-in factory workers don't count.

Why shouldn't they count? Granted, I haven't heard of many Chinese factory workers jumping to their deaths so your analysis is probably spot on.

Another reason why say Cambodia is not as high on this list as Thailand - because it lacks tall buildings. Otherwise I think it would be up there too.

China has jumpers behind the iron curtain. Colleague of mine saw the mess of a female jumper in Shenzen a few months back.

A good freind of mine in Brazil saw the damage a woman can make of a large saloon car when she hit it from 19 floors up. He was less than 20 feet away when she exploded on the roof of the car.

I have pesonally seen what a large American guy looked like after a 13 floor fall in Jomtien. It is not like the movies.....

When I worked in Singapore back in 2004. I lived in a tall serviced appartment and was told by locals to be careful not to walk close to the side of high rise buildings as jumpers could and did kill passers by below. it was best to walk under the building if possible or several meters out on the pathways. This is also applicable to falling flower pots and other objects on balconies. Good advice anywhere there is a tall building.

As already stated, if there is not a high building then the chances of jumpers is diminished.

Cave dwellors, nomadic herders and people in grass / tin huts have limited opportunities for this method.

For the past 11 years in Thailand I have seen many reported incidents and it would appear that the critical height is best above the 5th floor.

Below this level it results in severe trauma injuries.

Edited by lonewolf99

A woman with mental issues, husband a sleep in the room, the whole thing takes place

in a foreign country where the local police don't really care what happened to a tourist,

Humm, it could be a plot for the prefect murder.....

Got a wife or relative you need 'taken care of'? Come to LOS where anybody, for the right price, can accidentally fall off a balcony on purpose in an apparent suicide that requires no further investigation. blink.png

RIP poor woman.

I'd wager Thailand is at least #2 in the world for hotel/condo jumpers. Perhaps even #1. China's live-in factory workers don't count.

Why shouldn't they count? Granted, I haven't heard of many Chinese factory workers jumping to their deaths so your analysis is probably spot on.

Another reason why say Cambodia is not as high on this list as Thailand - because it lacks tall buildings. Otherwise I think it would be up there too.

Certainly 3-5 years ago there was a spate of Chinese workers in Foxconn plants taking a dive. Have not heard much recently about it however.

I recall reading somewhere that Singapore & Hong Kong are the only places in the world where jumping from a great height is the preferred method for committing suicide.

Japanese like jumping from cliffs into the ocean I hear...post Sepicue...I presume. Very high suicide rates in Japan. Most go to Fuji to perform their final rights. Every year there's a clean-up of dead corpses by the Government. #'s are very high. Not into public displays as are the notorious flyers of Thailand.

Certainly 3-5 years ago there was a spate of Chinese workers in Foxconn plants taking a dive. Have not heard much recently about it however.

They put up safety nets:

Foxconn's response has been, fundamentally, to blame the workers. CEO Gou insists that if he were running the factory in his homeland Taiwan, he would not be held responsible for the suicides; only in China is he forced to bear this burden. Now, new hires must sign an anti-suicide pledge, promising that if they kill themselves, the company won't be blamed or pursued for compensation "so that the company's reputation would not be ruined and its operation remains stable." Only after an outcry did the company retract the document.

It put up safety nets instead.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-happened-after-the-foxconn-suicides/

Coz they're all dead. ???

One a week now for the last few months

an unusual occurrence ?

R.I.P mrs Fang

You mean for the last century surely ??

Joking aside. For many a year TV members have commented, debated, accused, guessed, warned and been disgusted at some poor victims demise having the usual involuntary flying lessons from such balconies. I can't even pose the the question - where does it all end ?

Usually, ground floor outside at the reception area !!!

Just saying ......

Edited by ScotBkk

I recall reading somewhere that Singapore & Hong Kong are the only places in the world where jumping from a great height is the preferred method for committing suicide.

The preferred method in Hong Kong is to rent a holiday flat on one of the many outlaying islands (Cheung Chau is particularly popular), then light charcoal in a metal charcoal burner whilst drinking heavily and perhaps taking some pills to help put yourself to sleep.

The charcoal burns and you don't wake up.

That is how a few people I knew did it and possibly how I would do it if I was trying to kill myself.

Relatively few people jump in HK.

There are way too many deaths in Thailand by this method. I have noticed that in Hotels, Condo's and Service Apartments the balcony railings are very low and a person could easily fall. The article does not state the cause of the fall. Once you rle out murder and suicide that leaves accident. The building codes need to be revised to place some type of screen over the balconies or wire meshing to avoid these type of accidents and raise the height of the balcony railing. These accidents can be prevented. In the West, the owners would be paying out millions for unsafe conditions and negligence.

They put up safety nets:

Foxconn's response has been, fundamentally, to blame the workers. CEO Gou insists that if he were running the factory in his homeland Taiwan, he would not be held responsible for the suicides; only in China is he forced to bear this burden. Now, new hires must sign an anti-suicide pledge, promising that if they kill themselves, the company won't be blamed or pursued for compensation "so that the company's reputation would not be ruined and its operation remains stable." Only after an outcry did the company retract the document.

It put up safety nets instead.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-happened-after-the-foxconn-suicides/

tl201009-foxconn56.jpg

China has jumpers behind the iron curtain. Colleague of mine saw the mess of a female jumper in Shenzen a few months back.

A good freind of mine in Brazil saw the damage a woman can make of a large saloon car when she hit it from 19 floors up. He was less than 20 feet away when she exploded on the roof of the car.

I have pesonally seen what a large American guy looked like after a 13 floor fall in Jomtien. It is not like the movies.....

When I worked in Singapore back in 2004. I lived in a tall serviced appartment and was told by locals to be careful not to walk close to the side of high rise buildings as jumpers could and did kill passers by below. it was best to walk under the building if possible or several meters out on the pathways. This is also applicable to falling flower pots and other objects on balconies. Good advice anywhere there is a tall building.

As already stated, if there is not a high building then the chances of jumpers is diminished.

Cave dwellors, nomadic herders and people in grass / tin huts have limited opportunities for this method.

For the past 11 years in Thailand I have seen many reported incidents and it would appear that the critical height is best above the 5th floor.

Below this level it results in severe trauma injuries.

In Singapore back in the 80's it was quite common for miscreants "escaping" from the police to "jump" from high rise 20+ stories buildings. Somehow they never managed to get away.

I have always been fascinated/amazed by the incredible wartime films of doomed Polish resistance fighters in Warsaw during the uprising and destruction of the city by the Nazi's, jumping from 5th floor+ windows and (at least some of them) picking themselves up and running away, all under tremendous fire from the encircling German troops.

Strong boots, Amazing Courage and makes Sundance and Cassidy look like cowboys!

But it is sad that so many people chose to come to Thailand to end their lives and it is a very horrible for the poor people who have to clean up after; and worse it is terrible how many totally innocent people have been killed by jumpers.

I say "jumpers" or as so many TV anti-Pattaya pundits will have it, "unwilling participants in suicide events".

Talk to the Chinese interpol. Find out if hubby has a gf. If my wife is missing from my room, I...I..I go out to look for her. I do not contact the hotel people who do not know her. The report does not indicate what she was wearing at the time. When a woman decides to commit suicide, the most important thing in her mind is her appearance when she is dead. The act of committing suicide is the act of making a statement (been there done that and <deleted> that up, too.) If she had dressed as she was normally dressed, I don't buy it. If her apparel was unique, she offed herself.