Schools started?

Some private schools have already started. The official first day of school for govt. schools is Monday, May 16, 2016. I think any private schools which are not already open will open on that date.

Mandatory teachers meeting tomorrow, May 13th. Don't want to go because it's in Thai? Too bad, your attendance is not only required, but expected. Classes begin Monday May 16th. Not just saying hello, be prepared to teach the full hour. No books? Take it up with someone who cares.

Schools in my area, Samut Prakarn, are opening Monday 16th but most kindergartens opened this week. There was a tragic case of a 3-year old girl dying after being left in a school van, it's in the Bangkok Post today, it was only her second day of school.

I had a job offer to start Monday but didn't take it. I didn't because I kind of don't like the guy at the particular agency.

Do people still get hired after the start date? I'm hoping that a better offer might come around. Although I do suppose I'm getting sick of teaching in Thailand.

I had some agency interviews last week, but rejected the subsequent offers because I did not like the style of their teaching regime (similar to rote learning), which I would be required to strictly follow. I accepted a direct-hire position with a government school, starting Monday.

Mandatory teachers meeting tomorrow, May 13th. Don't want to go because it's in Thai? Too bad, your attendance is not only required, but expected. Classes begin Monday May 16th. Not just saying hello, be prepared to teach the full hour. No books? Take it up with someone who cares.

It can't be required and expected, either or, not both.

It can't be required and expected, either or, not both.

Your attendance was required by the school, and expected by the new teachers who don't know the real deal. Hope that clears it up for you. I was just saving space. Hope you enjoyed said meeting last Friday, got all your materials including your schedule and class lists.