Yingluck stands trial for rice scheme in Supreme Court

webfact

"She said as now many countries have voiced their concern about human rights and right of free expression in the country, she asked that the military junta allows such free expression of opinions."

Does this have anything to do with her being able to provide her own explanation and documentation in court regarding her failed RPPS ?

No, but she is a human being, and should therefore be free to express her opinion. An opinion I and many others share.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a great idea, but one wonders if she will get a fair trial.

A fair trial in Thailand? You got to be joking with the military now allowed to fire and hire whatever judges they require to reach a predetermined outcome. Fair that nobody is "allowed" to discuss, debate or comment in public on one of the most important national decisions they might ever have to make: A new charter which is "theorically" supposed to lead the country towards more democracy with an "appointed" Senate? Laugh that one off!

Many countries in the world have appointed upper houses, UK,and Ireland for starters.

PTP blocked the election of provisional governors preferring that they appointed them. So much for their democracy.

Those don't have the amount of power that the proposed senate in Thailand will have, next.

Fair or foul - as long as they bring down the Shinawatra clan.

This corrupt family has been a plague on Thailand.

and yet the majority of Thais still prefer them to all of the other alternatives. What does that tell you? Better the devil you know maybe?

That tels me that counting is not your strongest point.

As for devils, who am I to call the Shinawatras devils rolleyes.gif

"She said as now many countries have voiced their concern about human rights and right of free expression in the country, she asked that the military junta allows such free expression of opinions."

Does this have anything to do with her being able to provide her own explanation and documentation in court regarding her failed RPPS ?

No, but she is a human being, and should therefore be free to express her opinion. An opinion I and many others share.

Q: Ms. Yingluck , what about your RPPS case?

A: "As many countries have voiced their concern about human rights and the right of free expression in the country, I want to ask the military junta to allow such free expression of opinions"

Q: well thank you very much Ms. Yingluck, Good luck with explaining the RPPS in court."

. Do you really think so,why be afraid of one family.better the devil you know than the devil you dont.

All the corrupt elite rich families make Thailand what it is a Feudal backward 3rd world nation.

Their wealth could make it better, much better.

and yet the majority of Thais still prefer them to all of the other alternatives. What does that tell you? Better the devil you know maybe?

Actually, Thaksin's second term was a clear cut majority. Yingluck's term with 48.41% is obviously another indicator of the popularity of the Shinawatras amongst the Thai citizens.

I know you don't respect the people in your country of choice, so that's where this remark comes from..

A: "As many countries have voiced their concern about human rights and the right of free expression in the country, I want to ask the military junta to allow such free expression of opinions"

Q: well thank you very much Ms. Yingluck, Good luck with explaining the RPPS in court."

I very much doubt she remarked in the context you are describing. Continue diverting and derailing rubl.

A fair trial in Thailand? You got to be joking with the military now allowed to fire and hire whatever judges they require to reach a predetermined outcome. Fair that nobody is "allowed" to discuss, debate or comment in public on one of the most important national decisions they might ever have to make: A new charter which is "theorically" supposed to lead the country towards more democracy with an "appointed" Senate? Laugh that one off!

Many countries in the world have appointed upper houses, UK,and Ireland for starters.

PTP blocked the election of provisional governors preferring that they appointed them. So much for their democracy.

Canada also has an appointed upper house and doing well.

Making it up rubl?

As you may be aware, defendants are often advised or ordered to not discuss the case in public.

However, other important issues are fair game. And why not?

Actually, Thaksin's second term was a clear cut majority. Yingluck's term with 48.41% is obviously another indicator of the popularity of the Shinawatras amongst the Thai citizens.

I know you don't respect the people in your country of choice, so that's where this remark comes from..

Actually, the topic is Ms Yingluck getting a chance to explain her fabulous self-financing RPPS in court. Both you and Ms. Yingluck are just trying to distract from that.

if the Junta and their employees thought they had a chance of winning an election, why would they not just have one? Instead, they've for all intents and purposes banned any opposition and they're still delaying!

I very much doubt she remarked in the context you are describing. Continue diverting and derailing rubl.

You might have missed that the topic is

"Yingluck stands trial for rice scheme in Supreme Court"

and details what happened when Ms. Yingluck arrived.

"Ms Yingluck arrived at the court amid warm welcomevby her supporters giving her flowers.

She thanked her supporters for their concern about her.

She said as now many countries have voiced their concern about human rights and right of free expression in the country, she asked that the military junta allows such free expression of opinions."

It has been a while. What is the crime (violation of the law) of which Yingluck is charged?

I know everyone likes to throw around "negligence", but that is not likely to be a violation in itself.

Also, the word "loss" is general, not describing the crime, but the overall outcome perhaps.

I'm not looking for armchair opinions on this question. Does someone have a link to a prosecution announcement of specific charges?

Actually, the topic is Ms Yingluck getting a chance to explain her fabulous self-financing RPPS in court. Both you and Ms. Yingluck are just trying to distract from that.

Ms. Yingluck was not speaking in court when she made the remarks you wish to parse.

What was your point again?

if the Junta and their employees thought they had a chance of winning an election, why would they not just have one? Instead, they've for all intents and purposes banned any opposition and they're still delaying!

Anyway, Ms. Yingluck gets the chance to defend herself in court, explain her RPPS, provide all details of her accounting and how self-financing 'of course' should not be taking as literal is she and her handpicked team had been positioning it.

Furthermore democracy had died for her and lots of other non-related details. Being in charge, standing up in parliament as stating "I'm in charge, only I" and some immediately expect you to show responsibility as well. Imagine rolleyes.gif

Ms. Yingluck was not speaking in court when she made the remarks you wish to parse.

yawn.. zzzzz.....

No.. It confirms what we already know... The majority of Thai people are extremely poor and worry about food on the table TODAY... How I'm going to pay for it I will maybe worry about next week...

Few Thai people can comprehend the sum the was stolen by this one individual... So it's irrelevant to them...

And this RPP 500 billion is just another drop in the ocean...

Like them or not... Justice must be seen to be done...

Making it up rubl?

As you may be aware, defendants are often advised or ordered to not discuss the case in public.

However, other important issues are fair game. And why not?

Nice distraction. Anything to avoid Ms. Yingluck be put in a negative light. Democracy died when she was asked to show responsibility for her 'self-financing' scheme.

As usual the defense here ignores the RPPS itself.

The point some seem to like to ignore and distract from.

Ms. Yingluck arrived at court for the continuation of her RPPS process and she uses the opportunity to paint herself again as martyr and implicitly innocent.

Now every time there are topics on Ms. Yinglucks' RPPS case some posters see a need to distracts from her having stated to have been in charge, her having stated regularly her government showed responsibility. It would seem all distractions just emphasise she's guilty and is trying to mobilise forces to help her avoid punishment.

After all, what's a mere 500 ++ billion Baht amongst friends?

No.. It confirms what we already know... The majority of Thai people are extremely poor and worry about food on the table TODAY... How I'm going to pay for it I will maybe worry about next week...

Few Thai people can comprehend the sum the was stolen by this one individual... So it's irrelevant to them...

wow... Could you be more condescending towards the Thais?

wow... Could you be more condescending towards the Thais?

Should the truth be rephrased to be more 'politically correct' ?

Ms. Yingluck arrived at court for the continuation of her RPPS process and she uses the opportunity to paint herself again as martyr and implicitly innocent.

Now every time there are topics on Ms. Yinglucks' RPPS case some posters see a need to distracts from her having stated to have been in charge, her having stated regularly her government showed responsibility. It would seem all distractions just emphasise she's guilty and is trying to mobilise forces to help her avoid punishment.

More than half of the article is about her comments outside court about human rights in Thailand, one of the major issues right now. How is it a distraction to discuss this?

Besides, since the substance of the court proceedings are never reported, it is virtually impossible to discuss the progress of the case.

So, like many of the reporters and others, we are just onlookers, standing outside and not being allowed "inside".

This is not the case with the evolving human rights situation, which includes many events publicly reported, and a running open debate between the government and various critics.

Nobody is suppressing your comments about the court case. Have at it. But I wonder, is there any new information that would actually shed light on that subject?

More than half of the article is about her comments outside court about human rights in Thailand, one of the major issues right now. How is it a distraction to discuss this?

Besides, since the substance of the court proceedings are never reported, it is virtually impossible to discuss the progress of the case.

So, like many of the reporters and others, we are just onlookers, standing outside and not being allowed "inside".

This is not the case with the evolving human rights situation, which includes many events publicly reported, and a running open debate between the government and various critics.

Nobody is suppressing your comments about the court case. Have at it. But I wonder, is there any new information that would actually shed light on that subject?

Absolutely, Ms. Yingluck always answers questions she would have liked others to have asked.

As such she's just playing for time and mercy.

As for the case, no real news till now it would seem. Not even Ms. Yingluck or her team have offered new info to explain why their 'self-financing' scheme was allowed to scam so much.

What majority of Thais would those be?

Obviously you have done a survey of perhaps 1 or 10,000 Thais in all levels of Thai society, in ALL the provinces asking them if they prefer the Shinawatras' or the present government.

Could you please give us the results of that survey and the questions that you asked? I am sure that everyone will accept the results.

Of course if you haven't actually done a recent survey yourself then how do you know that what you say is correct?

If you are using some other survey could you post the links to it please.

Edited by billd766

Don't let the truth, ie an actual survey, get in the way of your BS.

10 May - News

The Democrat Party is more popular than the Pheu Thai Party, according to the latest opinion survey by the Bangkok Poll. Out of 1,014 people polled nationwide, 22% said they support the Democrat Party,...Followed by 19% support for PTP

Edited by Gunna

I am not deflecting, I responded directly to your post. I think you are calling the kettle black here.