Lone robber beaten up following a bungled gold shop holdup

rooster59

Lone robber beaten up following a bungled gold shop holdup

post-247607-0-31728000-1463186113_thumb.

BANG YAI: A lone robber was badly beaten up and caught after his attempt to rob a gold shop at a shopping mall in Bang Yai area failed forcing him to seize a nine-year old girl as a hostage.

According to Bang Yai police, the lone robber whose identity was not known, walked into the gold shop with a knife at about 2.30 pm Friday but his robbery attempt was foiled by security guards.

So the robber grabbed a nine-year old who was strolling at the mall as a hostage as he tried to negotiate a safe exit. However, some of the shoppers then rushed upon him to rescue the girl and then beat him up.

The girl escaped unharmed but the robber was later taken to a hospital in Nonthaburi for medical treatment before he was taken to Bang Bua Thong police station for detention.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/163280

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-14

on Thai news this morning, the robber not paying attention to the crowd behind him as a security guard walked up behind him and smacked him with a truncheon, then the crowd piled in and gave the robber a real pasting. The report mentioned the robber was from Myanmar.

I don't know about all the states but in New York and California, killing a person in the act of an immediate threat to the life of another person is the same as self defense. As he had a knife to the girl, the crowd was acting in self defense, at least until it was clear that he was disarmed. Now, under the Thai libel law, he could possibly sue Jerojero for calling him a scumbag if he could prove it cost him something, like loss of face.

I don't know about all the states but in New York and California, killing a person in the act of an immediate threat to the life of another person is the same as self defense. As he had a knife to the girl, the crowd was acting in self defense, at least until it was clear that he was disarmed. Now, under the Thai libel law, he could possibly sue Jerojero for calling him a scumbag if he could prove it cost him something, like loss of face.

Huh?

Not a day goes by without the police having to deal with foreigners causing trouble in Thailand. The Thais certainly are effective at taking care of foreigners who get out of line. They unite in a heartbeat and are swift, brutal and effective.

I love this instant street justice here and how the police allow it. In a nanny state the rescuers are often charged and legally can be sued.

None of that nonsense in Thailand.

The cops often let victims get a few in at finger pointing press conferences and don't make a fuss. Love it.

on Thai news this morning, the robber not paying attention to the crowd behind him as a security guard walked up behind him and smacked him with a truncheon, then the crowd piled in and gave the robber a real pasting. The report mentioned the robber was from Myanmar.

Hmm, if that's true then that changes things.

The robber is without doubt a contemptible piece of shit. I feel absolutly no sympathy for him.

However beating the crap out if him when he has been disarmed and is no longer a threat is not exactly heroic.

Understandable and to be honest deserved but still...

Edited by Bluespunk

The robber is without doubt a contemptible piece of shit. I feel absolutly no sympathy for him.

However beating the crap out if him when he has been disarmed and is no longer a threat is wrong.

I think that walking into a gold shopnwith a big knife is wrong. Even if he hadn't grabbed a little girl, I believe that he deserved a firm beating, disarmed or not.

However beating the crap out if him when he has been disarmed and is no longer a threat is wrong.

I think that walking into a gold shopnwith a big knife is wrong. Even if he hadn't grabbed a little girl, I believe that he deserved a firm beating, disarmed or not.

Yeah, thought on that a little and reworded. Feels wrong and right at the same time.

Early schizophrenia onset?

Haha .....poetic justice....needs to happen more often worldwide

This is not poetic justice.

It is mob justice and can quickly escalate out of control. The robber had already been hit on the head with a club, and was probably already incapacitated to a large extent. According to the reports this was when the mob ran in.

Once again the attitude of some TV'ers calls into question their moral values. The majority seem to condone mob violence.

For example, we have one calling for murder.

Should have done away with this trash

I wonder what this poster would have done? That post indicates he would have been quite prepared to personally kill the robber, maybe with a kick to the head whilst the guy was on the floor. Or at the very least, standing around cheering the mob.

"kill him, kill him"

Wise men have introduced legal systems and trained law enforcement in all civilised countries. It looks like we unfortunately still have some knuckle-draggers left.

needs to happen more often worldwide

No it doesn't.

"I don't know about all the states but in New York and California, killing a person in the act of an immediate threat to the life of another person is the same as self defense."

Do you know that this happened in Thailand, not one of the US states?

Why do so many American posters seem to think that US law applies here and that any of us have any interest in the irrelevance of what would happen in the US in similar circumstances.

I'M confused, weeks ago a handicap man hacked to death, BRITISH tourist getting a ass kicking and the LOCALS stand-by and watch but rob a GOLD shop they rally. Or, was it about the little girl, but a man with one leg and 68ish tourist are disposable, huh!

POLICE shoot at a pick-up truck but shoot in the air when a human is slaughtered with swords. I GUESS BRINGING A KNIFE TO A GUN FIGHT WORKED THAT TIME.

Shows us where our $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ which helps the country where we are in the pecking order of things here.

The girl escaped unharmed but the robber was later taken to a hospital in Nonthaburi for medical treatment before he was taken to Bang Bua Thong police station for detention.............

...........where the police also beat upon him just for good measure, as he deserved it....

Cheers