Convert AIS pre-paid to monthly plan?

Just wondering why do you want to do that? Is it for the data plan?

I actually did the opposite for their data plan, using prepaid 20Gb 800Mb a month for 417 baht.

In answer to your question, yes you can.

Mainly, yes. Thinking about buying a smartphone to replace my old candy bar phone....from what I've read (and from friends' experiences) voice and data are not treated as distinctly different on pre-paid plans, so your emails and web surfing tend to eat through your baht at a much quicker rate. Postpaid gives voice/text/data for a fixed monthly value, no?

Just wondering why do you want to do that? Is it for the data plan?

I actually did the opposite for their data plan, using prepaid 20Gb 800Mb a month for 417 baht.

In answer to your question, yes you can.

Mainly, yes. Thinking about buying a smartphone to replace my old candy bar phone....from what I've read (and from friends' experiences) voice and data are not treated as distinctly different on pre-paid plans, so your emails and web surfing tend to eat through your baht at a much quicker rate. Postpaid gives voice/text/data for a fixed monthly value, no?

I bought 300 mins voice plan for 99 Baht, don't text much at all these days. Compared to postpaid monthly 14Gb data and 400 mins talk time for more than a 1000 baht, it's a steal as I'm paying less than 600 baht and it includes Super WiFi too, additional data is 19 Baht for 2Gb.

Anyway, it's an individual preference.

I bought 300 mins voice plan for 99 Baht, don't text much at all these days. Compared to postpaid monthly 14Gb data and 400 mins talk time for more than a 1000 baht, it's a steal as I'm paying less than 600 baht and it includes Super WiFi too, additional data is 19 Baht for 2Gb.

Anyway, it's an individual preference.

Excellent, thanks for helping me to understand the options more clearly.

Can a person with an existing AIS 1-2-call (prepaid) SIM card convert to a postpaid monthly plan, while keeping the same phone number?

Yes, very simple to do in any of the larger, full-service AIS shops. But you do need to meet any qualifications/requirements for the contract, and these can vary widely by service provider and shop. In some cases this may require a residency requirement (visa/work permit), and associated credit card.

There are some awesome post-paid deals, including unused monthly data roll-overs, which, depending on your usage/budget, may represent value.

• 2 weeks later...

Stop in a Telewiz shop. They are in most malls. Excellent service. They were able to change my True number to AIS and also signed up my wife to postpaid AIS.

Be aware that calls to 02 numbers, or any fixed lines, do not come out of any bundled minutes you might have, so those charges - along with SMS fees - will be added to your monthly bill.

Given the huge number of pre-paid promotions, including unlimited data (with a cap, after which your data speed is limited but you do not pay any extra), and low-cost calls, it may be easier, simpler to stay with pre-paid.

When you factor in a new phone purchase, there may be some incredible deals which require a 1 year post-paid service contract, and which ultimately may end up saving up to 5,000 baht or more.