Thailand … no longer “For Men Only”

Inspire

Thailand … no longer “For Men Only”

Orlando Barton

post-245411-0-24889700-1463237557_thumb.

Fifteen years ago I never saw female foreigners in Thailand other than backpackers in Chiang Mai. If I’m being honest, I wasn’t really looking for them either.

Like men of all ages from all over the world, I came to Thailand with a preconceived notion about this being a country with a lot to offer men. For sure the idea of an entire country full of beautiful Asian women and a reverence for those of us who had achieved a certain vintage was, at the very least, intriguing.

And when I got here it seemed that my vision was fairly accurate. Thailand is an entire country full of beautiful women. Thais in general respect the age and wisdom of older people. The lifestyle here is free and easy. I expected all that. But, what surprised me most was the total absence of foreign women.

I found myself gawking like a Thai person if I saw a foreign woman on the Skytrain. If I was in a public place my ears would automatically focus on a conversation between two foreign women; their voices cutting through all the noise. Even in Bangkok, white women were a rare sight.

In the past ten years, things have changed drastically. I’ve met a multitude of foreign women both working and retiring in Thailand. In Koh Phangan I met an English lady who is a silversmith with her own jewelry shop. I know an American woman who built her own bakery in the countryside near Chiang Rai. In Pattaya we have a young Scottish girl who is a TV personality. And Western couples are flocking to Chiang Mai for the good weather, easy living and affordable retirement. Foreign women are now nearly as commonplace as foreign men.

Full story: http://www.inspirepattaya.com/lifestyle/men/

inspire-pattaya1.jpg
-- Inspire Pattaya 2016-05-14

Yes I can imagine if your a washed up old sex tourist that in your deluded mind the whole of Thailand used to be for men only. Orlando your a plonker and an oxygen thief.

The tabloids, now painfully aware of how overdone and stale the foreign male sex tourist angle has become, have breathed new life into the source of one of their papers key income streams and reasons for high circulation numbers. Expect The Sun, Star, Mirror, Mail and Express to announce soon that Thailand is to replace Lesbos in Greek mythology - when asked by other members of the knitting circle and bake club, where they went for holiday this year, a reply of Thailand was met with nod, nod, wink, wink, "went for the beaches and the food, of course you did dear"!

since this is about generalities, I offer another one: over the last 10 years Thai women have perceptively gained weight... you will still find beautiful Asian women here, but you have to search more.

Just happened to catch part of a Thai show my wife was watching where they quoted the average weight of a Thai female these days as being 57 kilos. My wife is very underweight or below average.biggrin.png

Every Sunday this blokes writes complete rubbish. It is getting worse.

I first came to Thailand in 1978 with my mum, dad and brother and other families. The resorts we stayed in were full of other families.

There were hookers back then, but there was also heaps of other stuff. Much like now. Plenty of western women travelled to Thailand back then, and they always have. Mum is coming again next month, but you won't see her down in Soi 6,7 or 8 or Patong.

Sounds to me the "writer" came as a sex tourist, stayed in a cheap hotels in sex tourist areas ( quite likely short time rooms) and pretty much only did the sex tourist things and only spoke to other sex tourists. Then he wonders why he never saw any western women hanging out in brothels. He has a very narrow knowledge and no idea of the bigger picture.

First time here in 2001 by the sounds of it, but likes to talk about the past, not from any personal experience, but from what he has heard in the bars from other sex tourists. He didn't experience it first hand, because he wasn't here.

What a plonker.

What drivel will this "expert" come up with next week.

since this is about generalities, I offer another one: over the last 10 years Thai women have perceptively gained weight... you will still find beautiful Asian women here, but you have to search more.

generalities not withstanding, by and Large women are getting larger everywhere

Thailand never was "For Men Only" rather the overwhelming percent of visitors were men.

Amongst all the men that came here they like to talk about that particular aspect of Thailand that was and still is and will remain so a great place to womanize, at leisure.

30 years ago if you entered any upscale hotel you would see plenty of foreigner woman ( as in 98 % of them being Caucasian ) who were there with their husbands and or families while a percent of them could be alone and traveling on their own.

Here we are 20 to 30 years later and Thailand is all the more of a popular destination and attracts all the more people from all the more nations and that would include all the more women who love to travel also.....

However, they do not come here to see and or pursue the Thai women rather come here for any number of other reasons.

Although, when they do arrive here and observe all the Thai Women, most of them will admit they understand why men are attracted to Thai women.

The OP is thinking like a man, obviously, while his reasoning is based on male thinking and a male perspective.

We are talking mostly about a "Visual" perspective....as the average male foreigner on vacation or living here exists amongst a sea of Asian faces while it is the female Asian face ( and their bodies and their sexuality ) that intrigues them and a large part of why so many foreign men come here and or come back here and or stay here....but far from the only reason.

That being the case then a woman or women being of non Thai origins and specifically white skinned Caucasian women more or less stands out and obvious amongst all the Thai women while a large percent of the non Thai women are coming from Japan and Korea and China of course and the Philippines and Indonesia and Malaysia while we also see more Indian and Middle Eastern women than ever before....plus more African women seen than ever before....but not so many South American and or Latino women.

Something to be noted and usually not discussed his how all those foreign women of non Thai origins are far more approachable and friendly than most men would believe as they are on vacation and they are also here because they have the desire to travel and seek adventure and meeting new people is all part of the excitement and anticipated thrills to be encountered....while romance is on their minds also.

So, being befriended by another foreigner is not something they generally shy away from.

Many times..(as in many) I have easily struck up a conversation by simply asking : "Where do you girls come from or which country do you come from".... while I have Never, as in never, been ignored....but undoubtedly some of them are reluctant to speak openly to a complete stranger as women everywhere in the world are always cautious when a strange man approaches them and starts to engage them in conversation while the circumstances under which you befriend them is a factor.

Most foreigner guys traveling here and or living here more or less develop a somewhat bad attitude about those foreigner girls because as men they are or have grown lazy, you could say, when it comes to pursuing and meeting girls and or having sexual relationships with girls here in Thailand which is almost too easy and too convenient and always available and so widespread everywhere you go.....and you know what I mean.....so don't feign innocence...lol

So, the average foreigner guy is looking at those "White Women" and thinking: Who needs them...Go way...You remind me of why I came to Asia to get away from: "That Type of Woman" ....and everything you represent.

But, the truth be told, a large percent of them are nothing like you perceive and they would be great companions and more than likely knock your socks off in bed....but...... you ignore them because your attitude towards them is all wrong, as in Wrong, and commonly small minded and or bitter thinking on your part.

Believe me ..most of them are here to party and seek adventure also and I can assure you they are not so much attracted to Asian men as they are to foreigner men...... so..... ignore them if you want but consider them also if you get bored with Thai women....lol

Yeah..I know ..many of them are not as attractive as all too many Thai women can be....but still, there are plenty of the foreigner girls coming here that are more than appealing and worthy of your attentions.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

you need to"Get an eye exam". or go someplace other then Pat Pong Road.

There once was an American living in Pattaya posing as a lawyer and had a local newspaper where the guy claimed to have the solution for the oil spill in the gulf of Mexico and had found a cure for aids.....

Anything coming from those English language rags from the resorts is a load of ...........

There once was an American living in Pattaya posing as a lawyer and had a local newspaper where the guy claimed to have the solution for the oil spill in the gulf of Mexico and had found a cure for aids.....

Anything coming from those English language rags from the resorts is a load of ...........

If you do a bit of background checking you might find that the OP actually did start his writing career at one of those Englsh language rags in Pattaya.

I can see from the responses on this thread that most people can see he simply doesn't have a clue.

Samui in the 90's was a great place to pick up foreign (drunk) tourist girls, as was neighboring Koh Phangan. At the now closed Charlie's Huts on Chaweng it was common for European girls to get around topless all day, not just around the pool, but even eating in the restaurants. The rooms were crap, but we went back year after year for the "ambience". The main road through Chaweng was still a dirt rod then and two way.

There were no beer/hooker bars whatsoever in KoPhangan back then. Samui had a few, but not like it is now.

Large groups of western women everywhere.

But the OP never saw any of that because he wasn't here. It doesn't stop him from making up what it was like here "back in the day" though and sharing his thoughts on what he imagines it must have been like.

Fairy tales and make believe.

What will it be next Sunday?

The foreign men aren't getting any lighter from what I've seen.

Gosh! So many people are sooo bitter! The guy writes what he feels and is slagged for it! I'm sure if half the writers on this topic only drank a half of what they usually do they'd wake up feeling much better about the world!! smile.pngthumbsup.gifwai.gif

"Even in Bangkok, white women were a rare sight.

In the past ten years, things have changed drastically..."

The author's premise is 100% false.

I was on Khaosan road in 2001. There were lots of white, European women. There were even foreign white women in the Ping pong show.

What an idiot, 555

Edited by SiSePuede419

generalities not withstanding, by and Large women are getting larger everywhere

not enough satisfying sex . the 3 minute clock is getting way to boring . heck..... a ice creme bar in Thailand lasts at least 6 minutes ..

A

A Scottish T.V. Personality ??? That must be Mary Doll.....

..I met a couple.years ago..he used to come alone to Pattaya for his own enjoyment..wifey decided one year to accompany him and went to a bar where she met and fell in love with a pole dancer..she ended up buying land and built a lovely home for 'him'.smile.png

Thailand never was "For Men Only" rather the overwhelming percent of visitors were men.

Amongst all the men that came here they like to talk about that particular aspect of Thailand that was and still is and will remain so a great place to womanize, at leisure.

30 years ago if you entered any upscale hotel you would see plenty of foreigner woman ( as in 98 % of them being Caucasian ) who were there with their husbands and or families while a percent of them could be alone and traveling on their own.

Here we are 20 to 30 years later and Thailand is all the more of a popular destination and attracts all the more people from all the more nations and that would include all the more women who love to travel also.....

However, they do not come here to see and or pursue the Thai women rather come here for any number of other reasons.

Although, when they do arrive here and observe all the Thai Women, most of them will admit they understand why men are attracted to Thai women.

The OP is thinking like a man, obviously, while his reasoning is based on male thinking and a male perspective.

We are talking mostly about a "Visual" perspective....as the average male foreigner on vacation or living here exists amongst a sea of Asian faces while it is the female Asian face ( and their bodies and their sexuality ) that intrigues them and a large part of why so many foreign men come here and or come back here and or stay here....but far from the only reason.

That being the case then a woman or women being of non Thai origins and specifically white skinned Caucasian women more or less stands out and obvious amongst all the Thai women while a large percent of the non Thai women are coming from Japan and Korea and China of course and the Philippines and Indonesia and Malaysia while we also see more Indian and Middle Eastern women than ever before....plus more African women seen than ever before....but not so many South American and or Latino women.

Something to be noted and usually not discussed his how all those foreign women of non Thai origins are far more approachable and friendly than most men would believe as they are on vacation and they are also here because they have the desire to travel and seek adventure and meeting new people is all part of the excitement and anticipated thrills to be encountered....while romance is on their minds also.

So, being befriended by another foreigner is not something they generally shy away from.

Many times..(as in many) I have easily struck up a conversation by simply asking : "Where do you girls come from or which country do you come from".... while I have Never, as in never, been ignored....but undoubtedly some of them are reluctant to speak openly to a complete stranger as women everywhere in the world are always cautious when a strange man approaches them and starts to engage them in conversation while the circumstances under which you befriend them is a factor.

Most foreigner guys traveling here and or living here more or less develop a somewhat bad attitude about those foreigner girls because as men they are or have grown lazy, you could say, when it comes to pursuing and meeting girls and or having sexual relationships with girls here in Thailand which is almost too easy and too convenient and always available and so widespread everywhere you go.....and you know what I mean.....so don't feign innocence...lol

So, the average foreigner guy is looking at those "White Women" and thinking: Who needs them...Go way...You remind me of why I came to Asia to get away from: "That Type of Woman" ....and everything you represent.

But, the truth be told, a large percent of them are nothing like you perceive and they would be great companions and more than likely knock your socks off in bed....but...... you ignore them because your attitude towards them is all wrong, as in Wrong, and commonly small minded and or bitter thinking on your part.

Believe me ..most of them are here to party and seek adventure also and I can assure you they are not so much attracted to Asian men as they are to foreigner men...... so..... ignore them if you want but consider them also if you get bored with Thai women....lol

Yeah..I know ..many of them are not as attractive as all too many Thai women can be....but still, there are plenty of the foreigner girls coming here that are more than appealing and worthy of your attentions.

Cheers

Good post, but as my dick simply dosnt respond to the typical western girl in los ill continue ignoring them and going with the local girls