Ukraine's Jamala wins 2016 Eurovision Song Contest

rooster59

How did Australia get into the Eurovision song contest anyway? complete farce that lost what little appeal it had a couple of decades back

Australia was in last year to celebrate the contest's 60th anniversary, and Australia's cultural and historic links to Europe.

Cultural links including a South Korean singer? :)

Jamala'$ song about poor Crimean tatars expoited by evil Russian occupants is a pure Ukrainian nazist propaganda. The song is pure BS and has clear political podtext to lick Europe's ass as shiny as possible. Eurovision should be demonstrated on special pay channels for adult male auditory

I'm sure you're not the only Putin boot-licker to get her panties in a bunch. Too bad Russia miscalculated and thought that their RT and troll propaganda machine would help them garner enough votes for the modern day fascist regime most like Hitler's (without the economic or military might).

BTW - even the Russian singer is against Putin's annexation of Crimea. During an interview on national TV he said "Crimea is Ukraine"...and that probably helped him get top votes from Ukraine and other countries.

I suppose a lot of people are going to look at the history now.

Ignoring wiki and RT, here's a start:

Such emphasis on word "regime" and counting loss...

and almost nothing considering prime cause.

Such things are not OK:

j18vslt.jpg

<snip>

You can read more about Crimean Tatar collaboration with Nazis here:

<snip>

Plenty enough sources and references. Research on this could give you more objective view on why both sides shows it differently. Nobody likes inside enemies.

Also, you can look at speech from nowadays current Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People.

It's funny how their inciting to military solution of Crimean question (while everybody else trying to do that peacefully), or recent destruction of Crimean power lines, or their ultra nationalistic views are being ignored. Yeah, poor Crimean Tatars. Don't act this way, so nobody would consider deporting/ban you. There's always some cause before consequence.

Edited by Jai Dee
Links in Russian language removed as per Forum Rules

Hi there, Alex.

I thought the links I provided did fairly address the accusation of Nazi collaboration.

It's also true there are still fascist forces in Ukraine today.

In any case, it was a really good performance and it's nice for Ukraine to get to host Eurovision next year. I think many more people will look at the historical issues from both sides and come to their own conclusions, and that's fine.

Edited by Jingthing

And then we have the case of Armenia when in 2015 Eurovision song contest they were forced to change their song title because it was deemed to be "too political" for the neighbouring Turks.

The contest has become a bloody political tool.