Best way to bypass True's Cache Servers

wprime

I'm a developer and True's aggressive caching disobeys numerous caching protocols and even incorrectly re-directs data.

E.g. if data is bound for 1.1.1.1 with the HTTP Host Header of abc.com, True's cache server sometimes obtains a copy from abc.com and sends that without even connecting to 1.1.1.1. This can occur even with a cache-control: no-cache being sent from the server side.

If this contained secure information (okay that shouldn't be sent via a HTTP GET request), this information will be compromised.

So how do people bypass it? Does True allow customers to "opt out"?

Anyone have any reliable proxies to recommend?

Here is current VPN to Singapore using PIA on True 30/3 service

5326692933.png

Appears that's a skewed reading based on the fast ping time...probably representing the ping time between the VPN server in Singapore and the Speedtest.net server in Singapore versus the ping time between your location in Thailand and Singapore. Even the distance shown reflects less than 50 miles. This also means the download speed results could be skewed, probably to the high side.

Yes that was from PIA to Singapore Speedtest site as example of VPN not causing much reduction from full speed when used.

My current test without VPN to Batam shows slower circuit but that is normal at this hour of evening.

5327019308.png

But same test to Singapore still shows full speed - so original speed obtained from PIA is what I would receive using VPN.

5327029641.png

Here is current VPN to Singapore using PIA on True 30/3 service

5326692933.png

Appears that's a skewed reading based on the fast ping time...probably representing the ping time between the VPN server in Singapore and the Speedtest.net server in Singapore versus the ping time between your location in Thailand and Singapore. Even the distance shown reflects less than 50 miles. This also means the download speed results could be skewed, probably to the high side.

Thailand - singapore ping could be 30-40 ms, it is normal. I remember having like 40ms from Bangkok to Singapore.

When you're connected to singapore, in a traceroute, singapore hop would be your 2nd or 3rd hop and it'll start with 30-40 ms instead of 1ms local network.

Archived