Hotels in Kalasin

Chang_paarp

I'm planning a trip to the wilds of Kalasin. Last time I went I left the accommodation arrangements to my friend. She booked us into a local "motel" near her village. It was not exactly a member of the Hilton chain, and the owner decided I had to pay 50% farang surcharge for his dive. Not keen on returning there.

So does anyone have any recommendations, or even some names of hotels in downtown Kalasin? For some reason this megatropolous does not come up on the usual accommodation search engines. Even TAT seems to have forgotten it as a tourist hot spot.

A simple Google Search for "Hotels Kalasin" will bring up a lot of possibilities... Some of the newer smaller places are the Dino Studio, TK Residence, Q-Biz Hotel, and the :OLD" standby the Rim Pao.... Rim Pao is an old 3 Star hotel trying to be a 4 star, but still more than decent...

pianoman

I have stopped in kalasin very recently and can confirm the following:

Centre of the city - IE 250 metres from bus station:

Phaiboon hotel - cost 600 baht per night room only very safe fairly clean good sized car park no safe but very safe. Staff not helpful but friendly very little english speaking. A/C and Internet pretty good.

Supak hotel - never stayed but I checked them out on agoda rooms were fan only aprox 300 baht a night has a lovely cafe and they serve a small but well cooked ametican/english breakfast which was very very surprising and about 129 baht. Includes: toast jam bacon eggs tomato and a chicken sausage which was tasty compared to most chicken sausages.

Rimpao hotel - the Hilton of kalasin some might say? Aprox 1050 per night but that was via agoda maybe more for walking. IMHO it's a bit away from rest of city but a nice park close by.

Dino home stay - looks nice it's in city that's all I know.

Thanks everyone for the input. I was hoping for some real feedback.

I did find the Agoda and other information after saying it was not there (should have checked again before making a rash statement). Last time I looked I had no success, so this was an improvement. Some of the TripAdvisor and Agoda reviews are interesting if not downright amusing. Some very different experiences at the same place, nothing unusual given different people's expectations.

Nightlife - looks pretty lame but 1 good spot great live music venue right next to bus station.

Relaxed ambient park side restaurant - frozen; it's in the park which is next to bus station good bands relaxed seems always a lot of clients get there early I think to get good table.

Farang food. Kfc deliver in city only and orders need to be made before 10. Check your order before paying. There fast at delivery.

This joint Supak hotel/cafe again in centre shuts at 5pm I believe but a lovely breakfast not big but tasty and low cost 129 thb.

Kebab garden - right by chalong boutique hotel maybe 100 metres away. Good refreshing food a Lebanese style cuisine nice garden low cost it's a nice change from thai grub. Not in city but only 10 mins away by car. Cost if a samlor/tuk tuk from city. No more than 120 thb for 2 persons maybe 100.

Archived