TAT launches campaign to boost domestic tourism

webfact

TAT launches campaign to boost domestic tourism

BAGNKOK, 16 May 2016 (NNT) – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has launched a special campaign for women in order to boost domestic tourism.

Sujitra Jongchansitto, the deputy governor for domestic marketing of the TAT, chaired the launch of a campaign called “Wan Ying Yai, Khe Kai Mai Muan Krai” at Central World.

She said it's hoped the campaign will trigger domestic tourism by encouraging women with purchasing power to spend their money on travel.

The campaign makes special offers to women who like to shop, travel, and indulge themselves with spa and beauty services.

The TAT is also using this campaign to promote tourist destinations in Thailand.

The tourism industry has been a significant contributor to the Thai economy. It has played an increasingly important role in the country’s long term economic development and the influx of foreign money has helped to pay for much-needed developments throughout the country.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-05-16 footer_n.gif

What would we all do without the glorious TAT and their ever "amazing" campaigns???

What they gonna do now to "boost domestic tourism"? Gang beatings in groups of three to four with a foreigner as their victim? Perhaps pay for one "Farang" and beat up two??? Or "Eight against one - that's some fun!!!" weekly specials???

Most Thai women only have 'purchasing power' to buy essentials with and the majority of families are in debt, this is arrant stupidity, or does this just apply to the 0.5% that have over 50% of the wealth in this country?

Most Thai women only have 'purchasing power' to buy essentials with and the majority of families are in debt, this is arrant stupidity, or does this just apply to the 0.5% that have over 50% of the wealth in this country?

the banks need to get onboard this campaign and start a special offer for making it easier for woman to get credit cards, especially those with limited income. this should allow them some access to money for traveling and health spas. TAT could even get a percentage kick back for all the money the banks can make off the interest repayments from the credit cards. actually i sort of feel i am owed some commission for my innovative thinking.

In a stagnant economy, with high personal debt, the emphasis should be on promoting foreign visitor tourism. This domestic component is a sort of zero-sum game, or worse. It diverts discretionary spending from high value to low value, and it likely increases personal debt.

Perhaps there needs to be a separate division of TAT just for these efforts, with a title that is more honest, so people are not confusing it with tourism:

The Shopping on Credit Promotion Bureau

Only for the cobkarneeresses.

It is about cronyism, why else would national ministry executives be involved in local domestic tourism? National ministries' job is to create inbound arrivals in order to generate incremental revenues for the nation's GDP. Destinations' job is to compete for the inbound arrivals and campaign for domestic travel.

Just put me in charge! :-)

I would:

- reduce the TAT budget by 90%

- repurpose the funds to a new "cleanup" initiative, specifically,

Cleanup the sidewalks

Cleanup the shorelines

Cleanup the roadsides

Guaranteed results in 6 months.

Seriously, Thailand is a declining asset that needs basic maintenance. Both citizens and visitors will benefit.

You can thank me later. ;-)

I would:

Cleanup the sidewalks

Cleanup the shorelines

Cleanup the roadsides

Seriously, Thailand is a declining asset that needs basic maintenance. Both citizens and visitors will benefit.

But but.. Thailand never colonized. Thailand know best. Thailand hub of all sorts of hot-air campaigns... Farang no understand.

They will have to start putting up taxes soon, mark my words. They would make a fortune in revenue if they could tax the income from prostitution of course tongue.png

I see the government is now claiming credit for the higher than expected economic growth so far this year. Fuelled by government spending. For which they don't have the money. What they do have is a 500bn baht tax shortfall so far this year.

I think I got that right.

Must be an evolution on the 'sufficiency 'theory'" I suppose. About as effective a going up in a plane and throwing salt out of the window in the hope it'll make it rain. Mind you, it did rain here today, a week after they sent the planes up and 500km away. Must mean something.

You couldn't make this stuff up...

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

I would:

Cleanup the sidewalks

Cleanup the shorelines

Cleanup the roadsides

But but.. Thailand never colonized. Thailand know best. Thailand hub of all sorts of hot-air campaigns... Farang no understand.

To PDL, there ya go. All clear now?

Erm. I suppose getting your ass kicked repeatedly by the Burmese doesn't count as colonisation? No. Nor inviting the Japanese army to take whatever and whoever they want because Thailand only had 31 rifles and 2 old jeeps to fight them with. Being saturated by Chinese for 300 years might though...

Falang no unnerstand? I think falang unnerstand pretty good.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

"The campaign makes special offers to women who like to shop, travel, and indulge themselves with spa and beauty services."

Ahh, well that takes care of the bimbos. Now who's left?

"The campaign makes special offers to women who like to shop, travel, and indulge themselves with spa and beauty services."

Ahh, well that takes care of the bimbos. Now who's left?

Suh-pa. Suh-pa. Having your nails clipped for 120thb and your hair cut for 140thb... clap2.gif

What would we all do without the glorious TAT and their ever "amazing" campaigns???

What they gonna do now to "boost domestic tourism"? Gang beatings in groups of three to four with a foreigner as their victim? Perhaps pay for one "Farang" and beat up two??? Or "Eight against one - that's some fun!!!" weekly specials???

Another comment of expats who live in LOS, without ever arrived there mentally.

How frustrated must be someone to write such a comment about his host country.

THAILAND BASHING FROM THE WORST!

T.A.T seems to be trying anything they can to keep the Thailand

economy from folding up. They have worn out a few of the phrases like Amazing Thailand,

and Thailand, Land of Smiles, etc. I know it is a hard job to try and keep tourists

coming to Thailand for vacations.

My peeve is, the inflated Thailand Baht that does not fall when the American dollar does,

and makes it more expensive for all of us tourists and travellers, from the USA, Canada

Australia, NZ, and Europe and other countries. Maybe the T.A.T can talk with the

finance people and get them to be more realistic.

Just my thoughts.

Geezer