TAT promotes new tourism route between Thailand and Cambodia

webfact

TAT promotes new tourism route between Thailand and Cambodia

BANGKOK, 16 May 2016 (NNT) - The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) gave a warm welcome to European and Middle Eastern members of the press, in the hopes of promoting a tourism route between Thailand and Cambodia.

The TAT Executive Director of Europe, Africa and the Middle East, Tanes Petsuwan, welcomed foreign journalists from Europe and the Middle East to a banquet which was held to promote a trip between the two countries.

It was organized under the theme ‘Mega Joint Familiarization Trip between Thailand and Cambodia’. It is also part of the AEC-ASEAN Connectivity project.

The TAT executive added that the scheme will draw travelers to multi-destination tour packages. It will also promote better tourism relations between Thailand and its neighboring countries.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-05-16 footer_n.gif

Perhaps a bit self-destructive? Lead tourist out of the Kingdom?

Compare Thai destinations with Siem Reap/Angkor sites. Thailand will be in strong contrast to Cambodia. Far as littering, prices and hospitality, scams and corruption towards tourists are concerned Cambodia is much more clean.

The combined trips will draw extra tourists I am sure. In the longer run it may cost Thailand as it is still going downhill on price-quality.

Compare Thai destinations with Siem Reap/Angkor sites. Thailand will be in strong contrast to Cambodia. Far as littering, prices and hospitality, scams and corruption towards tourists are concerned Cambodia is much more clean.

Feel the same way. Spent months at a time in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Sihanoukville and had fewer touts trying to rip you off.

Feel the same way. Spent months at a time in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Sihanoukville and had fewer touts trying to rip you off.

You guys most be joking, right? It's not called Scambodia for nothing and the comment about littering baffles me. Cambodians literally live in their own trash. Have you ever been to a Cambodian market? Everything gets just tossed on the ground/into the river but contrary to Thailand, nobody seems to clean it up there. I was highly disgusted driving through the countryside... how can people be such pigs and be oblivious to all the trash around them? It's not like they are very busy with other things? Sitting in packs of 10 on the patio for 16 hours a day but can't spare 30 minutes for getting rid of all the trash they sit in bah.gif

But I agree that a Cambodian smile often seems more genuine even though the people often come across as a bit helpless/sad.

what about bashing, how does cambodia measure up on the bashing promotion lists? on the condo diving promotion lists?

Well besides all the missing limbs and land mines and houses built on stilts over waterways with holes in floors so one can take a dump into waterways. Lets face it most of us bitch at the corruption here yet we remain why? cause we find comfort in the knowing if it sounds to good it is because it is. Once you understand the rules you can play the game. I pick and choose who I wish to befriend here as well as where I'm from. Only difference between Cambodia and Thailand is you can buy and own land in Cambodia and gamble legally. coffee1.gif next. ​