Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Going down with West Ham ;)

Deserve it after that performance. :D

Come on now, I don't think we deserved to lose and it was a great match for the neutral but the draw was a fair result for both teams, Villa put out a strong team with some good players. It was good to see the team spirit still strong in the camp when we scored the third. We have Wolves next so fully expecting all three points.....IF we lose that one then I will really start to worry!

Come on now, I don't think we deserved to lose and it was a great match for the neutral but the draw was a fair result for both teams, Villa put out a strong team with some good players. It was good to see the team spirit still strong in the camp when we scored the third. We have Wolves next so fully expecting all three points.....IF we lose that one then I will really start to worry!

Fair enough....I just can't believe you're fifth and the title race is so wide open.....its crazy is this....but I'm loving every bit of it....so far anyway. :D

I reckon Seapok is sulking cos none of the Arse have been in to poke fun at him yet......the sound of silence as usual. :coffee1:

careful what you wish for harry, you could be settin yoursel up for a very big fall :)

Shhhhhh...;)

Pffft...if we finish fourth I'll be grinning until August....if we finish fifth I'll be upset....no real worries there lads! B)

careful what you wish for harry, you could be settin yoursel up for a very big fall :)

Shhhhhh...;)

Pffft...if we finish fourth I'll be grinning until August....if we finish fifth I'll be upset....no real worries there lads! B)

You'll be upset then..

As you were saying about Wolves ? ( fair play to Terry though, gracious in defeat )

As you were saying about Wolves ? ( fair play to Terry though, gracious in defeat )

Yeah I was saying I would worry if we lose.....we did and I am worried, I just hope they keep faith in Carlo, I think if we drop out of the top 4, dont win the FA Cup or Champions League at the end of the season then fair enough sack the manager, time for Roman to dig deep as the kids we have are not ready for the big time just yet.

[

I think if we drop out of the top 4, dont win the FA Cup or Champions League at the end of the season then ..................

I would have a fcukign big party even though we got relegated...:D

I'll even buy the first round! :lol:

No, there'll be a sign on the Door for your type Smokie, without a doubt...;)

You know I hate to disappoint boys! :rolleyes:

Chelsea 7 - 0 Ipswich

Carlo Ancelotti is refusing to believe Chelsea have turned a corner despite his side beating Ipswich 7-0 in the FA Cup.

Chelsea found it tough during the opening half hour before finally breaking the deadlock and opening the floodgates.

The Blues boss was well aware that it was a mangerless Ipswich who arrived at Stamford Bridge for their first game since the departure of manager Roy Keane.

Despite being very happy to see a return to scoring form for his men, the Italian insists that the result does not mean Chelsea have returned to top form.

"We needed to have this kind of performance," said Ancelotti.

"The result was good and we did a lot of things well in this game with the performance of the team and the strikers scoring again.

"We don't have to be excited. But, obviously, with this victory, our confidence will improve. We have to wait to say everything is okay.

"There were differences in the first 30 minutes of this game and the other 60.

"We were a bit worried, less confident in that first period. When we scored the first goal, everything was okay.

"But we have to play more games to say the bad moment has gone."

One man Ancelotti singled out for praise was young striker Daniel Sturridge after scoring in each half.

Fresh from scoring five times for the reserves on Thursday, the 21-year-old took his opportunities well in a rare start for the league champions.

"He deserved to play. He played well, scored, is a good player and a good striker. Very dangerous," added Ancelotti.

"In the future, he'll have opportunities. We have a lot of games in this period coming up.

"I think he has to fight with the other strikers, but everyone has to fight. There are a lot of players in competition up front."

Lampard wants more quality

Frank Lampard has pointed to a "lack of quality" as being one of the key reasons why Chelsea have struggled in the Premier League in recent weeks.

The England midfielder, whose two goals helped Chelsea to a thumping 7-0 victory over Championship outfit Ipswich in the FA Cup third round, is now looking for the team to turn around their fortunes in the league.

They have won just once in their last nine league outings which has seen the club slump to fifth in the table and Lampard, when asked about that run of poor form, said: "There are quite a few reasons for that, a lack of confidence being one of them.

"But there has also been a lack of quality and workrate. We need to step it up across the board to get back to where we want to be.

"Everyone at Chelsea understands we're not expected to have the run of results we've had. We have high standards and the results we've had in the past two months is not the level we expect.

"The league games we have coming up are very important and we need to take the spirit and energy we showed against Ipswich, which has maybe been lacking before, into the next few matches."

One of the significant factors behind Chelsea's struggles has been the absence of the influential Lampard due to a hernia and groin problem for the best part of four months.

The injury was at first thought to be minor but with the benefit of hindsight Lampard admits he should have been more patient during his rehabilitation.

"It (the injury) was not misdiagnosed," he admitted. "It was probably a little bit my fault. It is always easy with hindsight but now I would have had a lot more rest when I first did the injury.

"I was trying to push to be fit for games when I should have waited for my body to naturally heal. When you think you are going to be back every week and people keep asking you that, and then you're not, it becomes even more frustrating.

"Some of the weeks, particularly in the middle of it, I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel."

Looks like Team Terry >> Team Bridge may take on a whole new set of rules soon aye ?? ;)

What do you mean by that? cos Bridgey is joining the 'ammers on loan? not a very ambitious move from him though is it, fighting to get into a team that could win the league or be in a team that will certainly be going down! :whistling:

Looks like Team Terry >> Team Bridge may take on a whole new set of rules soon aye ?? ;)

What do you mean by that? cos Bridgey is joining the 'ammers on loan? not a very ambitious move from him though is it, fighting to get into a team that could win the league or be in a team that will certainly be going down! :whistling:

My mistake for attempting to goad some humour out of you, sorry..

Haha why are you being so sensitive fatboy singh? I know you was trying to have a laugh to which I retorted and wind you up with my idea of "banter" that you despise so much! :rolleyes:

which I retorted and wind you up with my idea of "banter"

:unsure:

My mistake again, i was always unde rthe impression that banter was meant to be humorous, sorry.

Yeah thats just my crazy sense of humour.....how are you anyway son? missed me?

The way this is going, i'd say more of the creepy than the crazy. Perhaps a blend. biggrin.gif

With on this Rix. i had some mild abuse to add to this thread, but this whole Seapox/singher thing is way too fruity to get involved in :unsure::o

Edited by carmine

Pink thong singher? :bah: now if you said yellow that would of been better! :D

Terry in title warning

Chelsea captain John Terry has conceded that their title dream is slipping away.

The defending Premier League champions are currently in their worst run of form for 15 years, with just one win in their last nine league games.

They have plummeted down the league from top to fifth, and are now some nine points behind leaders Manchester United - who also have a game in hand.

And Terry admits Chelsea's chances of defending their crown come May are looking less and less likely.

"Our recent performances have not been good enough, we're not playing at the level we can and we're slipping further behind the leaders with every point we drop," he is quoted by the Daily Star.

"That's unacceptable for a club like this, where we expect to win every game, and now we have to start to put things right.

"This squad should be challenging at the top of the league, winning games and pushing hard in every competition.

"That remains our aim, even if we have gone off course recently. But, before we start thinking about silverware, we have to concentrate on starting to win games again."