Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

I haven't noticed any Chelsea threads here so I thought I would start my own, all Chelsea boys and girls please post anything you want, would be good to hear other genuine true blue supporters opinions and stories.

Lets forget all the one sided slagging off we are getting from the media and other jealous supporters and just stick together.

Come on the BLUES!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terry retains place in FIFPro award team

Tuesday, Nov 07, 2006

For the second year running, John Terry has been voted into a World XI by players across the globe.

It is the second season that FIFPro, the worldwide players’ union, has organised a set of awards with over 43,000 professionals invited to cast votes.

Terry is the one English player to make the team of the year that features four players from World Cup winners Italy.

He is joined in defence by Fabio Cannavaro and Gianluca Zambrotta, plus Lilian Thuram. Gianluigi Buffon is the goalkeeper.

A fashionable three-man attack has been chosen, containing Samuel Eto’o, Thierry Henry and Ronaldinho who has won the individual FIFPro World Player of the Year award for a second time.

The midfield consists of Milan pair Andrea Pirlo and Kaka, plus retired Zinedine Zidane.

Terry joins Zidane, Ronaldinho and Eto’o as the four players to have made the team both years.

he is most definately being sarcastic! :o

nice to see there is a thread for the champions at last, good work

I agree good effort that man.

Couple of big games before xmas coming up. CFC v Man Utd 26 Nov and v Arsenal 10 Dec.

We have got to get 6 points from these 2 games.

I just want to add we have got to start killing games off as true champions and not sit back on a 1-0 and hope we get the points in the bag. M/Boro & Spurs are classic examples.

Good luck with the thread !

:o

Cheers, are you a fellow Chelsea fan or are you being sarcastic?

Neither , I'm the Football forum moderator and was merely wishing you Good Luck.

It's about time there was a Chelsea thread.

Is that ok with you ?

:D

One of the richest clubs in the world, Chelsea F.C. was founded on March 14, 1905 at The Rising Sun pub (now The Butcher's Hook). After a short time, the club was elected into the Second Division at the Football League AGM on May 29, 1905. Chelsea's first game took place away at Stockport County on September 2, 1905. They lost the game 1-0. Their first home game was against Liverpool in a friendly. They won 4-0.

Ok all you blues brothers out there who our your favourite 3 players of the last decade.

I will start with mine.

1. Terry

2. Zola

3. Lampard

Cheers, are you a fellow Chelsea fan or are you being sarcastic?

Neither , I'm the Football forum moderator and was merely wishing you Good Luck.

It's about time there was a Chelsea thread.

Is that ok with you ?

:o

Ok sorry about that Chonabot, thanks for the welcome!

According to both management teams, Wednesday night’s game was all about being strong.

From Chelsea assistant manager, Steve Clarke, there was no apology for fielding a strong side, and from dejected Villa boss Martin O’Neill there was the compliment of being labelled ‘the strongest team in European football’.

‘We said before the last round that if we wanted to get knocked out at Blackburn, we’d have sent the second team, but we didn’t do that and we sent our strongest team,’ said Clarke as he surveyed Chelsea’s progress in the Carling Cup.

‘We played a strong team again tonight, with one or two changes. But when we make changes, the players who come in respond very well. The boys who’ve come in tonight contributed to a top performance.’

It was one of the changes to the team, Gérémi, who supplied the ammunition for our third goal, scored by Michael Essien. The Ghanaian midfielder has played every minute of every game this season and looked as strong at the end of the Villa game as at the start.

‘Last year was Essien’s first year in English football, you saw what he did last season, we knew he could improve on that,’ explained Clarke.

‘He told us he could improve on it and so far this season he’s been outstanding for us. He’s very strong and his finishing’s getting a lot better because normally they end up in the top tier of the stand!’

Essien was one Chelsea player who the Villa manager singled out for special praise.

‘Chelsea are the strongest team in European football and they have also got a lot of class players. Essien is very strong and very good,” O’Neill admitted.

When asked if there was a past team that he felt Chelsea could be compared with, O’Neill replied:

‘Italy won the World Cup in 1982 but Brazil were by miles the best side in the world at the time. The Brazilian players were so, so good, but they were strong too. There’s nothing wrong with it. These Chelsea players are very strong and they’re very good.

‘I knew they would be very strong tonight,’ he continued. ‘Half-time we were still in the game but Chelsea were excellent, really excellent second-half. We were unable to cope with them. They were much better than us and we were well beaten.’

No arguments from Steve Clarke to that summary.

‘We passed the ball ever so well right from the start, almost controlled the whole game, scored good goals, created a lot of chances. It was a top performance.

‘When you have the players we have, when they get the chance to play they have to make it difficult for the manager to pick the next team and I think the players that came in tonight did that. That’s what having a good squad is all about.’

Ok all you blues brothers out there who our your favourite 3 players of the last decade.

I will start with mine.

1. Terry

2. Zola

3. Lampard

Thats a hard one, I've got so many favourites, ok I will try to name 5

1. Zola

2. Terry

3. Vialli

4. Wise

5. Lampard

1. Zola

2. Desailly

3. Terry

Shedend & Tingnongnoi,

Where abouts are you boys? have you both been Chelsea boys for many years? I went to the Barcelona v Chelsea game last week, what an experience, it took me about 4 days to get over it!! haha

1. Zola

2. Desailly

3. Terry

Shedend & Tingnongnoi,

Where abouts are you boys? have you both been Chelsea boys for many years? I went to the Barcelona v Chelsea game last week, what an experience, it took me about 4 days to get over it!! haha

Seapok I have always been a CFC fan. Before I came to the LOS I was a club member and went to all the home games. Big game fixtures watched live are great and the atmosphere is far better than watching in the boozer or at home.

1. Zola

2. Desailly

3. Terry

Shedend & Tingnongnoi,

im in Bangkok now, have supported since was 11 and 39 now. Had a season ticket for a good few years and got to go to a few European aways also. Moved over here about 5 years ago just before Abramovich took over so never got to see the title lifted in the ground :o . Agree that it's not the same watching on t.v. Going to the games is only thing I really miss about U.K

Do you 2 boys know each other? The atmosphere will never be as good as the old Shed days, I used to walk out of there with my mate just able to speak, the singing and the banter was excellent, you do get the odd character going now but it all has seemed to mellowed a great deal.

I suppose the good thing about LOS is you are able to watch the majority of the Chelsea games although it can be at crazy o' clock!

What do you think of this seasons imports? what do you make of Boulahrouz getting the No. 9 shirt? I think its dishonoring the great No. 9 we have in the past.

We got Watford this Saturday, we have to get 3 or 4 at least, need to produce a lot more killer instinct.

Do you 2 boys know each other? The atmosphere will never be as good as the old Shed days, I used to walk out of there with my mate just able to speak, the singing and the banter was excellent, you do get the odd character going now but it all has seemed to mellowed a great deal.

I suppose the good thing about LOS is you are able to watch the majority of the Chelsea games although it can be at crazy o' clock!

What do you think of this seasons imports? what do you make of Boulahrouz getting the No. 9 shirt? I think its dishonoring the great No. 9 we have in the past.

We got Watford this Saturday, we have to get 3 or 4 at least, need to produce a lot more killer instinct.

I do not know him Seapok. Agreed we need to start bagging more goals mate.

The No 9 shirt - Legends not terminators.

The Shed End was brilliant with characters like one arm babs, pick axe charlie and all the others especially in the 80's.

I must say though at least we are fielding strong sides for the League Cup and we do take it seriously as it is still a special occasion no matter what the final is........Carefree as we sing as we are the famous CFC.

The Shed End was brilliant with characters like one arm babs, pick axe charlie and all the others especially in the 80's.

I must say though at least we are fielding strong sides for the League Cup and we do take it seriously as it is still a special occasion no matter what the final is........Carefree as we sing as we are the famous CFC.

Haha I don't know those names but they sound interesting, the early eighties is a bit before my time but I know someone you may of heard of........Mad Gerry Kelly, he was my mates neighbour and used to sneak us in to the games when we were about 14!! haha

Where are you now? BKK or up country? do you meet up with many blue boys over there?

Haha I don't know those names but they sound interesting, the early eighties is a bit before my time but I know someone you may of heard of........Mad Gerry Kelly, he was my mates neighbour and used to sneak us in to the games when we were about 14!! haha

Where are you now? BKK or up country? do you meet up with many blue boys over there?

There are 6 players each from CFC, Man Utd and Spurs in the England squad for the game against Holland. How many Gooners are there!!!!!

England squad v Holland:

Goalkeepers: Paul Robinson (Tottenham), Chris Kirkland (Wigan), Ben Foster (Man Utd)

Defenders: Gary Neville (Man Utd), Phil Neville (Everton), Micah Richards (Man City), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), John Terry (Chelsea), Ledley King (Tottenham), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Wes Brown (Man Utd), Michael Dawson (Tottenham), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Wayne Bridge (Chelsea)

Midfield: Aaron Lennon (Tottenham), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Michael Carrick (Man Utd), Scott Parker (Newcastle), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough)

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Darren Bent (Charlton), Andrew Johnson (Everton).

José Mourinho has declared himself satisfied with the all-round state of his team as they prepare for the first of back-to-back home Premiership fixtures. A win against Watford on Saturday will complete an undefeated half-century of league games at Stamford Bridge for the Blues.

‘It is up to the players and it is big motivation for them,’ Mourinho has told Chelsea TV as he looks forward to the game.

‘We know the opponents can make it difficult but we know one or two points that we can try to explore against them.

‘Watford haven’t lost for a few matches. You can like or not like their style of play but on the pitch they know what they are doing.

‘But we played well against Tottenham and Aston Villa in the week and the morale is good.’

Preparations are helped by a clean bill of health, Petr Cech apart, and a return from suspension for skipper John Terry.

‘We are playing fantastic football and getting a lot of good results so to be three points behind Man United is not a problem for me. I would prefer to be three points ahead but three behind is not a problem because I know we can do it.’

Against Watford, Mourinho will pit his wits against the only manager currently working in the Premiership with whom he has yet to cross swords.

According to one member of the Chelsea staff, Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd will know plenty about his counterpart.

Chelsea’s reserve team coach, Brendan Rodgers, and Boothroyd have a friendship going back many years. It stems from the days when Rodgers was Reading youth team coach and Boothroyd was in the same role at Norwich. They still speak often.

‘I know from our conversations that he is a massive admire of José,’ says Rodgers.

‘He has read his books, and when he [boothroyd] was at Leeds, we spoke a couple of times in the week and he would ask what makes José tick, what is he like.

‘Aidy wants to learn all the time. He came through a system similar to myself in that he has worked with young players for a lot of his coaching career.

‘He has been a developer but now he is at the results end. In the last two years he has made the fantastic step up into first team management and has done well.’

Frank Lampard insists Chelsea players hold no grudge against Graham Poll, after the referee's performance in the defeat to Tottenham.

The Premiership champions were irate with Poll after he sent off captain John Terry and disallowed a Didier Drogba goal last weekend.

The Football Association have written to several Blues players regarding their post-match comments, while referees' chief Keith Hackett is due to meet Jose Mourinho.

Lampard is confident the squad have no quarrel with Poll and does not expect any problems the next time he officiates a Chelsea game.

"I will say nothing the next time I see Graham Poll," Lampard told The Sun. "There isn't anything to say.

"We have to get back to playing football and there will be no need for me to say anything.

"Graham Poll came to the training ground pre-season and explained the new laws and we have no problem with him.

"A big decision went against us in the Spurs game and that's it. There is certainly no grudge on our part and I'm sure there won't be on his."

After the 2-1 loss at White Hart Lane, Mourinho called for referees to come out and discuss the decisions, with Lampard backing his manager's suggestion.

He added: "It's a difficult job being a referee. I think sometimes they are locked into the laws and feel that's the way it has to be.

"But it would be a good idea if they came out after games and explain their decisions if there's been controversy.

"These are big decisions which are making a difference in people's careers and lives and it's important."

Chelsea aim to bounce back from defeat at Tottenham Hotspur when they host Watford at Stamford Bridge.

The Blues lost for only the second time this season when Aaron Lennon struck the winner for Spurs in Sunday's 2-1 win at White Hart Lane.

Jose Mourinho's side bounced back by thrashing Aston Villa 4-0 in the Carling Cup, and they will expect to claim all three points from Adrian Boothroyd's Hornets.

Watford come into the contest with a first Premiership win since winning promotion under their belts, as Boothroyd's side defeated Middlesbrough 2-0 at Vicarage Road last Saturday.

However, they were brought back to earth by struggling Newcastle United, who knocked them out of the Carling Cup on penalties in midweek.

Boothroyd will know his side will be underdogs on Saturday, but that will not stop him from expecting to claim an away result.

After playing a near full-strength squad against Villa, Mourinho's side is likely to be similar to the starting XI that faced The Villans.

Carlo Cudicini earned a start in goal for The Blues on Wednesday, and Mourinho will have to decide between his number two and third-choice custodian Henrique Hilario for Saturday.

Captain John Terry will be available again after serving a one-match suspension by sitting out the cup win over Villa following his red card at Spurs last Sunday.

Ashley Cole and Arjen Robben are expected to come back into the starting XI after the pair were rested in midweek.

Boothroyd, meanwhile, will give a late fitness test to goalkeeper Ben Foster after he missed Watford's last two matches with a knee ligament injury.

Striker Tommy Smith should also return to the squad after being cup-tied from Tuesday's defeat to Newcastle, while captain Gavin Mahon looks to have recovered from an ankle injury.

However, striker Marlon King is out for the rest of the season with a knee injury, while defender Clarke Carlisle remains sidelined with thigh trouble.

Frank Lampard insists Chelsea players hold no grudge against Graham Poll, after the referee's performance in the defeat to Tottenham.

The Premiership champions were irate with Poll after he sent off captain John Terry and disallowed a Didier Drogba goal last weekend.

The Football Association have written to several Blues players regarding their post-match comments, while referees' chief Keith Hackett is due to meet Jose Mourinho.

Lampard is confident the squad have no quarrel with Poll and does not expect any problems the next time he officiates a Chelsea game.

"I will say nothing the next time I see Graham Poll," Lampard told The Sun. "There isn't anything to say.

"We have to get back to playing football and there will be no need for me to say anything.

"Graham Poll came to the training ground pre-season and explained the new laws and we have no problem with him.

"A big decision went against us in the Spurs game and that's it. There is certainly no grudge on our part and I'm sure there won't be on his."

After the 2-1 loss at White Hart Lane, Mourinho called for referees to come out and discuss the decisions, with Lampard backing his manager's suggestion.

He added: "It's a difficult job being a referee. I think sometimes they are locked into the laws and feel that's the way it has to be.

"But it would be a good idea if they came out after games and explain their decisions if there's been controversy.

"These are big decisions which are making a difference in people's careers and lives and it's important."

Graham Poll is the referee for the Man Utd game on the 26 Nov. That will be interesting given it will be such a big game and one decision could determine the result. Lets see lads if the FA have a spine and he does infact ref the game or will they change the officials due to the media influence ........ Personally I think he should referee.

Seapok I do not know Gerry.

Graham Poll is the referee for the Man Utd game on the 26 Nov. That will be interesting given it will be such a big game and one decision could determine the result. Lets see lads if the FA have a spine and he does infact ref the game or will they change the officials due to the media influence ........ Personally I think he should referee.

Seapok I do not know Gerry.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has questioned referees' chief Keith Hackett over his decision to meet Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.

Hackett agreed to meet Mourinho over criticism of referee Graham Poll's handling of Sunday's game between Chelsea and Tottenham.

Ferguson posed the question: "Does Hackett ever to go meet Arsene Wenger, or Rafa Benitez or this old guy here?

"Is there preference going out to Chelsea? It seems ludicrous."

Ferguson described Poll as the best referee in England.

"That's why he gets the big games, because he's the best at making the big decisions," said the United manager.

But Ferguson believes it may now be wrong to put Poll in charge of United's match against Chelsea at Old Trafford on 26 November.

"I would like him in a way, but with all this controversy I don't know whether it would be a good thing. I'm fearing he gets the game with all the controversy about Chelsea," said Ferguson.

Good old Alex.. got his wind up key out again.. problem is, Mourinho is not Kevin Keegan.. I do think they have a certain respect for each other though..and you Chelsea guys are echoing many of the gripes we had in the '90's.. There's no escaping the "and who do you think you are" traffic warden mentality in some of the officials.. sadly.

Carling Cup quarter-final draw:

Tottenham v Southend

Liverpool v Arsenal

Newcastle v Chelsea

Charlton v Wycombe

Looks like a tricky away game for us, its cold up north in December, interesting to see if the foreign boys will be up for it, I'd love to go all the way and get the yids in the final, a nice way to wipe the smile of their faces!! haha

Good old Alex.. got his wind up key out again.. problem is, Mourinho is not Kevin Keegan.. I do think they have a certain respect for each other though..and you Chelsea guys are echoing many of the gripes we had in the '90's.. There's no escaping the "and who do you think you are" traffic warden mentality in some of the officials.. sadly.

I agree with you muckypups, I believe the two managers have a mutual respect for each other. Mourinho calls Fergie 'The Man & 'Big Boss'. It does seem everyone loves to hate us at the moment but we don't care, bring em all on!

Chelsea 4-0 Watford

In-form Didier Drogba fired a brilliant hat-trick as champions Chelsea outclassed Watford at Stamford Bridge.

Drogba opened the scoring after 27 minutes when he finished from close range after Geremi's cross.

The Ivorian made it 2-0 after a one-two with Andriy Shevchenko before providing the pass for his strike partner to round the keeper and tap home.

And Drogba capped another impressive individual display on 69 minutes when he converted another Geremi cross.

It took Drogba's tally for the season to 14 and saw him overtake Portsmouth's Kanu as the Premiership's top scorer.

The margin of victory also helped the Blues close the gap in goal difference to Premiership leaders Manchester United - and the four-goal hammering was nothing more than they deserved.

Before kick-off, a laughing Jose Mourinho bore the air of a man who fully expected his team to run out winners, and his players mirrored that attitude.

They stroked the ball around with supreme confidence and while a bustling Watford side did their best to break the champions' rhythm, they never really looked like causing an upset.

Drogba had already had a couple of half-chances before he eventually opened the scoring.

Shevchenko miskicked Geremi's cross but the ball ran through for the Ivorian to stab home from six yards.

Seven minutes later, the champions could afford to switch to cruise control when Drogba snatched his second.

Dan Shittu failed to track Drogba's run after he laid the ball off to Shevchenko and the striker was free in the box to tuck away the return pass.

A rush of blood to the head from Michael Ballack almost gave Watford an unexpected lifeline before half-time.

The German midfielder inexplicably clattered into Jordan Stewart with the ball long gone and from the free-kick, Shittu saw his shot cannon off Carlo Cudicini's feet.

To their credit, Watford continued to commit players in attack after the break and Ashley Young saw his cross flash across goal beyond the reach of Darius Henderson.

But normal service was quickly resumed as Chelsea effortlessly extended their lead.

Drogba and Shevchenko were involved again, this time the Ivorian providing a fabulous pass for his strike partner to round Foster and tap into the empty net.

With Watford's players demoralised, Chelsea began to create more and more chances and it was no surprise when Drogba completed his hat-trick - his second of the season.

Geremi escaped down the right and as Watford's defence stood and watched, Drogba stole in to convert the cross and complete a miserable day for the Hornets.

Archived