Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

I didn,t see that team selection coming...apart from Lampard that is...............just goes to show Jose doesn,t fancy Torres Lukaku Ba Mata or Moses...that team selection has just eased us out to 3.45 on betfair...i think i,ll have some of that thumbsup.gif

I don't understand that, not even a target man and it really doesn't look likes it's working. Unless Jose came to try and hang on to a no score draw blink.png

Begs the question is Jose a worse manager now than he was five years ago. He didn't exactly set the house on fire at Real Madrid, lost the locker room and created an untold number of distractions from football. Seems he is over thinking to me and ought to simplify his approach. He could start by putting a hold on all his childish, attention seeking mind games with other clubs/managers.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Errrrmmm, I don't get it. :-(

And nor did Moyes. By not going with an out and out striker,Mourinho provided a fluid five man midfield with Scherrle and Oscar drifting inside looking for the shot on target.With no one to mark,that made either Vidic or Ferdinand redundant so Moyes had the chance to drop one of them to the bench and play another midfielder to fill the gap,but he didn't do it. The two commentators kept saying "it isn't working for Mourinho" but I thought he was on the button with his tactics. As he said after the game,he put a team out to win the game but also not to lose it either. We had our chances to score but we also had to be aware of the Rooney inspired attacking threat and I thought we dealt with that perfectly. Our midfield was very disciplined and our defence was solid.

You won't get many teams coming away from Old Trafford with anything.

Begs the question is Jose a worse manager now than he was five years ago. He didn't exactly set the house on fire at Real Madrid, lost the locker room and created an untold number of distractions from football. Seems he is over thinking to me and ought to simplify his approach. He could start by putting a hold on all his childish, attention seeking mind games with other clubs/managers.coffee1.gif

You might have a point here but ofcourse its such early doors and lets face it, he'll be relatively happy with that point.

Errrrmmm, I don't get it. :-(

And nor did Moyes. By not going with an out and out striker,Mourinho provided a fluid five man midfield with Scherrle and Oscar drifting inside looking for the shot on target.With no one to mark,that made either Vidic or Ferdinand redundant so Moyes had the chance to drop one of them to the bench and play another midfielder to fill the gap,but he didn't do it. The two commentators kept saying "it isn't working for Mourinho" but I thought he was on the button with his tactics. As he said after the game,he put a team out to win the game but also not to lose it either. We had our chances to score but we also had to be aware of the Rooney inspired attacking threat and I thought we dealt with that perfectly. Our midfield was very disciplined and our defence was solid.

You won't get many teams coming away from Old Trafford with anything.

Yup percentage stuff from both clubs and unsurprising so early in the season.

Bit strong. Second week of the epl without all players match fit and 3rd game in 8 days and he comes away from Old Trafford with a point. Not bad really. Sure, not what us fans wanted, but it's a worse result for United.

They mentioned on football focus that this game is too early in the season and I suppose it is. Neither team up too speed and neither wanting to drop points.

• Like 2

You might have a point here but ofcourse its such early doors and lets face it, he'll be relatively happy with that point.

True enough Carmine, but I like to have a go at him when the opportunity presents itself.biggrin.png

True enough Carmine, but I like to have a go at him when the opportunity presents itself.biggrin.png

We'll show 'em how it's done next Sunday wink.png

Oh thats fair enough. Well the way he's launched from the blocks this season it appears he's going to give you lots of opportunities.

A pleasingly tedious game for us neutralslaugh.png

It was up to United to make the running but they had no answer to Chelsea's tactics. Scherrle's offside effort that crashed against the bar had me leaping out of my zimmer frame,though.

A pleasingly tedious game for us neutralsPosted Image

It was up to United to make the running but they had no answer to Chelsea's tactics. Scherrle's offside effort that crashed against the bar had me leaping out of my zimmer frame,though.

Its simply impossible for Chelsea to play flowing attacking football so yes nicking a late goal was the best tactic as usual.

Well done to the special one....

• Like 1

A pleasingly tedious game for us neutralslaugh.png

Its simply impossible for Chelsea to play flowing attacking football so yes nicking a late goal was the best tactic as usual.

Ok, I'll bite. Go and watch the first half to our opening game of the season. And as for nicking a late goal, at least Chelsea can score in open play. It was our 3rd game in 8 days, plus we face Bayern on Friday.

• Like 1

Luiz, Willian and a striker who strikes the fear of god in defences will generate some flowing attacking football.

fear not.

Who is that then?

I have to admit your football over the last few years has been effective but I don't particularly enjoy watching your team.

I'm gonna potentially upset some Chelsea fans here.

What do you think about Hazard? TBH, I'm not all that impressed after his fanfare welcome. I'm not saying he is a bad player, far from it. Some of his skills are sublime the intricate play astounding, BUT, is he in danger of becoming a Joe Cole? Flashes of excellence and a feeling of what should have been?

If you take Oscar and Hazard from the start of last year, Hazard was by far the better player. Now on the other hand, I would rather choose Oscar. Far more consistent and has improved well enough over the last year. Hazard just seems to drift and has more 'no shows' than Oscar. Also Hazard likes to take the hard route and dribble past player (which is fantastic to watch) but sometimes he should go for the easy pass.

What do you think?

What do you think about Hazard? TBH, I'm not all that impressed after his fanfare welcome. I'm not saying he is a bad player, far from it. Some of his skills are sublime the intricate play astounding, BUT, is he in danger of becoming a Joe Cole? Flashes of excellence and a feeling of what should have been?

If you take Oscar and Hazard from the start of last year, Hazard was by far the better player. Now on the other hand, I would rather choose Oscar. Far more consistent and has improved well enough over the last year. Hazard just seems to drift and has more 'no shows' than Oscar. Also Hazard likes to take the hard route and dribble past player (which is fantastic to watch) but sometimes he should go for the easy pass.

What do you think?

Agreed. I don't know why, but Hazard doesn't seem to impose himself on the game. Maybe one of those players who value form over function. Its like he doesn't want to get dirty.

A pleasingly tedious game for us neutralsPosted Image

Ok, I'll bite. Go and watch the first half to our opening game of the season. And as for nicking a late goal, at least Chelsea can score in open play. It was our 3rd game in 8 days, plus we face Bayern on Friday.

If you want the title you should be stamping these big games with your team's style of play and dictating....not changing it to reflect the opposing teams tactics.

Yet I agree oldgit....this game was too early for both teams.

Surprised that few mention the fact that last year Chelseas's player of the year Mata was left on the bench. Mata has the ability to unlock defences as he proved over and over again last season.

Mourinho obviously doesn't rate him otherwise the would have been chosen ahead of the 2 new signings who did very little. With Willan on board there are going to be some very unhappy midfielder's constantly sitting on the bench. Torres needs to find a new home, how can you be so innerfective when 2 years ago you were the best striker going around.

Mata (Chelsea's player of the year for 2 years) was left on the bench because he is not match fit. So no, it's not obvious. Also, Willian plays on the left, Mata will be on the right (as said by Jose) if he is not in the centre.

You're right about Torres though.

What do you think?

You won,t upset me Mjj,we all have our own opinions ....Hazard for me last year was the dogs .ollocks and Oscar i thought just needed to man-up a bit, and he has done that.his work rate is incredible given all the football he has played in the last 15 months...Hazard to me on the other hand has gone a little down hill(although thats a bit harsh only 3 games in) but Jose seemed to make him the centre of everything in those 5 to 6 pre- season games and now his performances so far to me look a bit tired and uninspiring....but its early days still...... and Jose has a lot of work to do trimming the squad down to the 22 players that he likes to work with..there is going to be some decent players going out on loan in the next few weeks ...expect Palace, West Brom and maybe Southampton to be the recipients imho wink.png

What will Jose give us on Friday against Bayern,another safety first performance like last night or something more expansive?

• Like 1

Jelly mate u cum up with some right old tosh sometimes mate, murry left madrid with the highest wins ratio EVER of any manager thats been there for than a blink of the eye , he won the la liga over arguably the greatest team thats EVER walked the planet when they were totally at their pomp, and as for losing the dressing room w00t.gif , seems he was right bout the goalkeeper, he;s stiil on the bench, But the one thing we can hope is that once the glitz of him returning wears off and reality sets in, that his style of play is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE TO THE EYE and if it don't REALLY REALLY deliver abramovic will get bored to f----- c watching itfacepalm.gif , as he supposedly did b4, he'll get the boot, leaving the chavs in turmoil clap2.gif

So Mata to Man Utd ?

BT biggrin.png

Err, no. Mata to start against Bayern on Friday.
yeah coarse he will !!! get used to it ure best player of the last 2 ? seasons is DONE under murry Edited by rijit