Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

14 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

In my opinion it was apart from the the 3 i have mentioned countless times before....oh and the half. So do you want Moses Alonso Cahill Pedro Fabregas Willian (woops you did once) ?Luiz ....probably not....and guess what... doubt if any of our top 5 competitors did either. Put it bluntly never read or heard saw anyone even atempt to buy anyone those players...oh i have left Dave of the list i would like to keep him ....the rest are average in and out performers who played brilliantly last year. Conte wanted upgrades to that squad like some of us thought he deserved....but as has been said maybe elsewhere we did our transfer shopping at Argos and Homebase oh and the injured benevolent society.

OK you've mentioned your above average players but what about the others?  in short, Chelsea were very strong again last season managed by Conte who made the absolute most of what he had but to suggest you were a weak squad is absolute nonsense.

Like the jibe about Willian btw,  just the sort of money orientated mercenary that befits a small club that won the lottery...bravo. :smile:

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

lets be Fair Dinkum,there is a wide raft of reasons why C/sea are in danger of losing a C/L place ,but lets look at the present situation

in my view ,its all down to to our home match against Palace(appologies WBA) next monday nite,,a loss there and Spuds win we are out of the top 4  C/L place,and it will be Bang Bang !!!!Conte The  Jerk,s  , toupee  will be filled with his brains,(if he  has any)whilst we are in the top 4, he can possibly last to the end of the season,and if the so called Miracle Maker( by our two old  resident knee jerkers),can win the C/L,he will get into the last year  of his contract, thats my call

Edited by evenstevens

50 minutes ago, carmine said:

OK you've mentioned your above average players but what about the others?  in short, Chelsea were very strong again last season managed by Conte who made the absolute most of what he had but to suggest you were a weak squad is absolute nonsense.

Like the jibe about Willian btw,  just the sort of money orientated mercenary that befits a small club that won the lottery...bravo. :smile:

Deary me....lighten up that was not a jibe hence the smiley face ....he was the only player you were interested in fact,not rubbing it in one upmanship gamesmanship or being a smart arsse..

So you have no qualms about the above nentioned players...what others????As all over fans said on the all these forums..."you had no injuries no champions league" and we suppossedly only used 13 players.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

lets be Fair Dinkum,there is a wide raft of reasons why C/sea are in danger of losing a C/L place ,but lets look at the present situation

in my view ,its all down to to our home match against Palace next monday nite,,a loss there and Spuds win we are out of the top 4  C/L place,and it will be Bang Bang !!!!Conte The  Jerk,s  , toupee  will be filled with his brains,(if he  has any)whilst we are in the top 4, he can possibly last to the end of the season,and if the so called Miracle Maker( by our two old  resident knee jerkers),can win the C/L,he will get into the last year  of his contract, thats my call

Palace???

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, keithsimmonds said:

Deary me....lighten up that was not a jibe hence the smiley face ....he was the only player you were interested in fact,not rubbing it in one upmanship gamesmanship or being a smart arsse..

So you have no qualms about the above nentioned players...what others????As all over fans said on the all these forums..."you had no injuries no champions league" and we suppossedly only used 13 players.

No injuries and no CL of course but its simply no correct to say it was a weak side, just perhaps not up tp the highest quality set since the Abramovich era begun.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

No injuries and no CL of course but its simply no correct to say it was a weak side, just perhaps not up tp the highest quality set since the Abramovich era begun.

Come on where is my apology...for the so called Willian jibe.....?

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Awfully sorry, Keith.

Thanks mate that didn,t hurt did it??? Besides got to play nicely now for all the stick that might come our way if you beat us at home this year for the 1st time in 30 years.???

Edited by keithsimmonds

11 minutes ago, carmine said:

feel that is  a very fair call, but the Knee Jerkers ,absoulately insane acessment that particular squad was Bang On Average, vindicates this Knee Jerker is a complete nutter Full Stop

12 minutes ago, carmine said:

21 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Thanks mate that didn,t hurt did it??? Besides got to play nicely now for all the stick that might come our way if you beat us at home this year for the 1st time in 30 years.???

We're terrified of Barkley and Giroud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Taking up Keith's point about Chelsea's players, there's only Hazard, Kanté and Azpilicueta I'd be interested in bringing to the Etihad. 

13 hours ago, sotsira said:

Well maybe Conte the Great became Conte the Jerk when someone at Chelsea decided to sell 

Matic  to Man Utd and replace him with Bakayoko.

So who sanctioned that stupid move ?

As Man Utd has certainly strengthened from it.

matic on this thread was by the knee jerkers extremely underated.both are fluff wits anyway.matic always put a shift in won 2 epl.not bad fora player they rate cannot pass.and doing very well for man u

3 hours ago, jellydog said:

Extra fixtures with CL this season is a big reason.

Other big clubs did a decent job of improving their squads. Chelsea did a half ass job.

No Diego Costa. I don't think his absence gets talked about enough. He was HUGE for Chelsea until he finally went off the boil. Morata has not been an adequate replacement no matter how you look at it, injuries or otherwise.

My 2 cents.

the governor is sorely missed in my view.even when he went walk a bout to some degree.he was better then morata.the gov was another knee jerkers player on their list who cannot fire.again vindicating what fluff wits they really are

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Taking up Keith's point about Chelsea's players, there's only Hazard, Kanté and Azpilicueta I'd be interested in bringing to the Etihad. 

would add courtios to your list.yuor tattoo.keeper looked very nervy against burnley..and mcity as a whole did.nt handle  the wimbedon in the mixer balls at all

Edited by evenstevens

4 hours ago, jellydog said:

Extra fixtures with CL this season is a big reason.

Other big clubs did a decent job of improving their squads. Chelsea did a half ass job.

No Diego Costa. I don't think his absence gets talked about enough. He was HUGE for Chelsea until he finally went off the boil. Morata has not been an adequate replacement no matter how you look at it, injuries or otherwise.

My 2 cents.

Just to add to this, Chelsea managed to play the whole season with 13 players, or thereabouts. 

apologies MadDog. I see this has been mentioned now.

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Thanks 1

Me: "Taking up Keith's point about Chelsea's players, there's only Hazard, Kanté and Azpilicueta I'd be interested in bringing to the Etihad."
E/S "would add courtios to your list.yuor tattoo.keeper looked very nervy against burnley"

Last season I would definitely have been happy to bring courtios to the Etihad as Bravo cost us big time but not this season as I think Ederson is great.
I didn't think Ederson was at all nervy at Burnley, in fact I was watching a video on the City website which shows his every touch which is impressive. Couple of excellent saves. I even saw one report gave him MoM.

Thought courtios is reportedly off to Real.

59 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Me: "Taking up Keith's point about Chelsea's players, there's only Hazard, Kanté and Azpilicueta I'd be interested in bringing to the Etihad."
E/S "would add courtios to your list.yuor tattoo.keeper looked very nervy against burnley"

Last season I would definitely have been happy to bring courtios to the Etihad as Bravo cost us big time but not this season as I think Ederson is great.
I didn't think Ederson was at all nervy at Burnley, in fact I was watching a video on the City website which shows his every touch which is impressive. Couple of excellent saves. I even saw one report gave him MoM.

a number of times he was leaving it to the death to  clear his punts from a  pressing defender, he will bungled one at the present rate,Courtious according to recent report , is about to put pen to paper, and has not had any Real Madrid contact or offers, he would prefer to be with Real Madrid as his expartner is there with his two kids,and luvs the city etc etc,   but in saying that he is happy  C/sea also     see how it progresses

2 hours ago, evenstevens said:

a number of times he was leaving it to the death to  clear his punts from a  pressing defender, he will bungled one at the present rate,

Ederson is the bees knees. In all my life I have never seen a goalkeeper who is as comfortable and confident on the ball. His passing accuracy is better than most outfield players. Will he come unstuck? Yes of course he will at some point but all players make a mistake at some point.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Ederson is the bees knees. In all my life I have never seen a goalkeeper who is as comfortable and confident on the ball. His passing accuracy is better than most outfield players. Will he come unstuck? Yes of course he will at some point but all players make a mistake at some point.

I'm guessing ES hasn't watched many City matches this season.

And the cat's meow as well.:biggrin:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, evenstevens said:

feel that is  a very fair call, but the Knee Jerkers ,absoulately insane acessment that particular squad was Bang On Average, vindicates this Knee Jerker is a complete nutter Full Stop

Do you live in a cave in Coober Pedy? Because it seems you love the echo of your own voice.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Just like you and others were when, after finishing 10th. in the League 2015/2016, we really went for the jugular in 'world class' signings and snatched Batshuayi, (hey?) Alonso (who?) Luiz (don't make me laugh!) and Kante (that's more like it) and recalled Moses (not him again). Underwhelming was the overriding reaction by Chelsea fans towards the board but Conte had other ideas that season and got them to play out of their skins.  

Yes that teamwork is sadly missing this year from your perspective I think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes that teamwork is sadly missing this year from your perspective I think.

Conte has fluffed them completely ,the players asked Conte for the present 3 day break from his torture training scheldule, 8 have pulled hammys this season,it would have been  nine  but Alonso felt a twinge in warm up before Watford match,and sensibly pulled out, Conte  has not changed his training routines to fit in with the extra matchs they had to play  hence all the hammy,s  etc etc etcsimple as that, last season his so called Old  Knee Jerkers miracle was purely on his formation change to a back three ,  no injurys , and no C/L  plus a handy squad with miles of know how,,now the opposition have sussed us out months ago, and  he still persists with it and Baka who is a carthorse is in the middle of it,his performance against Watford was a fluffin nightmare,and every match before that was  a bad dream but the Jerk kept on ,keeping on with  the  knob, any   top draw manager would have changed his tactics  yonks ago , but this stubborn volitile  Baldy Head of a Jerk has still got his Baldy  head  right up his backside, and the two old  knee jerkers are still sucking him on his bat, thats how fluffin dumb as they come they are,,fluff ing fluffwits , its a trumphet good evening to all my loyal fans on the Footy Forum,at least E/S is in tune

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Courtois said his "heart is in Madrid" for obvious reasons. I'm pretty certain I know where he'd rather be, but he's hedging his bets by negotiating a new contract with Chelsea because a certain Mr. De  Gea is also on Real's radar. And there is no way that one of them will be satisfied to sit on the bench in Madrid.

Regarding the general malaise around the club at the moment, the tension between Conte and the board has now worked it's way into the players psyche with two bad defeats. According to Sky Sports,the club have said that they have had no contact with anybody to replace Conte and that he will continue as coach. No ringing endorsement in my eyes and nothing to suggest that they have full confidence in his ability to take the club forward. Unless they make a public statement backing him, I can't see this situation improving off the field and on it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Regarding the general malaise around the club at the moment, the tension between Conte and the board has now worked it's way into the players psyche with two bad defeats. According to Sky Sports,the club have said that they have had no contact with anybody to replace Conte and that he will continue as coach. No ringing endorsement in my eyes and nothing to suggest that they have full confidence in his ability to take the club forward. Unless they make a public statement backing him, I can't see this situation improving off the field and on it.

,  At last the penny has dropped ( LOL ) that   C/sea have a problem,    now go back to your slumber land ,   you old fluffing knee jerker, and have a nice day

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Courtois said his "heart is in Madrid" for obvious reasons. I'm pretty certain I know where he'd rather be, but he's hedging his bets by negotiating a new contract with Chelsea because a certain Mr. De  Gea is also on Real's radar. And there is no way that one of them will be satisfied to sit on the bench in Madrid.

There will be plenty of interest in Oblak in the summer....so there could be more than one G/K position up for grabs in Madrid.

24 minutes ago, wilai said:

There will be plenty of interest in Oblak in the summer....so there could be more than one G/K position up for grabs in Madrid.

It wouldn't bother me  at all if Oblak came to us and Courtois moved back to Spain.

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

,  At last the penny has dropped ( LOL ) that   C/sea have a problem,    now go back to your slumber land ,   you old fluffing knee jerker, and have a nice day

The penny is still hovering in mid air, as far as you're concerned.

• Haha 1