U.s. Election Viewing Parties?

lingyai

Ok I know the time differnce doesn't make it viable to watch the election results live but I was wondering if there are any events tonight or tomorrow where people will be drinking a talking about the election (like something that is organized ).

Thoughts?

Here is something I got in an email earlier:

COME JOIN DEMOCRATS ABROAD FOR A "BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS!" Watch U.S. Election Results Wednesday, 8 Nov., 7:30AM onwards, at The Roadhouse, Suriwongse Road Cost for breakfast: 225 baht per person

Democrats Abroad Thailand invites all those interested in the U.S. elections to watch the results of the U. S. mid-term elections.

Feast on a genuine American buffet at The Roadhouse, a new American style barbeque restaurant located at the corner of Rama IV and Suriswongse Roads, next to the Jim Thompson store, and is a short walk from the Saladaeng BTS and Silom MTR stations. Two hour free parking is available at the nearby Charn Issara Building.

Democrats Abroad Thailand looks forward to welcoming everyone at this pay-as-you-go event.

Contact the American Chamber of Commerce for more details.

Ok I know the time differnce doesn't make it viable to watch the election results live

Why not? The polls on the US East Coast should start closing around 08:00 Wednesday morning, Thai time. You can watch the election returns live all morning and throughout the day.

Ok I know the time differnce doesn't make it viable to watch the election results live but I was wondering if there are any events tonight or tomorrow where people will be drinking a talking about the election (like something that is organized ).

Thoughts?

lingyai, I have been in the US since Sept and let me tell you one thing "Thank god the elections are finally over!"

The amount of political commercials on tv has increased exponentially since Sept and the negative attack ads made me so sick I didn't feel like voting for anyone! I now understand voter apathy in the US.

Count your blessings you are in Thailand for this, and believe me, I will never come to the US in election season again!

(and yes, I am a politically aware, active person but this was just TOO MUCH!!!)

Yes, well, all this is far from the OP's original request.

And now, it is too late for recommendations, the election is over and the counting has begun. So, perhaps the OP has found his or her party and is off enjoying it instead of posting here?

Im sure most people dont give a rats.

Most people should, maybe. The owners of the most powerful political, economic, and war machine in the history of life on earth...

has been pushed back by American commoners. Tell the world, this is no small thing.

The cheating was coast to coast and the Republicans still lost the House and as of this time, maybe the Senate. Also, many governor's races and smaller profile races.

Subpoena power to investigate conservative Republican misdeeds is possible now. Enjoy the show planet earth, and smile as David strides toward Goliath.