The 600 baht Thai pensions scheme for over 60s may end

My breakfast sometimes cost 600 baht....

i light my fags wit 500's if im feeling mean

That could be in many countries be a punishable thing, but surely so I think in TH with its draconian laws, if you remember who is on the note shown. blink.png

My gf qualifies for this in the next 7 months and she calls it a pension but I don`t actually know if it`s a pension or an allowance. All I know that it`s the 600 baht a month handout the over 60s get.

A 60 yr old g/f ?

Really ?

Why so surprised? I'm 73,and my Thai GF is 50. She knocks the socks off many 35 year olds.

Anyway,what on earth would I do with an airhead 25 year old Thai woman?

Hey maybe he left his wife who was a complete nightmare and these two people found love in each other. It happens.

At least he's not dating a girl young enough to be his daughter or worse, granddaughter!

That is, can be, just a normal aging process if you live long enough and you stay with the same woman for decades.

So, also a 90 year old can come to a 60 year "old"? Girlfriend.

Even when it started with her 20 and him 50. lol tongue.png

No reason to marry for some, or as I know a few, they cannot as they still married in their home country. wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

Shhhhh!!

Don't tell the Expats of this - - they will complain about discrimination and that they should get it too - - the money probably comes from the 20 baht that they get ripped off at National Parks...

That's nothing...now Bang Pa-In palace, that is ripping off the rich farang!

Won't affect many people then if it does go ahead.

To call 600 baht a month a pension is an absolute joke in itself.

The PM or some government official is making a trip to Russia to kick the tires of their airplanes. The money has to come from somewhere. I suspect they are looking at the 30 baht card as well. Its when they say its off the table that it is a done deal. Thai double speak.

Thai pension is 500 (five hundred) Baht, not 600.

I think you'll find it increases with age though.

If over 99 and accompanied by both parents at the local amphur one can expect to receive 1000 baht a month.

There the only people I'd consider giving credit to.
Yes your right older people know how to handle money. As we pass and the younger people inherit things they run to the bank for every silly loan imaginable. Thats why we are in trouble. I think they should do a poll on this topic. The government is really showing its true colors on this one.

Am I wrong here or is the UK government not lowering thereOAP money and at same time making its people work untill there just about ready to die. Maybe look and take issue with own systems before trying to change other countries systems.

Am I wrong here or is the UK government not lowering thereOAP money and at same time making its people work untill there just about ready to die. Maybe look and take issue with own systems before trying to change other countries systems.

I don't know about lowering the amount but the pension age is increasing for several reasons,firstly people are living longer so therefor there is more burden on the system coupled with the ludicrous generosity of the current and former governments intent on handing out free social security and health care to all and sundry who manage to come to live in the land of plenty.

Please don't give all this take a look at your own systems lark,this is Thai visa forum and the main objective is for expats and locals alike to discuss,chat criticise and disagree about mostly Thailand related issues especially in the general forum or a news related article.

The system in Thailand is pitiful and an ever increasing divide is evident,the issues lie with the people who are intent on being the ruling minority not with the majority of the people,it's high time the Thai people stood up for them selves and ousted these ruling elite.

People in the UK especially fought hard and long after years of discrimination in the work place and against the ruling elite for better standards of living,education,social housing and health care some countries even went as far as staging revolutions,something that is long over due in Thailand.

Thai people need to man up and take heed of the situation that they are in,instead they role over like a soppy dog with this Mai Pen Rai attitude.

It's high time the country was dragged from the dark ages into the modern era for the better of the nation and especially its people who have suffered and continue to do so long enough.

Edited by stoneyboy

I don't know about lowering the amount but the pension age is increasing for several reasons,firstly people are living longer so therefor there is more burden on the system coupled with the ludicrous generosity of the current and former governments intent on handing out free social security and health care to all and sundry who manage to come to live in the land of plenty.

Please don't give all this take a look at your own systems lark,this is Thai visa forum and the main objective is for expats and locals alike to discuss,chat criticise and disagree about mostly Thailand related issues especially in the general forum or a news related article.

The system in Thailand is pitiful and an ever increasing divide is evident,the issues lie with the people who are intent on being the ruling minority not with the majority of the people,it's high time the Thai people stood up for them selves and ousted these ruling elite.

People in the UK especially fought hard and long after years of discrimination in the work place and against the ruling elite for better standards of living,education,social housing and health care some countries even went as far as staging revolutions,something that is long over due in Thailand.

Thai people need to man up and take heed of the situation that they are in,instead they role over like a soppy dog with this Mai Pen Rai attitude.

It's high time the country was dragged from the dark ages into the modern era for the better of the nation and especially its people who have suffered and continue to do so long enough.

Rant over !!! In your opinion of course Ps I am thai lady and do stand up for myself but people on here don't like that. I said UK lowering money to its own people I do not care if they let whoever in that's there problem not mine so your little rant about land of plenty is irrelevant to this thread Edited by jeab1980

Rant over !!! In your opinion as a guessed thank you

Sorry I'm not a guest.

I'm sitting comfortably in my home in the UK.

But do feel free to add something more constructive to the discussion rather than baiting expats about being a guest in your country.

Rant over !!! In your opinion as a guessed thank you
Sorry I'm not a guest.

I'm sitting comfortably in my home in the UK.

But do feel free to add something more constructive to the discussion rather than baiting expats about being a guest in your country.

I not say guest posted when still typing. Glad your comfortable in your country as am I in My country. Diffrence is this thread is about pensions for Thai I was mealy stating the UK is doing the same as my government looking to cut money. You may feel we are in the dark ages that is your opinion and your welcome to it. I do feel however you look at Thailand with a blinkered TV posters conception and that's my opinion and I'm welcome to it as well.

Shhhhh!!

Don't tell the Expats of this - - they will complain about discrimination and that they should get it too - - the money probably comes from the 20 baht that they get ripped off at National Parks...

The Thai government are not concerned because most expats have a habit of falling off high buildings or being murdered by ladyboys before they reach pensionable age.

Thai pension is 500 (five hundred) Baht, not 600. Source: my wife's parents each get 500 Baht every month here in the Esaan. Not her father anymore, he passed away last December aged 83.

Aged pension rates are 600 Bhat for over 60s; 700 Bhat for over 70s; 800 Bhat for over 80s, etc.Suggest Dario pays a visit to his local Tambon/Amphur office to enquire.

Aged pension is the only government pension in Thailand.

No single parent pension.

No widows pension.

No rental subsidiary.

No compulsory child support from estranged fathers.

Etc.

This is not a walfer state like UK or Australia etc.

Sure some working children help out their parents, as they do in the welfer states, but most here are on a minimum wage of 300 Bhat/day or less this is a pittance.

Over to the Thai knockers.

Thai pension is 500 (five hundred) Baht, not 600. Source: my wife's parents each get 500 Baht every month here in the Esaan. Not her father anymore, he passed away last December aged 83.

Aged pension rates are 600 Bhat for over 60s; 700 Bhat for over 70s; 800 Bhat for over 80s, etc.Suggest Dario pays a visit to his local Tambon/Amphur office to enquire.

No widows pension.

No rental subsidiary.

Etc.

Sure some working children help out their parents, as they do in the welfer states, but most here are on a minimum wage of 300 Bhat/day or less this is a pittance.

It's not about knocking Thais,with a population of I believe over 65 million why isn't the standard of living improving for its poorest of people,why aren't they fighting for increased pensions,social security or better education ?

Many posters my self included actually have Thai children and only want the best for this great nation and its people yet when we talk about wanting to improve the place we get met with a barrage of this is not the UK or elsewhere,I'm fully aware of that and it will take time.

The ironic thing is many of Thailand's expat population live and spend the same very pension money from the west that Thai people don't have recourse to.

Could you imagine the mass exodus if Thai nationals were afforded the same travel rights and retirement options as their western counterparts as well as government pensions in the 30,000 a month range it wouldn't all be Larb moo and see sip would it.

No widows pension.

No rental subsidiary.

Etc.

It's not about knocking Thais,with a population of I believe over 65 million why isn't the standard of living improving for its poorest of people,why aren't they fighting for increased pensions,social security or better education ?

Many posters my self included actually have Thai children and only want the best for this great nation and its people yet when we talk about wanting to improve the place we get met with a barrage of this is not the UK or elsewhere,I'm fully aware of that and it will take time.

The ironic thing is many of Thailand's expat population live and spend the same very pension money from the west that Thai people don't have recourse to.

Could you imagine the mass exodus if Thai nationals were afforded the same travel rights and retirement options as their western counterparts as well as government pensions in the 30,000 a month range it wouldn't all be Larb moo and see sip would it.

I think economically Thailand`s prosperity has improved a great deal if comparing how it was 20, 30, 40 and 50 years ago. Much has changed since I`ve been here. When I was kid can recall that people were staving in China and in this part of the world, just like how some parts of Africa and India is today. Conditions have improved a lot.

Not all people in the UK and white man lands have good pensions. Some are living from hand to mouth on state pensions with nothing in the bank considered on the poverty line in England. It`s only the lucky minority that have enough money and decent pension schemes to be able to go and live abroad. I know a lot of people stuck in a rut in England, would love to get out but don`t have enough savings and cash flow to do so.

Shhhhh!!

The Thai government are not concerned because most expats have a habit of falling off high buildings or being murdered by ladyboys before they reach pensionable age.

MOST expats - are part of the pattaya flyers club? Really ! - I must be very out of touch...

My breakfast sometimes cost 600 baht....

Overweight?

Naahh, it's the Champagne and the salmon plus the black caviar....

Oh yes. Thumbs up. A shandy of champers and oj for breakfast starts the day really well!