Singapore O

I need to get a new 0, I have Thai born baby, married. Are they offering multiples? Know of an agent that can be called to verify?

Thanks,

Yes, they are. I got mine on Oct 8 - One year non-immigrant O multi-entry

You can email them - check the Royal Thai Singapore website for the contact email address - or search this forum - it's been posted here before.

I have been thinking more and maybe the 90 day border runs wont be too bad compared to the 1 year extension -

wiring in the $$$ , then waiting 3 months and all the trips to immigration, dealing with them,

jumping through hoops, facing the hairy eyeballs then getting the extension.

Myself i am just going to fly out to Phnom Penh and stay for 4 days at the Walkabout, so i

can call it a mini CG hunt. I guess i'll call it hunting season and going on a safari into the

wilds, like Marlin Perkins. Or i could go to Snooky and pretend i am Jaques Cousteau, hmmmm.....

I figure i will need to save/budget 7,000 baht a month.

take care

nam

I have been thinking more and maybe the 90 day border runs wont be too bad compared to the 1 year extension...Myself i am just going to fly out to Phnom Penh and stay for 4 days at the Walkabout...

And what type of visa do you get at the Thai consulate in Phnom Penh every 90 days, with what supporting documents?

---------------

Maestro

Maestro, I will get my 1year multi entry in the US and just going to phnom penh for pleasure and then

get stamped/new entry activated back in on return flight. My wife wont go, she thinks Cams cook

up Thais in big pots, she was taught this in her village :o

I think it would be easier just running to the airport, jumping on a plane, having a little holiday

then returning than say doing an all day visa run to Poi pet or mae sai and dealing with the

crooks on both sides of the border and a whole day of driving.

Any other ideas for an easy run?

thanks

nam

I will get my 1year multi entry in the US and just going to phnom penh for pleasure and then

get stamped/new entry activated back in on return flight. My wife wont go... Any other ideas for an easy run?

That’s the way to go for people married to a Thai wife but who do not want to go the annual extension route.

To break the monotony, fly to other places in the region such as Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Manila (just don’t bother to apply for a visa there), Myanmar, Kathmandu, etc.

Besides consulates in your home country, other consulates recently reported to be issuing multiple-entry non-O visas to men married to a Thai wife are Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. Whether and how long this will last is anybody’s guess.

I guess the young child in your avatar is yours, and that you yourself are not that old, below 50. For anybody above 50 with a Thai child of any age, please note that under the new rules you can get an annual extension without proof of income or money in the bank: rule 7.17(5) of Police Order 606/2006.

---------------

Maestro

Edited by maestro

Maestro, yes worse case i will have to fly back to the US every 15 months for a new multi

if local embassies clam up and i think they will as the "go home farang" crackdown kicks into gear.

Yes i will try different countries, i will post my (mis)adventures if anyones intersted.

thanks

nam

I am not the year visa holder. But I spend about 5-6 months in Asia a year, make base in Bangkok, and other 6-7 months in Brasil. I love these side trips from BKK. I go for a 3-4 day trips and then come back to my service apt in BKK for a week or less and then can't wait to make next little trip.

Currently I go to Yangon more often. Very nice scenery. Very nice different kind of nightlife too, the less spoiled kind, you know what I mean. :o I used to go Phnom Penh a lot too, but tired of the riding motodops everywhere and tired of the same same Martini, Sharky, but some new places like Mikado, Le Cyrcee are quite fun. If you male visa tripers make it to PP, don't forget to try Sophi's bar. :D

Other short good little visa trips without wifes or TGs are Manila, Vientiane, Macau, and a bit longer Chengdu, Shenzen in China. I recently discovered night China. Kind of addicted to it. I will go to Chengdu with a friend next week for some China nights. At first when I discovered China, I was surprised what it has to offer. It makes very good little visa trip away from wifes. Ok, small visa trips with wifies, take them HK or Singapore. If you have kids, HK disneyland.

I got a 1 year Non O from Singapore 2 weeks ago. They say they only need a copy of your marriage cert but also take copies of your wifes ID card, household and just get her to type a letter inviting you to stay with her, just in case they ask for more. Take $220 SGD only payable in cash and 1 passport photo, as well as your passport. Drop application of between 9-12:15 one day and pick it up between 2-4:30pm the next afternoon. Dont use a visa agent there, you are wasting your money coz you dont need one at that Embassy. If you take your wife and original marriage cert to show as well, they will be very impressed and maybe they wont even ask you for the copies of the doccuments............................thats what happened to us. Good luck!

I got my first 1 year Non O 2 years ago from the Thai consulates in Brisbane Oz without being married. I told them I was engaged and that I wanted to live with my fiance in Thailand for a while before getting married, and I got the visa. There are many different circumstances you can get a non O for. Its best to call the embassy and speak to someone on the phone, because thats the only way you will know.....................................

Singapore are still issuing multi non-imm O visas. Just got mine yesterday (8th Nov.)

Only document I had to show was photocopy of marriage certificate. They didn't even want to see the original to compare it to. It's never been easier in all the 17 years of visa trips.

Airfare cost me 5,600b r/t with Finnair and 10,000b for visa, hotel (2 nights), food, transport etc.

Edited by Gazza

Thanks Gazza.

Singapore are still issuing multi non-imm O visas. Just got mine yesterday (8th Nov.)

Only document I had to show was photocopy of marriage certificate. They didn't even want to see the original to compare it to. It's never been easier in all the 17 years of visa trips.

Airfare cost me 5,600b r/t with Finnair and 10,000b for visa, hotel (2 nights), food, transport etc.

If you are not married, But you have a child from a thai national you can obtain one no problem.

hmm if i am just a individual? the only way would be the tourist visas x2 extention, followed by 3 visa runs, and round and round again ?