What is your legal status if you are between 50 and 65 years old?(please, serious answers only)

returnofthailand

I've been retired since I was 50 but I wont receive any pension until I'm 68 (if I'm lucky).

I always put "retired" on forms (when I dont put "Jedi Knight").

As to what my legal status is: I neither know nor care. I am what I am. Those who dont like it can @%$! themselves.

uk taxman might beg to differ though.............u must be 51 i get mine at 67...............for now, until they move the posts again to 70

I am 56 next month, mine is 'scheduled' for 66 and 3 months.

You have no legal status in Thailand unless your PR or a citizen

Irrespective of what visa or extension your on, your still a "tourist" in terms of legal status in Thailand

"Irrespective of what visa or extension your [sic] on, your [sic] still a "tourist" in terms of legal status in Thailand "

Nonsense. Obviously you are not a citizen in Thailand, but you could have a legal "temporary stay" immigration status other than "tourist."

In any case, your comment is off topic since the O/P was asking:

what will be my status with my home country when I turn 50 in Thailand.
Edited by Suradit69

I've been retired since I was 50 but I wont receive any pension until I'm 68 (if I'm lucky).

......u must be 51 i get mine at 67...............for now, until they move the posts again to 70

I am 56 next month, mine is 'scheduled' for 66 and 3 months.

That all seemed odd so I just checked mine again. It now says 66. Bizarre.

I have a slightly better chance of making that rendezvous.

I suspect that the only "legal status" your home country cares about is "taxpayer".

in my country(EU country) I 'm a citizen and non resident, and I don't have to pay tax or even file application. I m off of their radar.

for Thailand I m a tourist residing in Europe and I don't have to pay or file tax.

when I will be 50, I guess I will be authorized to stay and spend my money in Thailand. No tax to pay.

what is called your O visa?

Edited by returnofthailand

Irrespective of what visa or extension your on, your still a "tourist" in terms of legal status in Thailand

slight thread hijack.... so you are saying iam a tourist with a work permit ?

Yes and so am i, so get off your high horse and you will note i put "tourist" in inverted commas

You have both missed the point, or failed to read the OP, The question is about status in his HOME country, nothing to with Thailand.

I would suggest ' not employed' unless income is being generated from a pension then 'retired' could apply.

slight thread hijack.... so you are saying iam a tourist with a work permit ?

Yes and so am i, so get off your high horse and you will note i put "tourist" in inverted commas

You have both missed the point, or failed to read the OP, The question is about status in his HOME country, nothing to with Thailand.

I would suggest ' not employed' unless income is being generated from a pension then 'retired' could apply.

Well Mr smarty pants, whats his HOME country then ?...as without knowing his home country one cannot comment on his status can one, and its not enough to say " EU country"

but seeing as this is thailand forum one can comment on his status in Thailand

Edited by Koosdedooes

"Irrespective of what visa or extension your [sic] on, your [sic] still a "tourist" in terms of legal status in Thailand "

Nonsense. Obviously you are not a citizen in Thailand, but you could have a legal "temporary stay" immigration status other than "tourist."

In any case, your comment is off topic since the O/P was asking:

what will be my status with my home country when I turn 50 in Thailand.

Not nonsense by a long stretch, to aquire legal status in Thailand or any other country for that matter, one has to aquire or have citizenship or a permanent resident status, anything other than that, you are temporary visitor or "tourist" if you wish, which infers no legal status in country Edited by Koosdedooes

hello to all.

I would like to know what will be my status with my home country when I turn 50 in Thailand.

I wont be retired because I wont receive any retirement benefits from my state.

I wont be tourist or long term tourist because I will be on a O visa with permit to stay in Thailand.

I wont be a worker, nor a student...

I wont be a resident of Thailand because apparently I need work 3 years in Thailand.

I am not a digital nomad...

So what will I be? what do I write under the occupation, status... question?

Unemployed..

hello to all.

I would like to know what will be my status with my home country when I turn 50 in Thailand.

I wont be retired because I wont receive any retirement benefits from my state.

I wont be tourist or long term tourist because I will be on a O visa with permit to stay in Thailand.

I wont be a worker, nor a student...

I wont be a resident of Thailand because apparently I need work 3 years in Thailand.

I am not a digital nomad...

Unemployed..

Sexpat ?

thumbsup.gif just write "human being:.

That will confuse all of them.

As Kris Kriftofferson sings. "Don't let the Bastards get you down".

P.S. send your Christmas cards out to your friends in July.....that confuses the hell out of them.

Not in Oz we celebrate Christmas in July gigglem.gifgigglem.gif

hello to all.

Thailand Butt Pirate!!

If you plan on never working again, put:

RETIRED..

If the form you're filling out, is a job application back in the States or where ever, put:

UNEMPLOYED

It's up to you..

<p>

Simple Definition of retired

• : not working anymore : having ended your working or professional career

"Common Sense"

The basic ability to perceive, understand, and judge things..

"That most will agree on"..

Those with no common sense!!

Will believe their temp job was a career, ending when they quit, or was fired from it!

Professional sports players retire at any age...