biometric for further leave to remain

hi, my thai husband has received his new passport which we got from uk. we are now applying for a further leave to remain visa, which is asking for us to go to the post office and get a biometric residence permit.wont this be on his passport? or do we need to get a separate one. thankyou

The post office only takes the biometric data, on production of the letter you received from UKVI after applying for the visa. At a charge of £19.20 I think. It's UKVI that issue the BRP if the visa application is successful. It's like a credit card. Nothing goes into the passport.

Edited by TCA

just to confirm. i rang the home office, you apply for your further leave to remain as normal and they will send you a form in 2 weeks to complete biometric data at the post office. although i,m not sure why they want this as my husbands fingerprints and photos were taken when we got a new passport.

Not sure what you mean. Presumably your husband has a Thai passport, which you're saying was issued by the Thai Embassy in the UK? If so, that has nothing to do with UK immigration procedures. Am I missing something?