Farm that uses Aquaponics in/near Phuket?

hitthegroundrunning

Hi there,

After reading a slightly worrying article in the BP about 'organic' foods in supermarkets that are mostly covered in chemicals, I got to thinking about sourcing organic veggies grown in an aquaponic system. I know there are many enthusiasts out there, but does anyone know of a farm in or near Phuket that grows veggies using aquaponics?

Any help appreciated.

HTGR

Hi there,

After reading a slightly worrying article in the BP about 'organic' foods in supermarkets that are mostly covered in chemicals, I got to thinking about sourcing organic veggies grown in an aquaponic system. I know there are many enthusiasts out there, but does anyone know of a farm in or near Phuket that grows veggies using aquaponics?

Any help appreciated.

HTGR

And you accept BP as an authoritative source?... How long have you been here?....

go on FB and search meta hydroponics... They are in Phuket town but I trust the people who run it.

Alternatively there is a place up in the road down from the airport... Near the Thanyapura turn off that advertises organic veg. They have been there a number of years.

It is time that Phuket got its own Royal Projects shop. We have one in Pattaya and there are 2 in the airport in BKK... One in domestic departures and the other is opposite the airport rail link travelators as you come in to the basement floor.

They are cheap, seasonal, and for a good cause.

I remember another one from years ago when I was exploring the island.
It is somewhere between the Heroine's monument and the gibbon rehab center on the north side of the road.
Not sure it is right on the road, but perhaps was on one of the side roads.

That was about 5 years ago.
Don't know if it's still there.

Good luck in your search.

Go through the junction at Central heading south on Chao Fa (do not go through the underpass) & there is a group of shops on the left next to Dara Hotel about 100m from the traffic lights. One shop has an Organics sign. They are likely the cheapest in town & the certification of their organic produce is world class. Alternatively if coming from the south side take the U turn before the lights.

Archived