Weatherman predicts heavy rains throughout the week

webfact

Weatherman predicts heavy rains throughout the week

2016-05-19_TopChart_19-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Meteorological Department issued a warning for people in all parts of the country, including Bangkok, to brace for more rains as well as heavy rains during May 19-25 and impacts from storm which is expected to hit Bangladesh and Myanmar during the period.

40-60 percent of Bangkok and peripherals are anticipated to be hit by rains and heavy rains plus strong winds in some parts during May 20-25. Highest temperatures rang from 33C to 37C while lowest temperatures range from 25C to 27C.

In the North, rains are expected to cover 10-30 percent of total areas with the mercury expected to rise up to 37C or 41C during May 19-20. More rains are anticipate during May 20-25 with rains covering 40-60 percent of total areas.

In the northeastern region, 10-30 percent of the total areas are anticipated to be lashed with rains and gusty winds during May 19-21. But during 22-25, rains are expected to cover 30-40 percent of the total areas.

For the Central Plains, 30-40 percent of the total areas will have rains during May 19-20. Heavy rains are anticipated during May 21-25 covering 40-60 percent of total areas.

60-70 percent of the eastern region will face heavy rains during May 20-25.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/164005

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-20

Does TAT present the weather nowadays?

I think so, as there has been a lot more weather this year than last. Data shows that it will continue to increase all year, especially from China and India, reaching record levels. Figures on the increase in revenue from this weather are currently being made up.

Throughout the Western world, meteorology and baseball are the two professions, where you can be wrong 70% of the time, and still make alot of money. It may not apply here, as the salaries are notoriously low. But, it appears that a limited amount of talent is required to be a weatherman. How could they be wrong so often?

I have just had a bet, online, that it won't rain this week.

Looking forward to spending the winnings. smile.png

You'd lose here. Had heavy rain in Somdet (Kalasin) this morning. And my phone tells me we have thunderstorms or rain for the next week with the max temperature falling to 29.

You'd lose here. Had heavy rain in Somdet (Kalasin) this morning. And my phone tells me we have thunderstorms or rain for the next week with the max temperature falling to 29.

Yes, I hear the same stories from people in surrounding areas.

Apart from one storm a few days ago, Khon Kaen has had relatively little.

Looking forward to spending the winnings. :)

Currently pissing it down here in the South.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

And we all know phones are both infallible, and never wrong. Do not count on the weatherman. Ever. Hope and pray for rain, but do not count on them to forecast it.

it's funny....on my phone there is installed AccuWeather.com. Whenever I check the weather forecast it predicts rain for the following day. But then, when the day comes, it will be delayed to the next. And so on.,

For what they need here a forecast anyway if it is so unreliable...?