Sisaket Rocket Fest to kick off in May

webfact

Sisaket Rocket Fest to kick off in May

SISAKET, 20 May 2016 (NNT) – The northeastern province of Sisaket has held a press conference, announcing the upcoming Rocket Festival.

The activity will be held under the theme “Fun without alcohol and gambling”. The organizers expect the event to showcase and conserve the unique culture of Sisaket, build a cheerful ambiance, forge unity among locals, and promote tourism.

Firing home-made rockets into the sky is an ancient ritual performed by northeasterners to worship the deity of rain, which is essential to local agriculture. The Rocket Festival is held at the beginning of the rainy season.

The event will take place behind Rasisalai District Office between May 27 and 28.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-05-20 footer_n.gif

For those who aren't familiar with the area, Rasi Salai is about 45 km away from Sisaket.

http://google-maps.pro/satellite/Rasi_Salai#15.341485,104.154024,18

The activity will be held under the theme “Fun with alcohol and gambling”. The organizers expect the event to showcase and conserve the unique culture of Sisaket, build cheerful ambulance cars, forge fights among locals, and promote Lhao Kao. thumbsup.gif

post-158336-0-93390500-1463727818_thumb.

For those who aren't familiar with the area, Rasi Salai is about 45 km away from Sisaket.

The activity will be held under the theme “Fun with alcohol and gambling”. The organizers expect the event to showcase and conserve the unique culture of Sisaket, build cheerful ambulance cars, forge fights among locals, and promote Lhao Kao. thumbsup.gif

Methinks that you have already been there ! clap2.gif

You don't get jokes easily, do you?

Ah Yes ,every year they seem to try to out do the previous year in violence and mayhem in Sisaket.,and you are right about the Lhao Kao but with yaba being added.The bet this year is how many will be stabbed as compared to gun shot.

which is better - sisaket or kuchanarai for fireworks? They fall on the same weekend this year don't they? Any advice which to choose? I only want answers from firework lovers and enthusiasts of Thai culture - no Thai haters need reply. Your mediocrity and racism bores me. But firework fans- I'd love your advice!

Please note I mean the fireworks in kuchanarai town not Kuddwa up the road which are a week earlier and are round.

The activity will be held under the theme Fun with alcohol and gambling. The organizers expect the event to showcase and conserve the unique culture of Sisaket, build cheerful ambulance cars, forge fights among locals, and promote Lhao Kao. thumbsup.gif

Ah Yes ,every year they seem to try to out do the previous year in violence and mayhem in Sisaket.,and you are right about the Lhao Kao but with yaba being added.The bet this year is how many will be stabbed as compared to gun shot.
Nonsense. Why not come here before you make comments and judgements? Have you ever been to this in country apart from the headlines in your mind?

I'm living in the capital city where Rasi belongs to since 15 years. Wouldn't it be a shame if I wouldn't know Rasi Salai ( 40 km away), its people and of course the Bang Fai that was usually held near the bridge?

I've only changed the text a little bit because I like to smile. Methinks you're one of the guys who only smiles when others cry. Congrats !! clap2.gif

which is better - sisaket or kuchanarai for fireworks? They fall on the same weekend this year don't they? Any advice which to choose? I only want answers from firework lovers and enthusiasts of Thai culture - no Thai haters need reply. Your mediocrity and racism bores me. But firework fans- I'd love your advice!

Please note I mean the fireworks in kuchanarai town not Kuddwa up the road which are a week earlier and are round.

I've never heard of Kuchanarai. Can you be a little bit more precise, please?

Thanks for your post as this forum is full of Thai bashing guys living here for 10 + years and can't even order a noodle soup when wifey is with gig and complain about the Thais' poor English skills?

Doesn't make much sense to me.

It's really time that a big clean up of Thai haters starts. Why living here when people hate almost everything?

I've never heard of Kuchanarai. Can you be a little bit more precise, please?

Thanks for your post as this forum is full of Thai bashing guys living here for 10 + years and can't even order a noodle soup when wifey is with gig and complain about the Thais' poor English skills?

Doesn't make much sense to me.

It's really time that a big clean up of Thai haters starts. Why living here when people hate almost everything?

I think they would be miserable, negative old b*ggers wherever they live, that's why.

They load their rockets wit Jabba? That's why they fly that high........blink.png

Have you ever seen somebody stabbed in Rasi, or even a gunshot wound? I was there a couple of time and never saw some "stabbers."

Let me guess, you're living in an igloo in Alaska, right?

Are there hotels in Rasa Salai? What day are the fireworks?

There're hotels, if full you can easily get one in Sisaket.

Between May 27th and 28th according to: http://thainews.prd.go.th/CenterWeb/NewsEN/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNECO5905200010016

Or even Uthonphon Pisai as its just as near/far.

It's Uthumphon Phisai and you can visit me when I attach one of my students to a rocket to set an example. thumbsup.gif

Are there really hotels? ..

• 1 month later...

200yrds or so past big c heading in the direction of the big service station , you will see a small Lane.. 20 yrds around the b3nd of the lane is the hotel ... it has a laundry service and the cabins and rooms are clean and well kept with all mod cons. I will try and get on Google maps and get back to you once I get the name of the hotel

Archived