Thai girlfriend asks to borrow money (in US)

12 recommendations for a partnership and love with Thai GF or BF in Thailand

(a bitter summary after 3 decades with Thais in Thailand and abroad)

After reading your 30-year rules its obvious you still dont have a clue about life and people.

Yes, I agree that I was too naive, did not protect my self enough, being too generous, having too much compassion and empathy, believing in love, trust too easily. However, some points of my statement are not my own experience but observed from friends. In the future I try to do better with more self-restrictions and less engagement what is difficult for a man with ideals as I am.

Edited by AlfonsV

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broke down in tears, right on cue, just like a movie or soap opera. I have little doubt her Thai girlfriends have been encouraging her to get some cash out of you.

++++ I ever experienced similarly

Over the years there have emerged some great signature scams, like Arab traders telling tales of having to battle dragons to get spices, Nigerians on the verge of a fortune but need $$ for a lawyer, etc. Add the Thai lady "lub you too mutt/sick water buffalo" cash extraction scam.

++++ cheesy.gif

12 recommendations for a partnership and love with Thai GF or BF in Thailand

(a bitter summary after 3 decades with Thais in Thailand and abroad)

1) Lent / borrowed money you will never get back with rare exceptions among high educated people

2) Be prepared that even after years of "good" partnership (married or not) you get surprised and wake up by several shocks on the day when the partner left, the car disappeared, the bank accounts are empty, the house is sold (or occupied by another farang during a visit in your home country), the golden necklace is gone etc. etc.

3) Love without money issues does not exists even if it's a harmonic long term relationship (an adult Thai told me)

4) Be very careful to open a shop or restaurant for a Thai as they regularly change their mind, are bored and having a new "better" idea, are not organized, cannot pay back loans, business goes bad and collapse (also due to jealous competitors who open a similar shop next), entertain customers and friends, start to drink etc etc

5) Never ever act as guarantor for sb

6) Set a budget for your own living and a financial limit for his / her lifestyle, which includes cosmetics, lottery, temple donations, family support etc. Do it early but not when daily life already became chaotic.

7) Take out a health insurance for your partner which covers illness and accidents. It’s for your own safety.

8) Enjoy the present with your partner as long as it works and is satisfying but do not trust their charming nature, their smile or their promises (at the moment they may believe it themselves or it is pure calculation, however promises are soap bubbles and nobody cares about).

9) Thais act as “adult” children, to lie is a sin in the temple but common in daily life. “Traditionally” here is a very low threshold to lie and few feelings of guilt to do even it’s the fourth of the five Buddhist precepts.

10) If Thai people feel the end of the relation is coming (because love shifted to someone else or sex is not so important anymore or they got enough from what they expected or because you shorten the money because of growing expenses that kills you) ... then they find enough reasons (with a dramatic scenario for instance or with a true or invented family story) to leave and left you shocked, angry, disappointed, fleeced and even feeling guilty.

11) Never underestimate the influence of their family in the background. The family wins over your partnership and love even your partner had some problems with his/her family in the past. Family usually is a holy myth and a farang is is a farang.

12) Ask yourself to which degree you are corrupted by the Thai sweetness, their body and their "easy" life style because of a lack in your present or past life in your home country and in your biography.

3) Love without money issues does not exists even if it's a harmonic long term relationship (an adult Thai told me)

An adult Thai told me that I'm the most handsome man on this planet.

(She's now waiting for me to pass away to get the Titanium of my artificial knee joint, the rest is already spent) bah.gif

Has anyone received this scam attempt? Sorry if I'm posting it where it doesn't belong. A Filipina travel agent said that she screwed up a client's trip, she was on the hook for the money, and asked me to borrow $1,000 U.S. It took me zero seconds to decide "no." I never saw her again.

Now she's a single mom living in squalor with her parents and child. Apparently Filipino guys like to procreate and run, too.

I would turn the tables on her,tell her you have someone who can get a visa extension for a couple of grand,then hop on a plane to Pattaya ordering a bottle of champagne and laughing all the way at how you scammed the scammer!