WHY? - It has to change!

Andaman Al

After just watching 3 Finals this weekend, all the drama, all the money, all the consequences, and many many wrong decisions it has to be time we had video refereeing, Tens of millions are at risk at the least, there is no reason why we do not use technology to unmask the false dives and fouls, decisions made by referees and linesmen out of position. We are all treated to the reality of what happened in a penalty decision or foul within seconds of it happening, there are camera's everywhere, and why players thing they can punch, push, grab shirts without it being seen is beyond me.

There is simply too much at stake in these games to allow human error to occur without any form of checking mechanism in the game. Many will say it ruins the flow of the game, but they live with it in every other sport now. Even if you just had a certain number of occasions, 5 each for example where you could request a video ref to rule on an occurrence based on reality. Many many games, championships and as the Brits know, World Cups have been lost on decisions that if reviewed to show reality would have had completely different outcomes. For example, it is ridiculous for the TV viewer to be able to plainly see a dive or that someone was clearly offside during multi angle replays, yet the ref is denied the opportunity to see such information. Human error or fatigue on the part of the ref can easily put him out of position or to be unsighted. It is madness.

Any thoughts?

Naw I enjoy the whinging far too much.

In fairness, Bredders is the leading advocate (only when his team would benefit though <heh>).

I think you will find "in fairness" on this forum the split is maybe 50-50 across various supporters for those in favour and against video technology. But if we take ourselves out of the small ThaiVisa world and into the big bad world, 13 countries have expressed their interest in trialling the technology. Surely Man City haven't influenced all of them!!

Thirteen countries are interested in trialling the scheme and English FA chief executive Martin Glenn said both the English and Scottish FAs are keen but knows the process still faces challenges.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10192598/video-technology-trials-given-go-ahead-by-ifab-as-football-laws-are-revised

Naw I enjoy the whinging far too much.

In fairness, Bredders is the leading advocate (only when his team would benefit though <heh>).

I think you will find "in fairness" on this forum the split is maybe 50-50 across various supporters for those in favour and against video technology. But if we take ourselves out of the small ThaiVisa world and into the big bad world, 13 countries have expressed their interest in trialling the technology. Surely Man City haven't influenced all of them!!

Thirteen countries are interested in trialling the scheme and English FA chief executive Martin Glenn said both the English and Scottish FAs are keen but knows the process still faces challenges.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10192598/video-technology-trials-given-go-ahead-by-ifab-as-football-laws-are-revised

Having watched the Turkey match last night I'm all for it in the Turkish league.

But that will make their games as long as NFL matches.

blink.png

Some enterprising bunch of anoraks put together a league table based on goals that would have been given if correct penalty/offside decisions were given based on video evidence.

In their revised league table Arsenal would have won the league and Man City would have come 5th.

And even for all that, I still oppose it.

Guarenteed that teams will use it to break up play.

Some enterprising bunch of anoraks put together a league table based on goals that would have been given if correct penalty/offside decisions were given based on video evidence.

In their revised league table Arsenal would have won the league and Man City would have come 5th.

Team's won't get involved !

Just have a 2nd referee watching on a TV screen, ref see's a tackle for example that he isn't sure about, just ses to the 2nd ref "foul or not" he answers one of "yes,no, not sure"( should take approx 1-2 secs with no stoppage unless necessary) not 100% but no doubt the the 2nd ref could see an infringement that the ref has missed. If you want to take it one step further, the 2nd ref can replay anything he is unsure about and advise the Ref, still no teams involved.

Just have a 2nd referee watching on a TV screen, ref see's a tackle for example that he isn't sure about, just ses to the 2nd ref "foul or not" he answers one of "yes,no, not sure"( should take approx 1-2 secs with no stoppage unless necessary) not 100% but no doubt the the 2nd ref could see an infringement that the ref has missed. If you want to take it one step further, the 2nd ref can replay anything he is unsure about and advise the Ref, still no teams involved.

As shown in cricket, umpires now often abdicate their responsibility to make a decision and go to the video umpire.

it doesn't matter in cricket because it's slow as ferk anyway.

As shown in cricket, umpires now often abdicate their responsibility to make a decision and go to the video umpire.

In cricket the game is held up while he looks at the replay, in this idea the game doesn't get held up unless either the ref or 2nd ref see an infringement, what's slow about that ?

In cricket the game is held up while he looks at the replay, in this idea the game doesn't get held up unless either the ref or 2nd ref see an infringement, what's slow about that ?

So the ref doesn't see a foul in the penalty area and the 4th (or 5th?) official does. What's he going to do, radio down and bring back play?

So teams are going to do the same as they do when they make last minute subs - nag the ref the waste some time.

Or nag the ref on the chance that the 4th official will see it differently, which is subjective anyway.

None of you are ever going to convince me this is a good idea, so please don't bother trying.

coffee1.gif

Well you cant change your mind now can you, or you'd lose face biggrin.png

Nothing to do with face, it's to do with turning into a game played by robots, refereed by robots and watched by robots.

whistling.gif

So the ref doesn't see a foul in the penalty area and the 4th (or 5th?) official does. What's he going to do, radio down and bring back play?

So teams are going to do the same as they do when they make last minute subs - nag the ref the waste some time.

Or nag the ref on the chance that the 4th official will see it differently, which is subjective anyway.

None of you are ever going to convince me this is a good idea, so please don't bother trying.

coffee1.gif

Radio down !!! the ref is miked up to the 2nd ref like they are to the lino's, so a player goes down in the box, ref, because he is not sure, ses to the 2nd ref "foul or not" if he ses "foul" ref blows, if he ses "no foul" game just carry's on.

​Probably take 1-2 secs from ref asking, to reply from 2nd ref, ref's sometimes take this long to make decision anyway.

Regarding players nagging the ref, for all they know the 2 refs have already communicated about a decision already, probably be a good idea for the 2 ref's to be in constant dialogue anyway.

i'm not just talking about this for important decisions, how many times do we see on tv a ref give the wrong decision (corner for example) when he obviously hasn't seen who the ball come off of, all he needs to do is ask the 2nd ref.

Yeah that's unreadable on my phone and probably just as well <heh>

Here it is again, wouldn't want you to miss it biggrin.png

Radio down !!! the ref is miked up to the 2nd ref like they are to the lino's, so a player goes down in the box, ref, because he is not sure, ses to the 2nd ref "foul or not" if he ses "foul" ref blows, if he ses "no foul" game just carry's on.

​Probably take 1-2 secs from ref asking, to reply from 2nd ref, ref's sometimes take this long to make decision anyway.

Regarding players nagging the ref, for all they know the 2 refs have already communicated about a decision already, probably be a good idea for the 2 ref's to be in constant dialogue anyway.

i'm not just talking about this for important decisions, how many times do we see on tv a ref give the wrong decision (corner for example) when he obviously hasn't seen who the ball come off of, all he needs to do is ask the 2nd ref.

Well you cant change your mind now can you, or you'd lose face biggrin.png

Nothing to do with face, it's to do with turning into a game played by robots, refereed by robots and watched by robots.

whistling.gif

A typical luddite statement, exaggerating reality to comfort their fear of progress.

Chic, football is not going to turn into a Toyota car plant. Why not let the trials go ahead and then give an honest, unbiased view of the pro's and con's. I know I am in favour of trials but that doesn't mean I want the use of technology at any cost. I only want it if it is a useful tool to achieve fairer decisions and not cause unnecessary delays.

Interesting that Newcastle wouldn't have been relegated but would have finished 12th

There's been nothing interesting about Newcastle this season.
I enjoyed their win last game of the season,you have to admit that was interesting. Edited by NongMalee

Interesting that Newcastle wouldn't have been relegated but would have finished 12th

There's been nothing interesting about Newcastle this season.
I enjoyed their win last game of the season,you have to admit that was interesting.

Ban this fecker immediately. :D