Tourist Visa question - Philippines passport holder

Dear Forum,

My wife extended her tourist visa again at Vientiane on a visa run.

She previously had a 3 month Tourist visa issued from the Thai Embassy in Manila.

She tells me that all the people on the visa run were saying that the Tourist visa she got in Vientiane is good for two months and that she needs to do another visa run to extend for another month (making it a 3 months Tourist visa..)

Can anyone please confirm if this is true?

She holds a Philippines passport.

Thank you for your assistance,

Jack wai2.gif

post-259690-0-04002900-1463974482_thumb.

Edited by j4ckmelbourne

She did not extend her tourist visa she got a new one in Vientiane.

She can apply for a 30 day extension of her 60 day entry from the visa at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht,

• Like 1

• A single entry tourist visa is valid for 3 months meaning you have 3 months from the date it's issued to make the one entry.

On entry you ae granted a 60 day stay, that can be extended by 30 days at an immigration office.

If your wife entered on April 5th she will have permission to stay until June 3rd.

She can apply for the extension of stay any day from Monday May 30th to Friday June 3rd.

Day 1 of the 30 day extension should be June 4th regardless of when she applies.

• Like 1

• A single entry tourist visa is valid for 3 months meaning you have 3 months from the date it's issued to make the one entry.
  • On entry you ae granted a 60 day stay, that can be extended by 30 days at an immigration office.
  • If your wife entered on April 5th she will have permission to stay until June 3rd.
  • She can apply for the extension of stay any day from Monday May 30th to Friday June 3rd.
  • Day 1 of the 30 day extension should be June 4th regardless of when she applies.

What is your source of information of when she can apply for an extension of stay? 2 weeks before the expiry of the stamp would surely be accepted.

• On entry you ae granted a 60 day stay, that can be extended by 30 days at an immigration office.
  • If your wife entered on April 5th she will have permission to stay until June 3rd.
  • She can apply for the extension of stay any day from Monday May 30th to Friday June 3rd.
  • Day 1 of the 30 day extension should be June 4th regardless of when she applies.

What is your source of information of when she can apply for an extension of stay? 2 weeks before the expiry of the stamp would surely be accepted.

Many offices will refuse applications for TV/visa exempt extensions made that early ----

There is no written rule. Some offices will process the extension during the last two weeks and I've even heard of it being done 30 days early, BUT to be sure of not wasting a trip it is better to apply within the last 7 days.

The earliest i have done one is 28 days before expiry but that's for Chaengwatthana. They will do an extension starting half way through your 60 day tourist visa.

rolleyes.gif How early you can aply for an extension on a single entry tourist vusa depends on the immigration office and their olicy on how soon you can apply.

I, personally, have applied for an extension on tourist visa previously several times....and in Bangkok at Chaeng Wattana immigration they will usually agree to an extension if you apply as much as 30 days ahead.

Wil cast 1900 Baht for the extension and depending on how many people applying that day will take betwween 1.5 and 3 hours to get it.

Because immigration is closed Saturday and Sunday....Monday is the busiest day so it will take longer then as there will be more people in the queue.

Ffrom personal experience i usually choose Wednesday through Friday myself. f possible

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Any reports on this forum of someone being denied an extension because it was too early? Any other sources?

Plenty of posts on the forum about it. Some for immigration in Pattaya telling people to come back on the last day.

Any reports on this forum of someone being denied an extension because it was too early? Any other sources?

Plenty of posts on the forum about it. Some for immigration in Pattaya telling people to come back on the last day.

I thought the last day thing was only for an extension of visa exempt entry not a tourist visa.

I thought the last day thing was only for an extension of visa exempt entry not a tourist visa.

You have been misinformed or are mistaken.

There have been posts about them doing it for both of them.. They don't always do it but it has happened.

What material do I need to extend my girlfriends 30 day automatic visa do I need plane ticket

No need for a ticket.

Completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, Copies of her passport photo page, entry/permitted to stay stamp and TM6 departure card.

What material do I need to extend my girlfriends 30 day automatic visa do I need plane ticket

No need for a ticket.

Completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, Copies of her passport photo page, entry/permitted to stay stamp and TM6 departure card.

Thanks very helpful