UK Visit Visa, FYI

Mrs handed everything in on Thursday 12 May, got an e-mail on Tuesday the 17th, went today to pick up Visa.

No need for photos, its all done inside, no questions asked, no interviews.

Everything straightforward, everything photocopied, no need for translations.

The requirement not to provide a passport photo is a fairly new change, has already been mentioned on this forum and indeed on the VFS website.

VFS staff have never conducted interviews, though they may ask clarification questions.

The UKVI do require that documentary evidence not in English, or Welsh, is translated, though whether they would actually refuse an application that wasn't is a mute point, I wouldn't take a chance. Did VFS staff hand back any translations you provided?

You’ll also need to provide a certified translation of any documents that aren’t in English or Welsh.

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/documents-you-must-provide

Not sure what you mean by "everything photocopied", are you saying that VFS staff now copy everything?

Glad your wife's application was successful, hope you both enjoy the trip.

It may have been a poor choice of language I have read on here of people saying their partners were interviewed, the mrs told me it was more like small talk, not an interview as such.

By everything photocopied I mean, no originals were handed over, photocopies of all paperwork.

As a side note, the passport came in a sealed envelope that contained all the documents submmitted, I am sure the last time we just picked up the passport and the supporting documents came later by post.

All in all a pain free experience.

• Like 1

VFS have the job of collating documents to be forwarded to the Embassy for processing. Some VFS staff seem to have taken the decision to involve themselves in deciding what should and should not be forwarded.

It is appropriate for them to question missing documents but not much more.

Officially the rules specify that translations should be provided where appropriate but clearly there are plenty of staff able to translate at the Embassy. This may not be the case in all countries of course.

An adequately thought out application should be pain free! The UK needs tourists!

Checked the visa today, it is valid from, intended date of travel, NOT date of issue, only mention this because I have seen this question asked before.

It is appropriate for them to question missing documents but not much more.

How would VFS staff know about missing documents?

From what I read on the website, its says submit documents applicable to your application.

The ECO will make the decision based on the ..........

VFS told my GF she should submit a new application as the Marriage Visit visa was "single entry only". Like idiots we did! VFS were, of course, wrong and fortunately, she did get a multiple entry Marriage visa. I also got an apology email from UKVI and a refund. She was interviewed before the visa was granted but this was over the phone by someone from the Embassy.