Tax At Land Office On 30 Year Lease

I've had a browse and a search around this forum, but can't find an answer to this question specifically.

My Thai wife and I have had a piece of land for about a year now, and plan to vitsit the land office next week to do a 30 year lease. My question is simple - how much is the bill likely to be at the land office? Any one have any specific examples of how it went and how much was paid?

From what I understand there is a tax payable at 1% of the lease value. Any ideas how this is calculated? The land is 6 Rai and up north.

Any comments and real-life stories of those having done it will be appreciated.

thanks

I believe this is correct but not 100% certain

1) The price you pay at the land office is very cheap a few hundred baht,if you get a lawyer to help they will charge a few thousand baht.

2) The one percent will be on a valuation ,which is usually below the market value

I've had a browse and a search around this forum, but can't find an answer to this question specifically.

My Thai wife and I have had a piece of land for about a year now, and plan to vitsit the land office next week to do a 30 year lease. My question is simple - how much is the bill likely to be at the land office? Any one have any specific examples of how it went and how much was paid?

From what I understand there is a tax payable at 1% of the lease value. Any ideas how this is calculated? The land is 6 Rai and up north.

Any comments and real-life stories of those having done it will be appreciated.

thanks

Just ask an agent at the Land Office what an acceptable rent rate would be. That's what we did, and were amazed at the low figure provided.

I forgot the percent we paid on that arbitrary rental figure, but I seem to recall 3%, not 1%. But I'm probably wrong. In any event, my wallet was still nearly full when we left.

Oh, don't forget your passport. For some reason they wanted to see that before signing off on the lease.

So you cannot have a nominal figure if it is between you and your wife for example and there is no real rent, but for the sake of the document to have to put in a figure, so we say 100 baht per year etc X 30 years and then 1% on that amount. Is this not allowed as they will come up with their own figure as to what the rent should be ?

Or is there a minimum figure ?

So you cannot have a nominal figure if it is between you and your wife for example and there is no real rent, but for the sake of the document to have to put in a figure, so we say 100 baht per year etc X 30 years and then 1% on that amount. Is this not allowed as they will come up with their own figure as to what the rent should be ?

Or is there a minimum figure ?

Thanks for the reply Nawtilus. Probably a stupid question, but I was under the impression that the land office can actually provide the lease document as well (that's what they mentioned when we were there when we bought the land last year - but my Thai is not that good). You seem to imply above that we'd actually need to take the lease document with us (ie. have it already prepared). Is that the case? If so I now have to look around for a lease document in Thai? Any suggestions?