21 day over stay, problem re entering?

I left Thailand via Bangkok airport a few weeks ago and was fined for 21 day overstay.

Was pretty straight forward, paid the fine and went on my way.

I've had a 1 day overstay before and never had an issue re entering, however, as this is 3 weeks, could there be problems re entering?

I take it they wrote something in the passport, it's probably noted in the system too.

Up to 90 day overstay should not cause any problems for returning back to Thailand.

To avoid possible questions when returning on a VOA it is advisable to obtain a Tourist Visa.

VOA's are only available to the citizens of a few countries, cost 1000 Bht and allow a non extendable stay of 15 days.

• Like 1

Probably have no issues returning and entering on a visa exemption if your passport and nationality allows especially if you have proof of funds and a flight out of the country within 30 days.

If your looking to stay longer then it would be best to obtain a visa before travelling.

Edited by NongMalee

I've been in and out twice on visa exemption recently with a 2 year overstay stamp in passport, got in fine. One time asked if I had an onward ticket, the next nothing.

• Like 1

Up to 90 day overstay should not cause any problems for returning back to Thailand.

To avoid possible questions when returning on a VOA it is advisable to obtain a Tourist Visa.

VOA's are only available to the citizens of a few countries, cost 1000 Bht and allow a non extendable stay of 15 days.

52 countries are eligible for the VOA which is free.

For most of those countries it can be extended by 30 days which cost 1900 Baht.

Sorry you are confusing VOA and Visa exemption.

19 countries are eligible for visa on arrival giving stays of15 days and are non extendable.

10,000 baht must be shown as well as a requirement to enter the Kingdom and a return ticket in the 15 days is necessary.

There is bilateral agreements giving 30 days stays as well in the case of Malaysia and others.

Edited by NongMalee

Wrong.

A VOA is only available for a few countries and costs 1,000 Baht for a stay of 15 days.

• Like 1

You're talking about a visa exempt entry, not a visa on arrival. The former is an entry allowed without a visa. The latter is a visa obtained at the airport in Thailand and is only available to citizens of a few countries.

If you're going to offer advice, it's best to get your "facts" right.

I've been in and out twice on visa exemption recently with a 2 year overstay stamp in passport, got in fine. One time asked if I had an onward ticket, the next nothing.

I am just curious, what is the reason for u to ignore the immigration policy of a country? 2 yrs overstay???

I am just curious, what is the reason for u to ignore the immigration policy of a country? 2 yrs overstay???

I'm as hard over on long-term overstayers as anyone, but jspill was simply sharing relevant information, not soliciting for sympathy or claiming unfairness or making excuses. 'No reason to badger him just for trying to be helpful.

I'm as hard over on long-term overstayers as anyone, but jspill was simply sharing relevant information, not soliciting for sympathy or claiming unfairness or making excuses. 'No reason to badger him just for trying to be helpful.

Maybe your level of English and mine are different... The statement I made was "curious" and nothing against him. BTW, what has cute animal "badger" doing here?