Eight Russian tourists injured in Pattaya van smash - driver flees scene

webfact

Eight Russian tourists injured in Pattaya van smash - driver flees scene

rus.JPG

PATTAYA: -- Eight Russian tourists ended up in hospital Tuesday after the van they were in overturned entering the central reservation.

The accident happened next to the Bira Racing circuit.

Nong Preu police called to the scene of the accident found the Toyota van on its side in the middle of the dual carriageway.

The van was taking the Russians from Koh Chang to Pattaya. One passenger Dimitri Logunof, 25, said that near to the scene of the accident the van had started swerving from one side to the other before it flipped and ended in the ditch.

He said that the driver just got out and ran off. The tourists were helped by a member of the public who stopped and called police.

The van had Buriram plates and was operated by Pradap Tour. Police are hunting the driver.

The injured were all taken to hospital in Pattaya.

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-25

Another in the long line of similar stories.

The situation never improves because little is done to change and improve things. Lots of talk of course.

I'm not saying traffic accidents can be prevented completely but much, much more can be done starting with actual enforcement by the BIB etc and realistic punishments.

While bus drivers don’t have a fantastic driving record either at least when it comes to travelling from Pattaya to Koh Chang I reckon with the kamikaze style of driving adopted by most of the minivan driver’s you stand a much better chance of arriving at your destination on the big 99 bus. I wouldn’t go on a minivan even if someone else paid my fare

post-6925-0-88477700-1464148806_thumb.jp

Edited by midas

While bus drivers don’t have a fantastic driving record either at least when it comes to travelling from Pattaya to Koh Chang I reckon with the kamikaze style of driving adopted by most of the minivan driver’s you stand a much better chance of arriving at your destination on the big 99 bus. I wouldn’t go on a minivan even if someone else paid my fare

Honestly ?...have you seen the way they drive those big buses as well ?

Tourist Bus Crashes. Driver Runs Away
Story by Albert Jack

8r.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 11pm on the evening of Tuesday May 24 a minibus carrying eight Russian tourists crashed, whilst heading into Pattaya on Route 36, outside the Bira Racing Circuit.

Sawangboriboon Rescue Workers were quickly on the scene and discovered a bronze Toyota minibus, with the commuter licence number 30223 belonging to the Pradub Tour Company, a previously unknown tour company, had overturned into a ditch.

Medics attended to the injuries of eight passengers, five men and three women, who were not seriously hurt but were suffering from shock.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/224555/russia-bus/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-05-25

You are much more likely to walk away from a crash in a big bus than from one in a minivan. Also the big bus operators tend to be more inclined to protect their investment by being a bit picky about drivers.

By the same logic I refuse point-blank to ever get on a motorbike in Thailand. Too much risk of death or major injury even in a small accident.

You are much more likely to walk away from a crash in a big bus than from one in a minivan. Also the big bus operators tend to be more inclined to protect their investment by being a bit picky about drivers.

By the same logic I refuse point-blank to ever get on a motorbike in Thailand. Too much risk of death or major injury even in a small accident.

Only 2 days ago.

7 passengers died in this big bus accident and 24 ended up in hospital.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/164250

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/919392-seven-people-killed-24-injured-when-double-decker-bus-crashes-in-phetchaburi/?utm_source=newsletter-20160523-1353&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

I don't think it makes any difference whether in a big bus or a minivan when there's a nut loose

behind the wheel!

Edited by sotsira

Nice to see the Pattaya bashing brigade in fine voice.

In addition to all of its other sins it is now the epicentre of bad driving. That probably explains why the minibus who ran me off the road last week in Rayong did it, he was on his way home to Pattaya.

Dangerous, aggressive and inconsiderate driving in Thailnad is endemic. The chief protagonists are minibus drivers, most of whom seem to have death wishes.

Realistic penalties,effective policing and a change of mind set, not accepting road death as normal would change things. I am not delusional, I know it's the price for living here.

Standard is to run from the bus while the van owner, probably some offical high up, sorts things out for them. Cash.

I thought that most of them do own the vehicle or least lease them but are loosely affliliated to these 'bus companies' who may have connections further up the political chain

Driver "flipping" a vehicle and "running " away will certainly "tarnish" the Pattaya image even further.

Yep. I'll leave them for dead and forget about calling for emergency services.

Disgraceful !!

Pattaya's image is already in the toilet how can you damage it further?

Only 2 days ago.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/919392-seven-people-killed-24-injured-when-double-decker-bus-crashes-in-phetchaburi/?utm_source=newsletter-20160523-1353&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

I don't think it makes any difference whether in a big bus or a minivan when there's a nut loose

behind the wheel!

I do not agree with you, compare minivan accidents with big bus accidents and it will be something like 80% more likely you'll end up dead in a minivan. Why ? It's just the physical laws mate.

Lets say a big bus crash into a minivan full of passengers at high speed , who do you think will survive, the passengers inside the big bus or the minivan ?

Edited by balo

Only 2 days ago.

behind the wheel!

I do not agree with you, compare minivan accidents with big bus accidents and it will be something like 80% more likely you'll end up dead in a minivan. Why ? It's just the physical laws mate.

Lets say a big bus crash into a minivan full of passengers at high speed , who do you think will survive, the passengers inside the big bus or the minivan ?

What don't you agree with exactly?

I didn't say that minivans are safer or buses are more dangerous.

What i said was it doesn't make any difference what vehicle you travel in if there's

a nut loose behind the wheel.

Get it now? facepalm.gif

This is the stretch of highway 36 where two caddies were killed outside this motor racing circuit a few weeks ago. Squashed flat by a lorry. I travel it a lot, always during the day, on my way back from Pattaya Country Club.

This part of that particular highway is lethal and deadly - I simply cannot imagine what it would be like in the dark.

1. You have traffic belting along at 100-130 kmh in three lanes coming toward this section, which then suddenly reduces to rutted narrower unmarked uphill lanes, with lorries and cars slowing down and swerving about all over the place to avoid pot holes.

To add to that there is an horrendous U turn in the section.

No excuse for the driver running away, I don't know the circumstances. But, without doubt,we are going to see more and more serious accidents on this stretch unless the authorities repair the road and 'clearly' lane mark it.

Yes the difference is you have a greater chance to survive in a big bus . Get it now?

That is only your opinion, any way of proving it?

What i can say is that you are somewhat deluded in thinking that some vehicles

are safer than others here in Thailand, when it's the drivers that are the real

problem, not the vehicles.