Electronic Components

gandalf12

Does anyone know anywhere in Bangkok were electronic components can be purchased? I am thinking of integrated circuits mostly logic components. Sort of things like AND, OR, EX OR etc. I need a good range of functions so if anyone knows of an outlet I would appreciate it.

Zeer Rangsit has a tiny selection of electronic components but nothing like the range I am looking for. Radio Shack doesnt have anything either. From what I have seen from the IT shops is that they sell units not components.

You should be able to get most of what you need at NPE but maybe not 74 or 4000 series glue-logic which you seem to be seeking, otherwise the Ban Mo (Old Siam Plaza) area of Bangkok. There's a big NPE in Old Siam Plaza.

Or try Electronics Source http://www.es.co.th/index.asp

Edit but do try a search on www.mynpe.com I banged a few random 74lsxx numbers in and got hits.

OR learn how to program PIC micro-controllers and build the exact functions you need :)

You should be able to get most of what you need at NPE but maybe not 74 or 4000 series glue-logic which you seem to be seeking, otherwise the Ban Mo (Old Siam Plaza) area of Bangkok. There's a big NPE in Old Siam Plaza.

Or try Electronics Source http://www.es.co.th/index.asp

Edit but do try a search on www.mynpe.com I banged a few random 74lsxx numbers in and got hits.

OR learn how to program PIC micro-controllers and build the exact functions you need smile.png

The 74 series is te old type. Ideally I want chips that are MOSFET or IGFET. I will certainly give them a go and thanks for your response. If everything fails I will have to order them from the UK

What logic series do you need??

Stating MOSFET or IGFET (both are effectively the same generic device) would send you towards the 4000 series CMOS logic family.

And don't forget 74Cxx or 74HCxx are CMOS versions of standard 74 series logic.

And there is nowt wrong with TTL (74xx) logic, it's cheap, fast and bomb proof, great for getting the design right before transferring to the low power stuff.

What logic series do you need??

Stating MOSFET or IGFET (both are effectively the same generic device) would send you towards the 4000 series CMOS logic family.

And don't forget 74Cxx or 74HCxx are CMOS versions of standard 74 series logic.

And there is nowt wrong with TTL (74xx) logic, it's cheap, fast and bomb proof, great for getting the design right before transferring to the low power stuff.

74 series is tried and tested. As you say it is slid and cheap. I will check them out. Thanks Crossy

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the helpful information guys. Found a lot of what I want from the details you have all provided me. The rest I will get from the UK.

MODERTORS I suggest we consider this topic now closed