Pattaya Red Light Warning

webfact

He must have been drunk, to have done something so Stupid, Selfish, Dangerous, Idiotic.

People in Thailand don't behave like this all day every day do they ? whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Hope she recovers ok. wai2.gif

They don't need to be drunk to do stupid stuff like this. They manage it quite well sober...

"Thankfully, we are told, there were no fatalities but the viral clip does provide a timely reminder to take care and remain focused when using the roads."

What a ridiculous statement. It's only a reminder that if you decide to jump red lights you should be more careful.

Yes I'm sure the driver of the white car would agree - it's ONLY a reminder to light jumpers....

I have become very focused on getting a good lane/positioning before the snarl at Pattaya Klang. This is a timely reminder to engage swiveling 270 degree coverage neck tech

alot of people here saying this is not news as many people take risks on the roads every day. however this time it was captured on camera, then released to the public making it many many times worse. similar situation with the ladyboy letting its tits get groped for cash. it broke the rules and allowed to act to be filmed. wonder how the good general can cut down on these events being filmed? alot harder these days with phones and cars having cameras in them.

Funny how jumping the red light turns into a ladyboy getting her tits grabbed.....brilliant

The only surprising thing about this video is that the car driver doesn't head for the hills. Everything else is just normal Thainess, in a country where they give motorbikes to hedgehogs.

The white car did reduce speed quickly. Put yourself in the driver's shoes - it would have been a frightening experience. I'll bet the driver will never be able to cross an intersection in future without some apprehension, even on green. It is really hard to believe that no one was killed.

alot of people here saying this is not news as many people take risks on the roads every day. however this time it was captured on camera, then released to the public making it many many times worse. similar situation with the ladyboy letting its tits get groped for cash. it broke the rules and allowed to act to be filmed. wonder how the good general can cut down on these events being filmed? alot harder these days with phones and cars having cameras in them.

Funny how jumping the red light turns into a ladyboy getting her tits grabbed.....brilliant

more funny how these 'crimes' only really matter if they are caught on camera.

He must have been drunk, to have done something so Stupid, Selfish, Dangerous, Idiotic.

People in Thailand don't behave like this all day every day do they ? whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

They don't need to be drunk to do stupid stuff like this. They manage it quite well sober...

"Thankfully, we are told, there were no fatalities but the viral clip does provide a timely reminder to take care and remain focused when using the roads."

What a ridiculous statement. It's only a reminder that if you decide to jump red lights you should be more careful.

I don't think you could back-track on this line claiming it was sarcasm......cheesy.gif

I don't think you could back-track on this line claiming it was sarcasm......cheesy.gif

No, but the golden rule to stay alive here is to understand that a green light actually means: PROCEED WITH CAUTION. Never cross any intersection assuming you have right of way.

passenger(lady)came off worse it seems.....when will these 'walnut brain' morons ever learn.......absolute imbociles!!!!...i have no sympathy whatsoever...

probably the cars' fault to their way of thinking....clap2.gif

In a small way it was also the cars fault. We all know what Thai's do at traffic lights and most of us look a little harder to see if anyone is jumping the lights. This driver obviously didn't. It was an accident that with little bit of thought even the idiot jumping the lights could have avoided the accident

Sorry but that is rubbish ,in no way was it the car drivers fault ,not in the slightest .

what if the driver of the car was a foreigner? if they had not come to thailand then the accident would not have happened. wonder if insurance companies use this line of reasoning.

... this is just a silly myth perpetuated by paranoid alcoholics warming barstools all day with nothing better to talk about....

passenger(lady)came off worse it seems.....when will these 'walnut brain' morons ever learn.......absolute imbociles!!!!...i have no sympathy whatsoever...

In a small way it was also the cars fault. We all know what Thai's do at traffic lights and most of us look a little harder to see if anyone is jumping the lights. This driver obviously didn't. It was an accident that with little bit of thought even the idiot jumping the lights could have avoided the accident

I think I understand the point you are attempting to make.

In a Small way there is a slim possibility that the car driver could have avoided the accident by anticipating the possibility that someone cross in front of him through a red light at a junction such as this....

In a small way, you may be correct..... But in no way does this place the car driver at fault.

What you are saying could also be said that, the car driver could also have avoided the accident by driving everywhere at 10 kmh... but then someone else would say he's responsible for the car that rear-ends him.

In this case the bikes are 100% at fault... there is a very small possibility that the accident could have been avoided, but to do so would involve driving around at a snails pace or an otherwise quite impractical manner.

It is for this exact reason that I have a dash-cam in my car - It will record the accident that I one day have when vehicle pulls out infant of me without looking.....

what if the driver of the car was a foreigner? if they had not come to thailand then the accident would not have happened. wonder if insurance companies use this line of reasoning.

... this is just a silly myth perpetuated by paranoid alcoholics warming barstools all day with nothing better to talk about....

IMO there's truth to that oft used cliche, in the minds of many a Thai. (I don't drink or partake of any drugs and I'm not paranoid). I'm currently in a dispute where my greatest and only sin is being here. I'm constantly told (verbally abused, taunted) to go home, this is not my country. They decided that I have no right to be here because they don't want me here...

I'm about to find out if the court system has the same view...

Edited by tropo

IMO there's truth to that oft used cliche, in the minds of many a Thai. (I don't drink or partake of any drugs and I'm not paranoid). I'm currently in a dispute where my greatest and only sin is being here. I'm constantly told (verbally abused, taunted) to go home, this is not my country. They decided that I have no right to be here because they don't want me here...

Sorry to hear (read) that... Hope it all works out in court and that the chancers are just that...

Sorry to hear (read) that... Hope it all works out in court and that the chancers are just that...

Thanks! It's nasty and has been going on for 6 months. It has changed my view of Thailand and its people. The outcome of this will determine my decision to stay or leave. I've given up talking to foreigners about this, because they're all scared and their advice is to leave because you can't win.

I wouldn't drive a car here. There's too much risk of killing someone and going by my personal experience so far, you are wrong even if you are right, and the dash cam won't help much... not in the case of personal injury... and they'll come after you even if the law is on your side. Due to the high cost of litigation here, most Thais choose other ways to settle scores.

Edited by tropo

I think I understand the point you are attempting to make.

In a Small way there is a slim possibility that the car driver could have avoided the accident by anticipating the possibility that someone cross in front of him through a red light at a junction such as this....

In a small way, you may be correct..... But in no way does this place the car driver at fault.

What you are saying could also be said that, the car driver could also have avoided the accident by driving everywhere at 10 kmh... but then someone else would say he's responsible for the car that rear-ends him.

In this case the bikes are 100% at fault... there is a very small possibility that the accident could have been avoided, but to do so would involve driving around at a snails pace or an otherwise quite impractical manner.

It is for this exact reason that I have a dash-cam in my car - It will record the accident that I one day have when vehicle pulls out infant of me without looking.....

There's never 100% responsibility on either side. Most court cases involving traffic accidents are centered around apportioning blame and an insured person should never admit liability. It can always be argued the white car was travelling too fast, and this is often the case at intersections. The count down to red makes it even more dangerous as most cars speed up when the count down clock is getting close to zero. Other intersections here have flashing green when it's about to turn red, insuring most traffic will speed up to make the light.

No, but the golden rule to stay alive here is to understand that a green light actually means: PROCEED WITH CAUTION. Never cross any intersection assuming you have right of way.

PROCEED WITH CAUTION.........Love It!!!......

Back home in aus....zebra crossings give the pedestrian right of way....but in thailand to me it means .....wait until there are no cars and make a quick

scurry across the roadcheesy.gif .......I wouldn't dare cross if i saw an oncoming car even 100 metres away.........better to wait IMO......