Liberians caught in Sukhumvit with fake US dollars

webfact

The ingenuity of these scammers is amazing. A librarian is the last person I would expect to be passing phony bills.

Try Liberia, a country in West Africa, capital Monrovia.
Good lord, try humour.

If that is your attempt at humour, can I ask from what part of America you are from ?

What makes you think he's from America? How many Americans do you know that spell "humor" as the Commonwealth way, "humour?"

In answer to your first question, because they are not known for having a great sense of humour. As for your second question, the ones that are properly educated.

Sometimes I toss the extra letters in just to mess with Brit heads (I'm a yank). maybe I should be put in gaol for it....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What can you expect? "Liberia scored a 3.3 on a scale from 10 (highly clean) to 0 (highly corrupt) on the 2010 Corruption Perceptions Index. This gave it a ranking 87th of 178 countries worldwide and 11th of 47 in Sub-Saharan Africa.[58] This score represented a significant improvement since 2007, when the country scored 2.1 and ranked 150th of 180 countries.[59] When dealing with public-facing government functionaries 89% of Liberians say they have had to pay a bribe, the highest national percentage in the world according to the organization's 2010 Global Corruption Barometer.[60]"

Just wonder where the Thailand stands in this ranking.

You are all missing the picture here

nothing fake about this lot,,

they were ahead of their time, it's just that

the Thai officials haven't been advised on

the new US currency being printed right now.

These guys are just testing the market,

doing a survey, youze got it all wrong,,,

post-141778-0-05877600-1464350024_thumb.

In which parallel universe are their people who are so stupid to buy USD bills from a bunch of Liberians Ok lets say people of West African heritage that have a stamp on them that can be cleaned off rendering the bill legit........

Im in the wrong game and universe.... there is just so much tidal land with great views that I could sell if I can get to that parallel universe......

Really amazes me

I remember back in grade school, and later on television, particularly the westerns, learning about the many con artists and snake oil salesmen and shysters from the old days. And I remember as a kid thinking how good it was that people were smarter "now", and no longer susceptible to all that. And later on still, hearing the "one born every minute" thing - I just could not believe that people were really truly that stupid. Surely people wouldn't repeat over & over again the obvious, well-documented, mistakes of the past. Surely no parent would raise a kid without teaching 'em about all that. Surely you couldn't get through school without learning about it. But it truly is a matter of human nature. People want to believe they can get something for nothing, and so they will believe it. People can take advantage of their naïve, gullible, fellow man, and so they simply do. 'Happens in business. 'Happens in politics (how many people believed everything Obama promised them?!). 'Happens in advertising. Criminals rely on this. Some dimwits right here on TVF constantly remind us that anything and anybody is fair game and crime is OK if you're "needy". No need at all for a parallel universe, unless you're looking for that place where everybody walks around with common sense and a reasonably functional brain.

"And I remember as a kid thinking how good it was that people were smarter "now", and no longer susceptible to all that."

And where were you brought up? I'll bet it wasn't in Thailand.

W

Yep...those guys are still around because business is Good.

Meantime Thailand has a fair amount of scams going on perpetrated by con artists and "Flim Flam" men while the Fake stock brokerage services and boiler room scams are still flourishing here and orchestrated by WHITE GUYS ...as in White Guys...lol........ that bilk several thousand people out of their hard earned money and sometimes totaling 10 to 20 million Dollars or more before they are exposed and then leisurely move along to open another Boiler room operation in the same area of Bangkok or the S.E Asia region.

On this last Tuesday I received another phone call from another Boiler room operation while I just hung up on the Filipina woman telephone operator.

Names and contact numbers of potential people to be scammed are sold amongst one another so several months go by and you get a call from a new investment company or it could be the old one but under a new name and it looks like they are phoning from Hong Kong or Singapore...but they are phoning from Bangkok.

I hope they all die a miserable, agonizing death.

Meantime, if you perform some simple internet research you will quickly learn that the Good Ole US of A is home to the longest list of perpetrated scams and forms of fraud in the entire world....From A to Z and far more so than any other country in the world for the sheer volume of scams while many scams and forms of fraud are unique to America and practiced no where else.

You are safer living here than living in America when it comes to scams and frauds and con men and con women and shysters and financial rip offs and common thieves that will do you harm and or ruin your day...or ruin your life for that matter.

Cheers

If that is your attempt at humour, can I ask from what part of America you are from ?

What makes you think he's from America? How many Americans do you know that spell "humor" as the Commonwealth way, "humour?"

I've never met many Americans with a good sense of humour like the Brits. They think saying "your mum" is funny.

The ingenuity of these scammers is amazing. A librarian is the last person I would expect to be passing phony bills.

Try Liberia, a country in West Africa, capital Monrovia.
Good lord, try humour.

As I'm sure you can see, it is not my attempt. Also, you will note I did not use the American spelling for humour. But nice if completely inappropriate and unimaginative dig.