Sending Big Parcels To Thailand

Tiesto

Hi

I'm heading off to Bangkok end of the year and need to send some bits over. I want to send 2 Technic 1210 record decks, there very sterdy and will be packed well! Has anyone had any experiance with companys sending out electrical equipment or fragile furniture any recomendations would be appreciated! There my pride and joy which is why there coming with me:)

Thanks for any replys!

Hi

I'm heading off to Bangkok end of the year and need to send some bits over. I want to send 2 Technic 1210 record decks, there very sterdy and will be packed well! Has anyone had any experiance with companys sending out electrical equipment or fragile furniture any recomendations would be appreciated! There my pride and joy which is why there coming with me:)

Thanks for any replys!

You don't say where your living but I've just sent my PC and various other items over here from the UK and they should be arriving at my house tomorrow so I'll come back to you after they've got here.

Hi

Thanks for any replys!

You don't say where your living but I've just sent my PC and various other items over here from the UK and they should be arriving at my house tomorrow so I'll come back to you after they've got here.

Sorry i'm from the UK. If you could mate, i'd much appreciate it!

Cheers

nobodys sent stuff to Thailand or is this not interesting enough? Sorry next time i'll make my thread a bit more interesting, maybe 'I fell in love with a Thai girl as i cant get a woman in my own country' I'm sure i'll have more reads and replys to that one!

My box finally arrived here on friday in good condition without any damage.I had wanted to send my PC,monitor,printer,etc, my CD/DVD collection and some personal items over here.When I checked in the UK large coumpanies such as DHL wanted far too much so I used a local company (TS International) in the west midlands.However small your parcel is they charge for a minimum size of one cubic meter.They will send that to Bangkok port by container ship for about £150, or by air for about £180.Ship takes three weeks and air takes two days.Mine came by ship.They arranged for an agent to organise things in bangkok.When it arrives here you have to pay customs clearance (mine was 6500 baht), import duty and VAT (2500 baht) and transport costs (2500 baht).So about £300+ altogether.If you could arrange things yourself in Bangkok without using an agent you could save some but I think it would be difficult to do.Hope this helps.

My box finally arrived here on friday in good condition without any damage.I had wanted to send my PC,monitor,printer,etc, my CD/DVD collection and some personal items over here.When I checked in the UK large coumpanies such as DHL wanted far too much so I used a local company (TS International) in the west midlands.However small your parcel is they charge for a minimum size of one cubic meter.They will send that to Bangkok port by container ship for about £150, or by air for about £180.Ship takes three weeks and air takes two days.Mine came by ship.They arranged for an agent to organise things in bangkok.When it arrives here you have to pay customs clearance (mine was 6500 baht), import duty and VAT (2500 baht) and transport costs (2500 baht).So about £300+ altogether.If you could arrange things yourself in Bangkok without using an agent you could save some but I think it would be difficult to do.Hope this helps.

That seems very expensive, would this be the same sending a parcel through parcel force do you think? I'm sending 2 record decks which if there going to cost me £450 I might as well buy brand new ones! Is there anyone here that can help me with this, as I didn't think it'd cost me this much to send!

Thanks

Edited by Tiesto

That seems very expensive, would this be the same sending a parcel through parcel force do you think? I'm sending 2 record decks which if there going to cost me £450 I might as well buy brand new ones! Is there anyone here that can help me with this, as I didn't think it'd cost me this much to send!

Thanks

1, The box was one cubic meter in size so you could get both decks in together, a smaller box would have cost the same as the bigger one did so I just filled it up with other things.

2, Over half my costs were in Thailand at customs etc. I would think that would be the same however you sent it.

3, A friend of mine works for the post office in the UK and when she checked for me Parcel Force would have been much more expensive than that.

I was in exactly the same situation a while back...

I sold the decks in the uk and with the cash ordered a new setup from htfr.com who delivered to the door in Thailand.

Saved all the hassle and worry and i ended up with a new set of tables.

As i had about 2500 vinyl collection in the uk i take two cases full everytime and will continue doing this for the future until i have half collection in Korat and half in uk...