May 27, 201610 yr My Lao girlfriend entered Thailand on a Single Entry Tourist visa (issued in London). It expires on 26 June and I understand that she can pay 1,900 baht and get it extended for 30 days at Immigration. This will take her up to 26 July. We are flying back to the UK on 3 August (tickets have been purchased). What are the chances of Immigration, on production of the e-ticket, either extending her visa for 38 days, from 27 June to 3 August, or giving her a further extension for 7 days in July? If they can't do this, I guess she will have to make a border run at the end of the extended visa, for a new 30 day stamp.
May 27, 201610 yr She would have to make two separate extensions. Firstly the 30 day one,then another for the 7 days which I believe would still leave her a day short.
May 27, 201610 yr Author There is no chance of your g/f being given a 38 day extension. I didn't think so! She would have to make two separate extensions. Firstly the 30 day one,then another for the 7 days which I believe would still leave her a day short. So, you think if she goes back to Immigration a few days before the first extension expires, they might extend it again for 7 days (I could cope with one day overstay)?
May 27, 201610 yr There is no chance of your g/f being given a 38 day extension. I didn't think so! She would have to make two separate extensions. Firstly the 30 day one,then another for the 7 days which I believe would still leave her a day short. So, you think if she goes back to Immigration a few days before the first extension expires, they might extend it again for 7 days (I could cope with one day overstay)? Yes she should be granted 7 days to leave the country.
May 27, 201610 yr Why should they? To leave the country as is normal procedure,you are actually refused another extension but given 7 days to leave the country.
May 27, 201610 yr Author Why should they? No reason why they should, that's why I am asking about their potential to be flexible. If someone has a ticket to leave Thailand, 7 days from the expiry of their visa, it seems sensible to me to allow them the 7 days. Maybe someone has experience of this. But flexibility isn't always possible.
May 27, 201610 yr Previous discussion of the OPs question can be found here. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/874029-extending-by-7-days-tourist-visa/
May 27, 201610 yr Author Previous discussion of the OPs question can be found here. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/874029-extending-by-7-days-tourist-visa/ Thanks for finding that. It answers my question perfectly. Cheers.
May 27, 201610 yr Why should they? No reason why they should, that's why I am asking about their potential to be flexible. If someone has a ticket to leave Thailand, 7 days from the expiry of their visa, it seems sensible to me to allow them the 7 days. Maybe someone has experience of this. But flexibility isn't always possible. There is every reason they should and they will, It's not flexibility it's a service Immigration provide 30 day extension on a Tourist Visa, Yes Another 7 day extension after that (not technically called a extension but still gives 7 days) Yes I know this because I did exactly the same at the start of the year OP you will have no issues with what you have posted Edited May 27, 201610 yr by darrendsd
Create an account or sign in to comment