CNX airport opening hours?

cocacao

Hi folks,

I have a 6am flight from CNX soon and am wondering if it's possible to spend a few (nap) hours there before. I couldn't find any official information - do they close the airport at night? when exactly is it open?

It'll be open but you won't be able to check in until 3 hours before an international flight or nap anywhere comfortable.

Hotels are cheap, grab one close the night before.

I've had some early flights - showed up 1.0-1.5 hours ahead - - - and felt like the only one there.....No desk people & a few security around.....

Not the most comfortable/accommodating airport for early morning departures.....

hotels are cheap. get a taxi to get you there at 4:30.

A dependable taxi that you can rely on at 04:30 with no recourse (when no one else is around) is a dicy bet when making the flight depends on it.....

A dependable taxi that you can rely on at 04:30 with no recourse (when no one else is around) is a dicy bet when making the flight depends on it.....

No it's not; we do it all the time for guests departing at some crazy early flight. Also there's always some taxis/tuktuks around at any reasonably central place.

I agree with Oscar: hotels are cheap, get a good night's sleep and for a 6am flight I'd go to the airport at 4:30am.

PM me for a phone number of a reliable Airport taxi driver who will be on time. That early it'll be 500 baht though. If it was just me I'd just grab a tuktuk or red bus; markets get going around that time and I'm sure I can find something.

No it's not; we do it all the time for guests departing at some crazy early flight. Also there's always some taxis/tuktuks around at any reasonably central place.

I agree with Oscar: hotels are cheap, get a good night's sleep and for a 6am flight I'd go to the airport at 4:30am.

PM me for a phone number of a reliable Airport taxi driver who will be on time. That early it'll be 500 baht though. If it was just me I'd just grab a tuktuk or red bus; markets get going around that time and I'm sure I can find something.

We're in an outlying area & not near a hub of anything.....We have gone to the airport & set up for an early taxi pick up before but have the back up of our car if needed.....If the taxi & parking costs are close it's easier to park....

Others might or might not have such options....All it takes is your one driver (source) predisposed or not wake up in time to wreck a trip....

We also get taxi's to pick us up very early when we have an early flight. The wife usually finds people on Panthip who advertise that they live in Sansai, Mae Rim, Mae Jo, - out by us. They are professionals who want referrals so they aren't going to flake.wink.png Once a few years ago, the guy who we had made arrangements with called us at about 5:00 A.M. to say that his wife was extremely ill and needed to get to the hospital but that he would find someone to cover for him and get us there on time. Sure enough, he got a lady in a tuk tuk to come get us. It was a bit cramped and uncomfortable in the tuk tuk with 3 people and luggage, but she was nice and got us there right on time.

We're in an outlying area & not near a hub of anything.....We have gone to the airport & set up for an early taxi pick up before but have the back up of our car if needed.....If the taxi & parking costs are close it's easier to park....

Others might or might not have such options....All it takes is your one driver (source) predisposed or not wake up in time to wreck a trip....

I have to laugh at the get a hotel they are cheap. No mention of the taxi fare to or from them. Like you say not every one lives in a location where they have them hanging around 24 hours a day. If you are like Winnie you have many tourists and know where to locate the people for that kind of service and more than likely have phone numbers for drivers who have proven them selves to be reliable. It is part of his business to have that information.

As for the OP I was wondering if he was just coming of a flight and waiting for the next one with no idea where to go.