ilikehd tv.....Sounds picture sync

underso

Hi,

I have ilikehd.tv on my minix playing through my Samsung TV and the image is really good. The only problem with it is that the sounds and the picture start off with a slight delay and the longer i watch it the more the sound / picture sync gets worse.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so managed to solve it?

My ilhdtv service, for the price and number of Live TV channels, is good, but the picture often leads the sound and they are nearly always out of sync. The sort of answers I get from customer service range from; It's a problem with the server, the problem is in the UK, and we've just reset the service so it should be okay now however nothing changes.

Still I'm reasonably happy despite the out of sync problem, and mostly because the service is cheap enough but I must admit I often wonder if there is something better on offer.

I don't have the same problem with my iPad and iPhone when viewing live news from Sky or the BBC, I have not checked my Panasonic Tv, I'll check when I can.

The processing speed between audio and video is different, hence the delay, this company takes many sources worldwide how they keep them synchronised without complex processing.

All other online TV suppliers will have the same issue.

As said before investigate your Tv menu to see if can adjust the delay.

Still I'm reasonably happy despite the out of sync problem, and mostly because the service is cheap enough but I must admit I often wonder if there is something better on offer.

There is, but you have to pay the market rate rather than sponging off the rest of us.

Useful thread. Now we start to get a balanced view of IPTV vs the satellite option that so many hate paying for or have had bad experiences with! I don't hate paying, but I only have to pay for True (Gold); CTH seemingly lost track of my custom 2 years ago when they ditched the local distributor!) and have not had bad experiences.

I was on the point of transferring over to IPTV from True/CTH but I think I'll stick (with True - CTH is surrender fodder after the Euros football tournament is over)

I look forward to other (honest) assessments of other IPTV options - I am still very much persuadable but picture and sound quality has to be up to scratch

I have also noticed the progressive audio/video sync problem the few times I have tried the 2 hour iLikeHD for the odd FA cup game. There is nothing worse than hearing a goal scored before you see it go in. I would rather pay extra or not bother at all next season.

I tried the recent free trial with 365sport and not overly impressed watching live football as the ball movement was far from smooth. Watching as catch-up seemed a little better.

Edited by Linesy

The IPTV system I use, looks pretty much the same as IlikeHD... Quality 100% image in HD and SD channels ... I don't think I have seen a lip sync glitch in over a year.

The program selection is endless in several languages including Thai and European channels as well as UK Eire etc, endless sports, movies etc.

Cheaper than Satellite services of True gold packages. ... IlikeHD does give choices of packages, the system I use is flat 1200 baht per month.

.... If there's a problem which is rare these days, they fix pretty fast... thumbsup.gif...

I use 3BB ADSl line and it is fine.... wink.png

The IPTV system I use, looks pretty much the same as IlikeHD... Quality 100% image in HD and SD channels ... I don't think I have seen a lip sync glitch in over a year.

The program selection is endless in several languages including Thai and European channels as well as UK Eire etc, endless sports, movies etc.

Cheaper than Satellite services of True gold packages. ... IlikeHD does give choices of packages, the system I use is flat 1200 baht per month.

.... If there's a problem which is rare these days, they fix pretty fast... thumbsup.gif...

Where do you subscribe to this?

You don't mention what IPTV service you use?

My love affair with ILikeHD is almost over. Way too unstable. Video stuttering while the audio keeps time. Stations disappearing. General buffering all over the place. Compare how Thai ExpatTV and Netflix handles things. Not sure if I'll pay this month. What a pity.

My love affair with ILikeHD is almost over. Way too unstable. Video stuttering while the audio keeps time. Stations disappearing. General buffering all over the place. Compare how Thai ExpatTV and Netflix handles things. Not sure if I'll pay this month. What a pity.

I am getting the same feeling...

There was a period where they had a high percentage of stable channels but recently I am suffering the same frustrations.

There is nothing worse than having to constantly reset the ISP.

Had one channel last night with picture but no sound.

There was a period where they had a high percentage of stable channels but recently I am suffering the same frustrations.

+2

I here this problem from people but i can honestly say i rarely have a problem with it. I do only watch football on there mostly through Skysports or BT but sometimes it might buffer every 20 mins for about 3 seconds if the internet is a bit slow but as i said rarely but if it does i just switch to CTH and no problems.

I did have a time when the internet in my area was bad for about 4 days so i ended up dropping down to 480 for one weekend and watching it on my laptop but this was a internet problem and not a Ilikehd issue.

I have 25mb internet connection. I guess if you are on a 10mb internet connection there will be issues when the speed drops. For 250 baht its hard to complain. Used 365sport on and off and they are very good especially on a weaker connection and the playback option is great if you get in late for the game.

+2

+3

I think it's a more complex issue, and depends on how you watch iLiketv, I don't use the smart tv option very much because I have noticed that in some programs the visual quality is poor but if I swap to my PC it's perfect. Also some programs on a smart tv are always good like the EPL or sky sports. Both my PC and Tv use the same wifi. I have a 20mbs line so it's not about net work connection, I suspect some of the "flash" options are not configured correctly.

The supply of Tv in this way is fraught with technical challenges, but for a few hundred THB i can watch any program on my iPad Pro with generally good results.

I have true vision as well ..... enough said....

+2

+3

+5

Sometimes one has to pull the plug and reset the box when these problems arise.... that may help!!

I've seen several of these boxes lately, pretty much useless in my opinion... I spent an hour with one member, we never did see a program ...

XMB box I think it was .... too tedious .... bah.gif