The Changing Face of Pattaya’s LK Metro by The Pattaya Sleuth

Inspire

The Changing Face of Pattaya’s LK Metro by The Pattaya Sleuth

john-pt.jpg

Pattaya is certainly a city that is evolving and on the whole is a city that is trying to become more family orientated but LK Metro is perhaps one of the sois that has bucked that trend. A few years ago it was soi that was best known for pubs such as Murphy’s Law and Irish Rover with the occasional mention of Lolita’s, Champagne Agogo and Devils Den but now it is best known for the many, and in fairness excellent agogos in the soi.

So why has LK Metro altered? The soi has always been popular with Brits, Aussies and Americans and many of these visitors were single guys coming over on holiday or extended holidays looking to make the most of their break. This often involved golf from one of the many golf societies, drinking and of course the girls. The demand for beer bars reduced and the demand for pubs and agogos increased and the soi reacted accordingly.

Without actually counting there must be around a dozen agogos in the soi that vary in quality but with the majority continually proving popular. The busier bars naturally attract the better looking girls and the better looking girls of course attract more customers. Many of the girls move around the agogos in the soi often when a new bar is opened or when one of the older establishments such as Champagne is renovated.

Full story: http://www.inspirepattaya.com/lifestyle/changing-face-pattayas-lk-metro/

inspire-pattaya1.jpg
-- Inspire Pattaya 2016-05-29

The GoGo's still overcharge, both for the drinks/beer and "barfines" and of course, what the girls ask for to date. It's an illusion created to fleece the unknowing male tourists. I'm surprised to read some think it's different than any other facade created to make people think it's "different". That one "bar" on the corner charges/collects/scams barfines for girls who don't even actually work there! not that they do at any of the other joints either...All of it disgusting and a bad mark on a great city, Pattaya.

The GoGo's still overcharge, both for the drinks/beer and "barfines" and of course, what the girls ask for to date. It's an illusion created to fleece the unknowing male tourists. I'm surprised to read some think it's different than any other facade created to make people think it's "different". That one "bar" on the corner charges/collects/scams barfines for girls who don't even actually work there! not that they do at any of the other joints either...All of it disgusting and a bad mark on a great city, Pattaya.

Do you feel better for that rant?

I hope you were taking the proverbial - "All of it disgusting........" - been here and happening for a long, long time and arguably part of Pattaya's rich tapestry. For many rather than being a bad mark it ticks all the boxes wink.png

LK Metro gogos have a huge advantage over Walking Street gogos - easy access by vehicle. It's quick and easy to grab a girl and get away, unlike all the bs the customers have to deal with in Walking Street. This will ensure continued and increasing popularity as more punters become familiar with this relatively new gogo bar zone.

Edited by tropo

Collecting bar fines for girls who don't work in the bar?.......are you new in town? what do you think freelancers do? they have an arrangement with many bars just to hangout, and if they get lucky both the bar and the girl make money. And why is it important?

Edited by JESSVANPELT

LK Metro gogos have a huge advantage over Walking Street gogos - easy access by vehicle.

And another big advantage:

It's NOT (yet) a family destination.

Can hardly remember baby pushcarts and guided Chinese tour groups walking along the (WS) zoo.

I have never quite felt that LK Metro achieves the quality of the available places to visit on Walking St.

(Or the prices I suppose)

Always seem to have a better time at the latter.

I suppose some people can handle walking along a street crowded with idiots and many other annoyances. It's not the bars which are the problem - it's getting to them. I hate Walking Street - worst place in Pattaya.

Pattaya is a city on the decline. All the owners want to sell out because they know their time is up. Westerners are out and the Chinese are in and the Chinese don't do bars. It's the same in Bangkok- Nana; Cowboy and Patpong all going the way of the Dodo Bird- extinct!

Pattaya is a city on the decline. All the owners want to sell out because they know their time is up. Westerners are out and the Chinese are in and the Chinese don't do bars. It's the same in Bangkok- Nana; Cowboy and Patpong all going the way of the Dodo Bird- extinct!

+ 1. Just check some commercial & business listings. Amazing....Then drive up the Thappraya and along Thepprasit and other main roads and count the businesses closed down, for sale & rent-signs and the shops houses slowly falling apart.....Quite a view. MS>

"when one of the older establishments such as Champagne renovates".

$hit - that makes me feel old. It doesn't seem so long ago that I first came to Thailand for anything longer than a work conference and stayed at Jasmine Mansion in soi Bukao, the chief downside to which was the noise coming from the creation of Champagne next door.

You would have thought that the abundance of Go-Go bars in LK Metro would have resulted in fiercer competition and better service for the customer? Not a bit of it. Contrary to popular belief, punters do not go to such places to merely ogle girls. They go for what is euphemistically called 'attention'. It is an extremely pleasant way to enjoy a drink if you do it with a lady draped round you. Owners/mama-sans seem to have lost sight of this fundamental.

Customers are treated with disdain by the majority of girls until 5 minutes before they go dancing. The latest such bar should be re-named 'Don't Touch' go-go bar. I have sometimes been the only customer in the place and watched a group of girls gossiping in a corner ignoring my attempts to buy their company. They are paid too much if they can pass up on a lady drink.

My son managed such an establishment in BKK. He tripled the bar takings in a month with the introduction of one simple rule: 'No farang drinks alone.'

How do gogos "overcharge"? They might be more expensive than beer bars, but they offer more and still don't charge for admission. No one forces anyone to go there or to pay barfines. If you think you're being overcharged for a barfine, don't take that girl. It's really not rocket science or worth getting grouchy about.

I have never quite felt that LK Metro achieves the quality of the available places to visit on Walking St.

I suppose some people can handle walking along a street crowded with idiots and many other annoyances. It's not the bars which are the problem - it's getting to them. I hate Walking Street - worst place in Pattaya.

I seem to manage, left foot then right foot.

Many large tourist groups are a hindrance, although I am not sure the average IQ is much above reptile level in LK Metro either!

Just pick 3-4 favourite venues near to each other, less walking, more enjoyment.

I seem to manage, left foot then right foot.

Many large tourist groups are a hindrance, although I am not sure the average IQ is much above reptile level in LK Metro either!

Just pick 3-4 favourite venues near to each other, less walking, more enjoyment.

LOL> I can do it - just don't enjoy it.

LK Metro - ride in - park bike directly in front of the bar of your choice. Can't beat that.

Edited by tropo

+ 1. Just check some commercial & business listings. Amazing....Then drive up the Thappraya and along Thepprasit and other main roads and count the businesses closed down, for sale & rent-signs and the shops houses slowly falling apart.....Quite a view. MS>

.....but at the same time MAMA noodle sales reach record highs rolleyes.gif