Advice needed

A belgian friend asked me some advice but i am not really an expert in visas so i ask the community ( he cannot write in english )

This Man is 47 and was a chier cooker in belgium. He had a belgium restaurant he owned but now sold it .

In the last 2 years he went here many Times in holidays, met a woman who is engineer in a factory. He stayed here as tourist visa for 2 months stays and come back in belgium and come back again in thailand.

Now the woman is pregnant.

She would like he comes to live in thailand. She wants to quit her job in Bkk and maybe build a resort in her hometown to work together .

He doesnt know how to do for visas to settle here. I think the resort Will be in her name. They are not married now and i dont know if they plan that. Maybe some people have ideas about the best way for him to build something légal and secure ?

At the age of 47 your friend only has the option of tourist visas. Either single or multiple entry tourist visas are available.

http://www2.thaiembassy.be/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Tourist-Visa-Announcement.pdf

I cannot comment on resort proposal but would suggest you friend takes great care especially if he is thinking about investing a significant amount of money.

At the time tourist visa are his only viable option,

After the baby is born he could get a non-o visas and 60 day extensions. If they don't get married he would have to legitimize his parenthood to get a one year extension at immigration.

If the resort happens he could get a work permit to work there, a non-b visa and possibley a one year extension.

There are a few ways to go, tourist visas or Elite Card.

Your friend will be probably investing all his money into the Resort, can he afford that, then there is the payments or back handers to people, then work permit, and at the end of the day the Resort will not be completely in his name, is he rich enough to probably walk away from it without getting any of his money back.

Just because she is pregnant is not a good idea to drop everything and come to Thailand, has he even thought about trying to get her to Belgium (after marrying her of course), has he thought about the Baby and the schooling system in later life, job opportunities, I suggest they both talk and find out which one would be the best.

Thanks everybody for the advices . I am not sure he is enough wealthy for thailand élite programm or 10 million investment . Maybe they Will plan a wedding but not sure he is ready. He never married before and was really indépendant ! I read elsewhere that being married change nothing about visa You can get ?

And yes i think he Will think now more and more about éducation fees and all these things after the happiness of prégnancy news.

Thanks everybody for the advices . I am not sure he is enough wealthy for thailand élite programm or 10 million investment . Maybe they Will plan a wedding but not sure he is ready. He never married before and was really indépendant ! I read elsewhere that being married change nothing about visa You can get ?

And yes i think he Will think now more and more about éducation fees and all these things after the happiness of prégnancy news.

Being married to a Thai does enable a more permanent visa/extension of stay to be obtained.

You better remind him that if he marries then he will also be responsible for Any debt that she might get when they are married, from experience I would not marry but go to the Children's Court (which is not difficult to do) and get parental rights over the child then go for a visa on your child, he can always get married at a later date when he is sure that it is the right thing to do

Ask your friend to look into these things:

Sinsod

Requirements to change a Thai Tourist visa into an Extension based on Marriage

look in Sinsod ....for what ?

Even though she is pregnant maybe the family will want some money for her (Dowry), she is working now and probably giving money to her mum and dad, and she had a University education, all things that the family will want money for, when he marries her, maybe he will get some back, but at the party he will have to show money and gold so the family can show off to their neighbours.

I recently read an article about a talk given to an invited audience in BKK (including employment and immigration officials from the Thai government) by an expert on SME's / Business start-ups and small companies - in particular, the most effective method of obtaining appropriate work visas.

The article stated that in the opening of his talk the expert apologized to the Thai government officials present but then went on to say that Thai employment/immigration laws were amongst the most prohibitive he had ever encountered! (courtesy probably prevented him from saying that the Thai govt clearly operates a system of restrictive practices). Indeed, his advice was that it was much simpler (and cheaper - due to better tax dispensations) to establish a business in Singapore, then apply for it to be recognized here in Thailand?

Sadly, despite saving the article to my PC - I am now unable to recover it due to the dreadful Windows 10 Operating System I have. I wondered if anyone else had seen/read this article or could offer me further advice on the topic? In particular. is it possible to establish a business in Hong Kong (instead of Singapore) and where/who do I need go/speak to regarding getting the appropriate documentation so that I can be granted a work visa?

Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks!!

I recently read an article about a talk given to an invited audience in BKK (including employment and immigration officials from the Thai government) by an expert on SME's / Business start-ups and small companies - in particular, the most effective method of obtaining appropriate work visas.

The article stated that in the opening of his talk the expert apologized to the Thai government officials present but then went on to say that Thai employment/immigration laws were amongst the most prohibitive he had ever encountered! (courtesy probably prevented him from saying that the Thai govt clearly operates a system of restrictive practices). Indeed, his advice was that it was much simpler (and cheaper - due to better tax dispensations) to establish a business in Singapore, then apply for it to be recognized here in Thailand?

Sadly, despite saving the article to my PC - I am now unable to recover it due to the dreadful Windows 10 Operating System I have. I wondered if anyone else had seen/read this article or could offer me further advice on the topic? In particular. is it possible to establish a business in Hong Kong (instead of Singapore) and where/who do I need go/speak to regarding getting the appropriate documentation so that I can be granted a work visa?

Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks!!

You should do a topic in the Jobs, economy, banking, business, investments forum. That is where advise for company formation can be obtained.